* * * * - 14 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread 2.0

#5011 Vigilante   Let the Battles Begin CAGiversary!   37308 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:12 PM

Just finished Dangonronpa and I don't know what to say about it lol 

I know what to say: Play Danganronpa 2. NOW.

#5012 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:12 PM

I know what to say: Play Danganronpa 2. NOW.

I know I need to get a cheap copy does the second one relate to the 1st one? The ending is killing me 

#5013 Vigilante   Let the Battles Begin CAGiversary!   37308 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:15 PM

I know I need to get a cheap copy does the second one relate to the 1st one? The ending is killing me 

In a word: Yes. In several words: You need to play it ASAP.

#5014 zulux21   It's all good. CAGiversary!   1561 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:39 PM

don't know when the prices will go live but the following games should be in a psn flash sale coming soong

Vita/PSP:
-Sword Art Online: Hallow Fragment
-Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP/Vita Transfer Tittle)
-Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 1
-Tales of Hearts R
-Mind Zero
-Monster Monpiece
-New Little Kings Story
-Soul Sacrifice
-Fate/Extra (PSP/Vita)
-Elmiuge Original - PSP/Vita (sorry if I mis-spelled this one :()

PS4:
-Omega Quintet

PS3:
-Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen
-Tales of Xillia 2
-Tales of Graces F
-Tales of Xillia\

there are more games to be included but those are the ones that fit in this thread :P

#5015 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2910 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:44 PM

I might have to get VC2 again so that I can play it on the Vita.

#5016 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8707 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:45 PM

If ToH R is cheap enough I might buy it. It's the only Tales game I need atm that has come out since ToV.

#5017 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1587 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:52 PM

there are more games to be included but those are the ones that fit in this thread :P

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, Bonk's Adventure, Dungeon Explorer,  and New Adventure Island would fit here also.

#5018 Azxs  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:01 PM

The bottom line is we're looking at a summer 2018 release for the FF7 remake at the very earliest.  Most likely it will be much later than that when compared to similar projects (FF13 also).  How sad is that?

It's worth noting that SE isn't developing it internally. 2017 will be the twentieth anniversary so I'd bet they're aiming for a worldwide release in Fall.

#5019 zulux21   It's all good. CAGiversary!   1561 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:20 PM

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, Bonk's Adventure, Dungeon Explorer,  and New Adventure Island would fit here also.

I forgot the D&D game was japanese made and the others didn't trigger anything for me :P

my bad, ill likely just link the whole playstation blog when it goes live if it hasn't been posted though.

edit: or some of them are just creeping live

Vita/PSP:
-Sword Art Online: Hallow Fragment - 14.00
-Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP/Vita Transfer Tittle) $5
-Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 1 - 6.00
-Tales of Hearts R - 14.00
-Mind Zero - 10.00
-Monster Monpiece - 4.00
-New Little Kings Story - 5.00
-Soul Sacrifice - 4.50
-Pocket RPG - 5.25
-Dungeon Hunter Alliance - 6.75
-Warriors of the Lost Empire (PSP) - 1.20
-Fate/Extra (PSP/Vita) $6.99

edit 2: cag thread to the sale

#5020 opportunity777   Disco Fever CAGiversary!   5240 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

opportunity777

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:24 PM

They have a white background with the smaller cover art in the middle and a yellow accent at the top.

Example: http://www.play-asia...-best/13/708ldb

Edit: If you mean the actual art on the game itself, then I don't know about all of them. The ones I own look the same as the regular ones, if not very similar. 

Yes, I was curious about the disc art itself. In the US, I know we "Greatest Hits" or some bullshit covering up the disc art, which I find very annoying to the aesthetic. I just wanted to know because some games seem very expensive for originals, but "The Best" versions are much cheaper. To switch that ugly ass box art, I would just get a "The Best" brand new switch out the cover with a used original.

#5021 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8707 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:29 PM

$14.00 for ToH R is not enough for me to bite. I would rather just go for a physical copy at that price.

Well once I have money.

#5022 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1928 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:41 PM

Thinkin' Mind Zero for $10. Any thoughts?

