* * * * - 14 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread 2.0

#4051 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:02 AM

lol 
Dumb question guys but do you do in store pick up or shipped for niche game bought using gamer's club unlocked.
Just wondering cause I heard people had issues with senran kagura and persona 4 arena ultimax. 

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D/  trails of the cold steel and senran kagura ps4. 

I have all of my stuff shipped.

#4052 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36128 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:23 AM

This is always great to hear:

Will Trails of Cold Steel I and II see physical releases, or will they be digital-only like Trails in the Sky SC?

I’m pleased to say that both Cold Steel I and II are confirmed for physical and digital launches on PS3 and PS Vita.

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild; Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Blue Reflection; Shadow of War :ps3: TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Ys: Memories of Celceta

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Dishonored: DotO (3.5/5 :3ds: M&L: Superstar Saga (4.5/5)

#4053 Dammage   Chie is best girl CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:39 AM

This is always great to hear:

I really hope they just insert CoK  TitS in the game somewhere. Also, for someone who already has the first TitS but hasen't played it yet, should I go ahead with that or wait for cold steel the hedgehog?

2016 Games Completed

:pc: South Park: The Stick of Truth

:pc: Sakura Fantasy Ch. 1 :pc: Planetarian :pc: Deux Ex: Human Revolution :pc: Wolfenstein: The New Order :pc: Strider :pc: Witcher 2

:pc: Higurashi Ch. 1 :pc: Ys: Oath in Felghana :pc: Shadowrun: Dragonfall :ps3: Vanquish :ps4: Dark Souls II :vita: Xeodrifter :vita: Fragment's Note

xCWExDammage.png

#4054 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:44 AM

Oh wait... trails of cold steel is part of the legend of heroes series? Only played a bit of it before, most of them never made it stateside but i always wanted to play some more. Good on Xseed for bringing these over. Definity getting any LE they put out for it, though more likely it will just be their standard 1st print bonus stuff

Let me state that I only finished the first chapter and got part way through the second.  There was nothing overtly sexual about any of the graphics.

Spoiler
There is talk about boobs (or was it booty?) but again, nothing I would consider gratuitous.  There is a pretty thorough walkthru on youtube that you can view
Spoiler

ah thanks, i'll skip around in that to look. Lesbian stuff doesn't matter at all, some of her friends have two mommies =P Just wanted to make sure there wasnt boobs flopping everywhere or creepy loli stuff in there or something. Im thinking the gore though may be a bit much for her and she is just trying to act big by asking for it to impress her friends

P4DAN still not up on BB.com. Wake up, Mr. Joly...

T8X1v.gif

heh is that from one of the anime's?

I have all of my stuff shipped.

Ditto. I almost always have it shipped instead of store pickup. I dont like the tags they plaster all over stuff. Only exception is the upcoming batman LE system. I figure less banging around picking it up in store

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#4055 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:39 AM

what the.. anyone know what the deal with this is? just stumbled across it on amazon when i was looking at something else

http://www.amazon.co...pf_rd_i=desktop

is it a 3d remake of the old corpse party games? Its called Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Everafter Edition

Googling it it seems like it  actually may just be a sequal? If thats the case should you play the earlier ones first?

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#4056 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:44 AM

what the.. anyone know what the deal with this is? just stumbled across it on amazon when i was looking at something else

http://www.amazon.co...pf_rd_i=desktop

is it a 3d remake of the old corpse party games? Its called Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Everafter Edition

Googling it it seems like it  actually may just be a sequal? If thats the case should you play the earlier ones first?

It's the sequel coming out for the Vita.

Posted Image

#4057 ケネディ (KNDY)   Japan Import Gamer CAGiversary!   1032 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

ケネディ (KNDY)

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:04 AM

Wow, Xseed just destroyed the rest of my gaming budget for the year in one go. I wasn't expecting them to bring trails of cold steel 1 and 2 over, even with the rumor. Now it would be awesome if they announced Tokyo Xanadu for sometime next year.

