* * * * - 12 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread 2.0

#5281 Olengie   Yukari & Rise are Best Girls. CAGiversary!   4887 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:14 PM

Are the character designs in Cyber Sleuth and Devil Survivor 2 by the same artist? They look similar to me.

yes

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5282 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3839 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:32 PM

Jast USA Anime-Expo Announcements:

Flowers - Spring Arc by Innocent Grey

Sonicomi

Yay for a beautiful looking Yuri game and OK for a Sonico game....looks like pure fluff but for $20 or less i'll buy it.

In terms of release dates. Lightning Warrior Raidy 3 and Shiny Days are golden master and Raidy should be for July and Shiny Days for August. Sonicomi is set for Winter and Seinarukana set for September (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS). These are all PC releases.

Not bad, and I can't wait for Mangagamer announcements tomorrow. Been waiting for Seinarukana for a long while, and I hope they release Sumaga...maybe next year. That's about all I'm waiting for them for so far.

#5283 Azxs   Has been playing Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
3DS

Posted Yesterday, 07:59 PM

Link to aksys' livestream at AX, in case anyone needs it.

http://www.twitch.tv/aksys_nation

#5284 shadowysea07   Lookin for a cheap 3ds xl :) CAGiversary!   1675 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy VIII
PS1

shadowysea07

Posted Yesterday, 08:21 PM

Right, and if it's anything like Xillia 2 CE, the price will probably drop and you can get it for cheap later.

true that xillia 2 ce was 60$ new just in the last month or two ago.  If it had a nice statue I would of maybe considered it at 100 but 130 is way overpriced.  I really like that alicia statue.  Ironic they even made one considering she's a temp character.  

Currently on the look out for a decent priced .hack g.u. vol2 and vol3 and pokemon xd gale of darkness.  

#5285 Olengie   Yukari & Rise are Best Girls. CAGiversary!   4887 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:49 PM

It's here! ZE3 announced! 

North American video game distributor Aksys Games and creator Kōtarō Uchikoshi announced at their Anime Expo panel on Friday that it will release a third game in the Zero Escape game series. The game, tentatively titled Zero Escape 3, is slated for a summer 2016 release on Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita.

CJBIOrGUkAA2zdf.png

1392505160318.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5286 Kimpz   Misguided CAGiversary!   44 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:01 PM

Now we play the waiting game. :whee:

#5287 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   3909 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Freedom Wars
Vita

Posted Yesterday, 09:06 PM

I am unreasonably excited for that Digimon game. I was a huge fan of the original four series, and there have been some really cool Digimon games over the years. The DS RPGs were actually awesome. This should be great.

My YouTube Channel (Collection updates, games industry commentary, game analysis)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Blog (In-Depth Game/Anime Reviews)http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540

#5288 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   25948 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:32 PM

North American video game distributor Aksys Games and creator Kōtarō Uchikoshi announced at their Anime Expo panel on Friday that it will release a third game in the Zero Escape game series. The game, tentatively titled Zero Escape 3, is slated for a summer 2016 release on Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita.

CJBIOrGUkAA2zdf.png

1392505160318.jpg

It better get a physical release on Vita. :pray:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y; Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call :ps4: Batman: Arkham Knight; Shadow Warrior :vita: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition; Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps4: Valiant Hearts (4.25/5) :vita: Super Exploding Zoo (4.25/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#5289 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted Yesterday, 09:53 PM

What a great year this has been for announcements.

#5290 Soul-Shaker  

Soul-Shaker

Posted Yesterday, 10:46 PM

true that xillia 2 ce was 60$ new just in the last month or two ago.  If it had a nice statue I would of maybe considered it at 100 but 130 is way overpriced.  I really like that alicia statue.  Ironic they even made one considering she's a temp character.  

Can't remember who seller was but it didn't allow shipping or was insane shipping cost to me so sadly i didn't get it.  I did randomly just look at bandainamcostore to see if they still had in stock.  Looks like they started to clearance it yesterday for $49.95 online and it seems to be gone already.

#5291 Chalavet   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   94 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Chalavet

Posted Yesterday, 11:51 PM

Just a heads up for those on the fence for Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 for Vita which just came out digitally for Vita, there is a demo for it on PSN Japan.  It is very short, but it gets the point through well enough.  Like Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors, you pick your main character, but you work as a team with your other members are spread across your typical map.  However, remember when you would be kicking butt, but your allies would have their bottoms handed to them?  Well, you can just tap on your other party members to fight for the next objective instead of just having your individual character running from one end of the map to the other.  

A few other demos I tried out included that new Taiko Drum Machine game for the Vita.  It has two songs, one from Ridge Racer and another.  It was pretty straight forward with lots of colorful entertaining things going on while you try to keep to the rhythm like the Hatsune Miku game.  If you like one, you will probably like the other.  Kind of wish I would have picked up the PS2 game with the drum set.  Oh well...

