* * * * - 12 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread 2.0

#5461 devilmaycry218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

devilmaycry218

Posted Today, 07:32 AM

I don't know if this has already been posted but zero escape 3 has been listed on amazon with a watch bonus LE to preorder. the watch is a preorder bonus and if it goes anything like the first two games in the series will be worth more than the game. So if you want one you will want to preoreder even if you don't currently own one of the systems. (they will likely sell out before launch)

Already unavailable with the watch? Could they have sold out that quickly?

#5462 sovereignNX-73811   The OFFICIAL CAG Deviant CAG Veteran   3435 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim
PC

sovereignNX-73811

Posted Today, 07:40 AM

legendia had a ce? wow.  never knew that.  Found a pic on google and I must say it looked nice.  Is the dvd a sound track or is it a making of or something?  as for hearts I'm guessing you mean the jpn or eu ce's?

the na steel book is different. it looks like the eu ce's outer box. eu ce is a normin case. http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/ has pics for those still questioning things.  I'm kinda annoyed here as I would rather have the eu outer box and the ne steel case.

They'll never make the stuff the same internationally it seems.

I think the Legendia DVD was a making of? I wish I could read Korean...there's almost NO data on the interwebs on what the CE actually had. 

https://shichika.wor...ss.com/tag/ps2/

Yeah...I'm probably never getting the complete Tales collection...Although I wonder if I could hunt down the Twin Brave CE, and I thought it was cool just having the game imported (thanks Amazon fulfillment).

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#5463 shadowysea07   Lookin for a cheap 3ds xl :) CAGiversary!   1692 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy VIII
PS1

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 07:46 AM

I will always buy and play Tales games, but they need to rebuild that series from the ground up. It's regressed majorly, and has gotten very stale IMO. From everything I've seen of Zestiria, they tried to jump into the open world fray, but it looks like they just took the bland fields of the Xillia games and just expanded the boundaries ten fold, making it seem "open world" but not really a lively open world like The Elder Scrolls, The Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, etc. Hell, not even like Amalur or Dragon's Dogma.

They need to find an identity. I thought Vesperia was perfect. Every change they've made since has made the series worse IMO, except Grace's battle system. That was great. Get back to a classic world map, creative dungeons with puzzle solving, and not designed to look like it took 10 minutes, tons of sidequests and extra content, etc.

Their protags have really gotten worse lately too IMO. Even their designs. Yuri was freaking awesome, even going back to previous Tales games before that, characters like Kratos. The new lead in Berseria looks almost exactly like Jude/Milla with a different coat of paint.

I love Tales... in my top 3 RPG series ever, but I just feel like they've gotten very lazy with their games and it has become more routine than the passion of making a top notch quality RPG. Based on the stuff from Japan about Zestiria, it seems to continue. Hope they can turn it around. Either get back to the winning Vesperia formula, or redesign the series from the ground up. Toss the plans in the trash and start anew.

Alot of it is that they dissolved the tales studio and absorbed what was left back into bamco so most of the staff is gone and the budgets are seemingly smaller.  But yeah between taking out alot of stuff and doing dlc more now, rushing the games to meet anniversary dates that are unrealistic, and the much worse vanilla than port cycle the majority of rpgs are doing these days is keeping me buying the games when they hit 20 as well minus tohr.  tohr was good though and I preordered that the day they opened.  7th chord did a great job capturing the vesperia feel despite their very very limited budget.  If you haven't played it yet give it a go.  It felt like a nice jump up from vesperia minus all the good artes and spells and op overlimit.  I miss blahblahblah tidal wave, tempest and holy rain spam.  :cry:

Currently on the look out for a decent priced .hack g.u. vol2 and vol3 and pokemon xd gale of darkness.  

#5464 shadowysea07   Lookin for a cheap 3ds xl :) CAGiversary!   1692 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy VIII
PS1

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 07:49 AM

They'll never make the stuff the same internationally it seems.

I think the Legendia DVD was a making of? I wish I could read Korean...there's almost NO data on the interwebs on what the CE actually had. 

https://shichika.wor...ss.com/tag/ps2/

Yeah...I'm probably never getting the complete Tales collection...Although I wonder if I could hunt down the Twin Brave CE, and I thought it was cool just having the game imported (thanks Amazon fulfillment).

twin brave ce did look nice but I can't imagine it will be easy to find considering it was a late gen psp release I believe.  But yeah legendia ce was completely under the radar as I never even heard of it before.

Currently on the look out for a decent priced .hack g.u. vol2 and vol3 and pokemon xd gale of darkness.  

#5465 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   12949 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:56 AM

Looks like Steins Gate will be an Amazon exclusive in the US. I'm still on the fence about it.

http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1076765

damn, going to have deal with the devil amazon, with their awful packaging delivery service

i guess will go with the ps3 superior version

#5466 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   539 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted Today, 08:35 AM

God dangit; I got GCU last month specifically because of the upcoming games I wanted. Now it looks like I have to get Steins Gate, Zero Escape, AND Senran Kagura 2 at different stores.

Money well spent.