#5023 vashtheowner   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   539 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

vashtheowner

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:48 PM

Not sure if anybody that isn't importing this cares, but it looks like IA/VT colorful isn't going to be localized. I figured that was the case, but I was hoping that it would just in case dlc besides the pre-order bonus comes out.

http://www.siliconer...e-to-import-it/

#5024 Chalavet   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   99 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Chalavet

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:55 PM

Soul Sacrifice is a great game but the updated SS Delta had a sale a few months ago that was probably lie $7.  I was hoping for a physical release; but if you are on the fence, this is a great price if you didn't get it with PS Plus on one of the months it was one of the games.  Pretty great sale!

#5025 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11830 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:56 PM

Not sure if anybody that isn't importing this cares, but it looks like IA/VT colorful isn't going to be localized. I figured that was the case, but I was hoping that it would just in case dlc besides the pre-order bonus comes out.

Shame but completely understandable. Licensing the songs would be too much of a headache to deal with it, and especially for a character not a lot of people know about.

#5026 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1214 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:01 PM

Is it possible to share save files between digital / physical Neptunia Re;Birth 1 saves?

I have a LE for Re;Birth 1 and I've been afraid to open it. (It hasn't come around in my backlog yet, so I haven't bothered. Still working on Victory on PS3).

If Re;Birth 1 is so cheap during the flash sale I might consider buying it digital and just keeping my LE sealed. So difficult to open something selling for ~$500 when there's a cheap alternative.

I'm still (hopelessly) hoping IFI prints more so the price will crash and people that missed out can get one. :P That'd also solve this problem.

#5027 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11356 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:10 PM

Is it possible to share save files between digital / physical Neptunia Re;Birth 1 saves?

I have a LE for Re;Birth 1 and I've been afraid to open it. (It hasn't come around in my backlog yet, so I haven't bothered. Still working on Victory on PS3).

If Re;Birth 1 is so cheap during the flash sale I might consider buying it digital and just keeping my LE sealed. So difficult to open something selling for ~$500 when there's a cheap alternative.

I'm still (hopelessly) hoping IFI prints more so the price will crash and people that missed out can get one. :P That'd also solve this problem.

Lol I brought a cheap used copy of Rebirth 1 ages ago so I wouldnt have to open the LE. I still havent even opened all the subsequent LE's either.....I have a serious problem

#5028 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8617 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:23 PM

How are you guys still holding onto those Re;birth1 LEs?  Sell them for hundreds of dollars while you still can.  No, you won't need them for anything and you're never going to open them anyways so just do it. 

#5029 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11356 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:27 PM

How are you guys still holding onto those Re;birth1 LEs?  Sell them for hundreds of dollars while you still can.  No, you won't need them for anything and you're never going to open them anyways so just do it. 

Wouldnt even know where to do that, I have never sold anything online outside of directly to other forum users

#5030 C-Zero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:37 PM

Thinkin' Mind Zero for $10. Any thoughts?

Wait for the Steam version...

#5031 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2098 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:46 PM

looks like IA/VT won't be getting localized. I expected as much. Was going to import it anyway.

#5032 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1928 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:49 PM

Wait for the Steam version...

Oh right, it's getting a pc release ain't it. Good call. Could easily go down to $5 during a steam sale.

#5033 zulux21   It's all good. CAGiversary!   1561 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:53 PM

I don't get the "while you still can."

There isn't going to be any more produced, and it's not a random fad like beanie babies thus the odds of the market crashing on a low print item like that is next to 0. Odds are way better that the price will continue to go up as more and more copies are sold to homes that want to keep them reducing the supply even more.

#5034 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1214 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:39 PM

The idea is I wanted it and I got it for a price I was willing to pay (MSRP, luckily). So I should enjoy it. The high price is making it difficult, but being a collector I know if I HAD missed out on getting it I'd be looking at eBay wishing I had $500 I could just throw away on one and cursing their rarity. Given that I was lucky enough to not be in that situation, I SHOULD just enjoy my purchase like the inflated price thing never happened.

But my brain keeps poking me going "Hey, $500 vs $6-10. Big difference"

I wonder if someone that actually buys one for $500 has the same dilemma. "I spent a lot on this, so I should probably use it.. But man I spent a lot of money on this"

#5035 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8617 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:40 PM

I don't get the "while you still can."

There isn't going to be any more produced, and it's not a random fad like beanie babies thus the odds of the market crashing on a low print item like that is next to 0. Odds are way better that the price will continue to go up as more and more copies are sold to homes that want to keep them reducing the supply even more.