The God Eater 2 (didn't try GE2 Burst) demo did a decent amount of hand holding to tell you where to go next.  I don't know a lick of reading Japanese, and it was pretty easy navigating.  If you played the US PSP game God Eater Burst, you will be very familiar with the controls.  I am really hoping that Bandai Namco gets their act right on this.  

I was on the fence on that NIS game htol#niq game when it said that you could not use directional buttons.  I just tried the demo off of PSN Japan, and I have to say it is pretty nifty using the front and rear touch screens.  I kind of wish I would have preordered the game, because now it is more than I am willing to spend.  However, I definitely have to say it has better appearance than say Dokoru which got a physical release in Japan by Game Arts and got a digital release here.  Dokoru is alright as I picked it up for like $3 on a sale.  

I still have not tried out PSO 2.  The game download is 3 gb, but then it wants an additional 3+ gb download.  Sadly, my extra 8gb card that I have for free PSN Japan games and demos will have to hold off on that.  

#5292 Rage Goblin   The Hardest of Core CAGiversary!   298 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Rage Goblin

Posted Today, 12:11 AM

A few other demos I tried out included that new Taiko Drum Machine game for the Vita.  It has two songs, one from Ridge Racer and another.  It was pretty straight forward with lots of colorful entertaining things going on while you try to keep to the rhythm like the Hatsune Miku game.  If you like one, you will probably like the other.  Kind of wish I would have picked up the PS2 game with the drum set.  Oh well...

Those PS2 games are SUPER fun.  How does the Vita version control?  In the PS2 games, I believe there are only two inputs - face of the drum and rim.

#5293 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1001 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted Today, 12:45 AM

CJBIOrGUkAA2zdf.png
1392505160318.jpg

So happy I can't wait for this!

76561198049491727.png

mulderyuffie.png

#5294 vashtheowner   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   526 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

vashtheowner

Posted Today, 12:56 AM

Theres two extra songs you can play in the rpg mode, which is pretty fun imo. 

Those PS2 games are SUPER fun.  How does the Vita version control?  In the PS2 games, I believe there are only two inputs - face of the drum and rim.

I think the vita version controls pretty well, theres 6 different configurations you can choose for the input, I personally like using the first more than the others.

Also, for anyone playing P4DAN, is there any solid info on how to unlock all night difficulty? I've tried looking it up and can't really find anything.

CrimsonStorm3.png

#5295 Olengie   Yukari & Rise are Best Girls. CAGiversary!   4887 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:29 AM

Also, for anyone playing P4DAN, is there any solid info on how to unlock all night difficulty? I've tried looking it up and can't really find anything.

Finish Story Mode. Also unlocks two songs and Margaret.

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5296 vashtheowner   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   526 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

vashtheowner

Posted Today, 02:12 AM

Finish Story Mode. Also unlocks two songs and Margaret.

Ok so I just unlocked it, I had already beaten story mode and the two songs. I didn't have two of the book items, and had to look up how to get them, once I bought them it unlocked.

CrimsonStorm3.png

#5297 tsoul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   290 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:20 AM

Just hope ZE3 will allow multiple saves on the 3DS. Or at least able to alternate between 2 saves

#5298 kipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:18 AM

I did a quick search of the topic and this didn't seem to have been posted

Indiegala has a (mostly) visual novel bundle up right now including Higurashi Ch.1 for $2.99. It also comes with

eden*

Go! Go! Nippon!

X-note

Blue Rose

Super Chain Crusher Horizon

The Clans

Project Root

Honestly it's worth it for Higurashi alone since it's $5.99

https://www.indiegala.com/monday

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5299 zulux21   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   875 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:16 AM

I did a quick search of the topic and this didn't seem to have been posted

I really should remember to post more of these lol (especially since indiegala does first day discounts on them)

anyways groupees is running a preorder for a girls bundle that should include the following games

sword of asumi

dreamscape

both are normally $10 and the bundle is $1 to preorder.

there will be 4 games and 2 music things in the bundle for sure, if you wait I think it will go up to $2 for the bundle so nothing horrible.

#5300 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Monster Monpiece
Vita

Dead_Batteries

Posted Today, 08:07 AM

I really should remember to post more of these lol (especially since indiegala does first day discounts on them)

anyways groupees is running a preorder for a girls bundle that should include the following games

sword of asumi

dreamscape

both are normally $10 and the bundle is $1 to preorder.

there will be 4 games and 2 music things in the bundle for sure, if you wait I think it will go up to $2 for the bundle so nothing horrible.

I don't buy groupees stuff that often, but does preordering have any significance? 

#5301 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3839 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:14 AM

I don't buy groupees stuff that often, but does preordering have any significance? 

It just costs cheaper and sometimes stuff in the bundle isn't fully known yet so it's a gamble. I usually don't choose to pre-order unless lots of games are already confirmed for the bundle. This one has at least 2 revealed so far.