Great to see Xseed releasing cool games!  Too many games that I want localized.

kndynt2099.png

Feel Free to Add me:
USA: XB360/PSN/Wii U: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

JAPAN: PSN: j-entonline | 3DS CODE: 1049-1636-7908

#4058 vashtheowner   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   539 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

vashtheowner

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:52 AM

Tales of Berseria announced for Ps3 ad Ps4. Now just give me the Zesteria Ps4 details.

Edit: Link - http://www.siliconer...-playstation-4/

CrimsonStorm3.png

#4059 dtcgb  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:37 AM

How are we supposed to play Trails of Cold Steel II without Ao/Zero no Kiseki? The Crossbell arc is essential to understanding the second game.

#4060 jimmywolf   wolf CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:29 PM

How are we supposed to play Trails of Cold Steel II without Ao/Zero no Kiseki? The Crossbell arc is essential to understanding the second game.

well considering how we have a backlog of games, by the time we play Trails of Cold Steel II the other ones should be localized. maybe even remastered by that point! 8-)  

Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#4061 dtcgb  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:35 PM

well considering how we have a backlog of games, by the time we play Trails of Cold Steel II the other ones should be localized. maybe even remastered by that point! 8-)

That's not possible. The Crossbell arc was originally developed for PSP, and only one of the two has an optimized port for PC. Xseed already said that the Crossbell arc was going to be near impossible to localize, so I think that means Xseed had to choose between Cold Steel or nothing at all.

#4062 stormzone  

stormzone

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:55 PM

Read this article and you will see what the developers have to say, They say it is possible and you will just get a different perspective then the Japanese fanbase, According to them, it wasn't meant to be played in order anyway.

It also states why they released this one before the previous two if you want to know that as well.

PS: Here is a semi-short form if tl:dr comes to play haha!

I was fortunate enough to be able to express this worry in person to the president of Falcom, Toshihiro Kondo; I was also just as relieved by his response. Immediately, he responded: “Actually, this is kind of intentional. We wanted Cold Steel and Zero/Azure to be playable in any order because we noticed that, with Cold Steel, the demographic suddenly became younger. Many new fans of the series were going back to the old games.”

Essentially, their goal for Cold Steel was not only to continue developing the incredibly deep lore behind the Zemurian continent, but to do it in such a way that would both please longtime fans and help new fans feel right at home. Rest easy knowing that you can canonically play Cold Steel before Zero/Azure—you’ll simply be getting a different perspective on events, seeing things in an order that differs from what Japanese players experienced, but is still confirmed by one of the Trails creators to be A-OK and even pretty much as intended.

#4063 thorbahn3   Everyone talks too much! Super Moderators   4112 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:32 PM

Pre=Order Mighty No. 9 get Vita/PS3 versions for free.

http://www.amazon.co...REUDTFQKKX3RCDW

#4064 jimmywolf   wolf CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:56 PM

thanks for posting that updated info, i always love the concept of the tits game but since we only have the one atm, i hardly followed it an wanted too wait till we got more before i really got into the lore.

Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#4065 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1567 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:09 PM

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is coming to PS Vita:

http://nichegamer.co...ing-to-ps-vita/

- Digital and Physical copies available

- Export Game Music to the Vita's Library

- PS4 Cross-Save Support

- Touchscreen Map Support

- PlayStation TV Support

DaveyDarko83.pngProjectDavey.png

#4066 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9841 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:24 PM

Im still paying 60 for a Vita version? :(

#4067 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39858 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:29 PM

Suddenly worth playing now that it's on Vita.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#4068 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1567 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

It says available to all $28+ tiers. Just select Vita in the post-KS survey.

#4069 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1567 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:43 PM

tobvelvet.png

This is an excellent lead female design... says this guy right here :). Also, voiced by Rina Sato!

#4070 ケネディ (KNDY)   Japan Import Gamer CAGiversary!   1032 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

ケネディ (KNDY)

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:52 PM

Pre=Order Mighty No. 9 get Vita/PS3 versions for free.

http://www.amazon.co...REUDTFQKKX3RCDW

Looks cool!!! I wonder if it's going to be uber-difficult.

kndynt2099.png

Feel Free to Add me:
USA: XB360/PSN/Wii U: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

JAPAN: PSN: j-entonline | 3DS CODE: 1049-1636-7908

#4071 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9841 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:03 PM

It says available to all $28+ tiers. Just select Vita in the post-KS survey.