They were going for $370 the week after release and now it's $490 on Amazon.  The price has plateaued for months.  If you think the price is more likely to become higher, rather than come down, then you clearly don't follow aftermarket prices and trends on collectables.  You sell while something is hot, while crazy people still might care about spending money on it.  In two years no one is going to give a shit about spending $500 for some dumb bonuses versus a $20 cartridge or a $7 digital download. 

You're actually going to sit there with a straight face and say that $490 is a reasonable price for this CE? and that you think people will continue to pay more than that in the long haul? and it's a better decision to sit tight and hoard it for no reason rather than cash in big time?  haha no. There is no demand for this thing at $490 and that's why the price hasn't continued to go up. You'd have to list it at 5-10% less than $490 just to get someone to bite.  (See: 20th anniversary PS4s, rookie baseball cards, star wars collector toys, comic books, copies of suikoden 1-2, those 30years of 10k+ video games collections people have been unloading, etc for further evidence).  Something is only worth what some sucker is willing to pay for it.  The price on this thing has been outrageous since week1 and that's why it hasn't really gone up.  The best rare Sega Saturn or Neo Geo games don't even sell for that high.  This game is nothing but a statistical outlier that is fueled by hype.  and it's already available in multiple formats at a fraction of the price.

TL;DR:  sell the game.  don't be a hoarder.  hoarding is not profitable, nor does it bring happiness.  you're going to be filled with regret when that price comes crashing down.  and if that doesn't appeal to your sensibilities then sell the game simply so you can hoard another 5-8 LEs with that money.  you're never going to play that LE and that's $400 that you can have TODAY.

#5036 zulux21   It's all good. CAGiversary!   1561 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:45 PM

TL;DR:  sell the game.  don't be a hoarder.  hoarding is not profitable, nor does it bring happiness.  you're going to be filled with regret when that price comes crashing down.  and if that doesn't appeal to your sensibilities then sell the game simply so you can hoard another 5-8 LEs with that money.  you're never going to play that LE and that's $400 that you can have TODAY.

Personally I get more happiness knowing I have a $400 item that most other people don't have and can show off instead of $400 more in my bank account :P

$400 is worth $400, the look on a niche japanese gamer the first time they visit my place... priceless.

for the record I don't disagree with selling something when the item is hot if you are into selling stuff, but this LE is no longer in the hot hip range, merely just coveted which tends to stay at the same price or go up slightly over time. I mean the snes market is a good counter example to you as the majority of them keep going up in price. The only reason suikoden went down in price is because a new legal route to play them in digital versions came out (something neptunia already has and has already been $8 on steam)

also, I don't own this LE, I just own many others. Neptunia is just a series that I find tolerable.

#5037 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8617 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:47 PM

The idea is I wanted it and I got it for a price I was willing to pay (MSRP, luckily). So I should enjoy it. The high price is making it difficult, but being a collector I know if I HAD missed out on getting it I'd be looking at eBay wishing I had $500 I could just throw away on one and cursing their rarity. Given that I was lucky enough to not be in that situation, I SHOULD just enjoy my purchase like the inflated price thing never happened.

But my brain keeps poking me going "Hey, $500 vs $6-10. Big difference"

I wonder if someone that actually buys one for $500 has the same dilemma. "I spent a lot on this, so I should probably use it.. But man I spent a lot of money on this"

Have you opened it and played it?  The defense rests its case. 

(the reason you haven't opened it and played it is because you wanted it to accrue value in the first place.)

#5038 zulux21   It's all good. CAGiversary!   1561 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:50 PM

Have you opened it and played it?  The defense rests its case. 

(the reason you haven't opened it and played it is because you wanted it to accrue value in the first place.)

or because your backlog is so huge thanks to CAG that games sit and collect dust for years before you get to them >.>

#5039 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11830 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:03 PM

Dont tell me how to live my life.

Jk. I dont have the LE.

#5040 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8617 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:04 PM

Personally I get more happiness knowing I have a $400 item that most other people don't have and can show off instead of $400 more in my bank account :P

$400 is worth $400, the look on a niche japanese gamer the first time they visit my place... priceless.

Whatever makes you happy.   Sounds like you can afford it. 

I have to sell things here and there in order to continue collecting new stuff.  Every other page on here someone says they have to quit buying LEs because they can no longer afford it.  So I know I'm not alone.  Expensive hobbies require maintenance.  Like pruning your hedges or garden before it takes over the entire yard.