* * * * * 11 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread 2.0

#5131 kipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:27 PM

Atlus uploaded all their E3 booth videos where people had to dance for a P4DAN t-shirt. Some of them are hilarious.

Oh god! I'm somewhere in that long list of videos (twice) and I'm afraid to look.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5132 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   917 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:29 PM

So Amnesia: Memories is getting a Limited Edition. But it's still going to be Digital Only.

“Remnants of Love Keepsake Box Edition” ($39.99)

Amnesia Dreamy Summer Body Pillow Case
Amnesia Softcover Artbook
Amnesia Soundtrack CD
Collector’s Box
(Amnesia: Memories game code NOT INCLUDED.)
“Limited Edition” ($54.98)

Amnesia: Memories Steam Digital Code (Send via Email)
Amnesia Dreamy Summer Body Pillow Case
Amnesia Artbook
Amnesia Soundtrack CD
Collector’s Box

a limited edition with no game? that is strange...

#5133 blinknot4   IDGAFOS CAGiversary!   1797 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:46 PM

A new trailer for Lost Dimension - as well as some new info - is up on Game Informer's site. I need this game.
http://www.gameinfor...campaign=buffer

PSN / XBL / Wii U: Champloo4

471350.png

#5134 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   3342 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Payday 2: Crimewave Edition
PS4

Posted Yesterday, 10:20 PM

a limited edition with no game? that is strange...

Tomb Raider says hello.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#5135 Nothing371   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1033 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Pillars of Eternity
PC

Nothing371

Posted Yesterday, 11:11 PM

What is the point of them making another El Psy Kongroo edition US version?  How is it  any different besides trophies and ESRB rating in the corner of the box?

I suppose the publisher went ahead and created all the US copies of the special edition intended for US distribution and then for some reason decided to let Rice Digital in UK acquire the rights?

#5136 Asgardian   Crazy Ass Game Collector CAGiversary!   895 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:29 PM

Mercenaries Saga 2, $5 on eshop next week 

I dont have a 3ds (yet). Is there any way to buy it without a 3ds? just so I can be sure I'll have it when I do decide to buy a 3ds.

Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
weapon05.gif
Come checkout the DAISENRYAKU discussion thread.
Show your support to bring more of this awesome strategy title to North America!

#5137 PrinnyJ   Stay@HomeDad Gamer CAGiversary!   534 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago   Has been playing Hyrule Warriors
Wii U

Posted Yesterday, 11:48 PM

Tomb Raider says hello.

Don't forget the Wolfenstein New Order one, too.

f9509b11-21f8-4b63-811c-78542e58e3cf_zps

Latest reviews: Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (3DS)

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (PS Vita)

New!  "Game Rants" now available exclusively on the X-Pound Proboards: Is E3 Relevant?

Latest video: Onechanbara Z2 Chaos (PS4)   |   Check out the latest XGR podcast on Youtube!

#5138 Olengie   Yukari & Rise are Best Girls. CAGiversary!   4864 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:53 PM

What is the point of them making another El Psy Kongroo edition US version?  How is it  any different besides trophies and ESRB rating in the corner of the box?

I suppose the publisher went ahead and created all the US copies of the special edition intended for US distribution and then for some reason decided to let Rice Digital in UK acquire the rights?

Rice Digital is the publisher/rights holder for the PS3/Vita version of Steins;Gate. 

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5139 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   7515 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:13 AM

Rice Digital is the publisher/rights holder for the PS3/Vita version of Steins;Gate. 

You would think they would partner with a US retailer (like Amazon or Gamestop) to get it distributed in the market it is intended for.  Someone shouldn't have to import a US game - it is supposed to be for the US market and should be available here.

#5140 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4327 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

bojay1997

Posted Today, 12:18 AM

You would think they would partner with a US retailer (like Amazon or Gamestop) to get it distributed in the market it is intended for.  Someone shouldn't have to import a US game - it is supposed to be for the US market and should be available here.

Why would they?  It's a niche product and adding a retailer just takes away from their potential profit.  It is "available here" as they are offering free shipping and selling directly to US consumers with credit cards and Paypal. 

#5141 Olengie   Yukari & Rise are Best Girls. CAGiversary!   4864 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:23 AM

I reckon Rice Digital got some US Retailers to stock their games. They just haven't announced it yet. 

It's going to be like with some of the Games here. They get announced but the retailers stocking them haven't been confirmed or announced yet. 

If not, I'm fine with that. Gives them more profit so they could potentially bring more VNs to us. 

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5142 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1115 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:31 AM

Is PS4 Sao: RE Hollow fragments going to get a physical release in the uk or asia with English subs ? Or is it digital only across the board?

#5143 Nothing371   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1033 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Pillars of Eternity
PC

Nothing371

Posted Today, 12:33 AM

I reckon Rice Digital got some US Retailers to stock their games. They just haven't announced it yet. 

It's going to be like with some of the Games here. They get announced but the retailers stocking them haven't been confirmed or announced yet. 

If not, I'm fine with that. Gives them more profit so they could potentially bring more VNs to us. 

Ok but why make a US version?  What's the point in differentiating between the two?  (that was the intended spirit of my question.)