I dont want a digital copy.

#4072 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1567 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:07 PM

Yeah that makes sense, my bad. I didn't think about that until after I posted it and was like maybe that's not the point. That does suck.

#4073 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1567 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die out now on PC:

http://www.destructo...pc-293448.phtml

Season 1 is $13.49 for the first week.

Edit: it was also out yesterday, I guess I missed that. XSEED kind of owned yesterday.

#4074 lakers714  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:07 PM

tobvelvet.png

This is an excellent lead female design... says this guy right here :). Also, voiced by Rina Sato!

It looks almost the same as the chick from Xilia 

r5gKEIn.gif

#4075 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1567 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:11 PM

It looks almost the same as the chick from Xilia 

Yeah but with dark hair and less clothing! Her name is Velvet and I think she's supposed to be a pirate. I'm not making this up. I don't know...

Edit: Upon further inspection the clothing distribution is actually pretty close, just dispersed differently. Maybe. That's debatable. But the dark hair, on the other hand, is not! Truly unique and one of a kind. Just like all women... and ALL Tales games :). j/k 

#4076 lakers714  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:21 PM

Yeah but with dark hair and less clothing! Her name is Velvet and I think she's supposed to be a pirate. I'm not making this up. I don't know...

Edit: Upon further inspection the clothing distribution is actually pretty close, just dispersed differently. Maybe. That's debatable. But the dark hair, on the other hand, is not! Truly unique and one of a kind. Just like all women... and ALL Tales games :). j/k 

I meant figure not colors lol 

r5gKEIn.gif

#4077 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1567 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:32 PM

I meant figure not colors lol 

I don't know I was just playing. haha, Seriously though, I really do like the design, but they do look the same. Pretty much. I'm just hoping the character is actually cool and not so stereotypical. Being that she's the main character that's probably asking too much, or maybe we'll only really know after beating it once. Rina Sato is not cheap I bet.

Edit: Ignore that last part abut Rina Sato, She voiced Presa in Xillia 1 & 2. Seriously, Bamco?!! It's the same series. Kind of. Also, no offense to Rina Sato, who is awesome.

#4078 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5150 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:40 PM

My Steins Gate Kongroo Edition for the Vita arrived today. It left the UK on the 1st, and arrived to me in Las Vegas today. That was damn fast, maybe my fastest non express international delivery ever.

Packaging was ass, as they used a preformed cardboard insert, where the game box and medallions box is supposed to sit in place. Of course there is only a small tab at the top and bottom of the game box area for this, so the game came loose in the box and was banging around. No damaged happened, but not due to anything they did, I just got lucky.

All these guys would have to do was put a little padding in the box, and this would have been fine, but of course all these companies are uber cheap when it comes to shipping. Oh well, no harm no foul I suppose, I wish I would have ordered a few extra, as now this is sold out, and should command a decent price in the secondary market due to no US version yet, and no other LE out in the wild.

EDIT: http://punkandlizard...review-ps-vita/

You don't see to many Vita games reviewed with "10", and this is more novel than games, so I may have to crack this open sooner, than later. Glad I grabbed it.

#4079 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:41 PM

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is coming to PS Vita:

http://nichegamer.co...ing-to-ps-vita/

- Digital and Physical copies available

- Export Game Music to the Vita's Library

- PS4 Cross-Save Support

- Touchscreen Map Support

- PlayStation TV Support

Is exporting game music a thing many vita games do? I don't recall seeing this feature before.

I would imagine the cost to produce a physical vita cart is at least comparable if not more to the cost of pressing a BD disc.

#4080 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2263 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:43 PM

To those of you that understand better than I do, is there any reason I should be backing Bloodstained instead of just waiting for it?

KS and I have gone our separate ways.