* * * * - 14 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread 2.0

#8041 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:12 PM

I'm a bit on the other side of this. I don't usually like first person dungeon crawlers all that much, but the fanservice scenes are really motivating me through it.

Ironically I don't really care for Moero Chronicles though. I like the images, but I hate having to play that minigame so many times. It's not that I'm uncomfortable with the minigame, but just that I find it really annoying and not fun to do multiple times. It was okay in Monster Monpiece when it was just used for upgrades every now and then.

Hopefully Moero Crystal fixes this with the new rubbing system, and getting to do two girls at once. Lol. I love Moe Chronicle, it's funny and just really silly, which I find extremely refreshing in a game nowadays. Plus it's a pretty good dungeon crawler. I mean I really just recently, like this past year or so, got into the genre, but I've enjoyed most of the Vita ones and the Etrian series, I'm sure there's a lot of really good ones I haven't played, don't remember or didn't know what to call them at the time. Anyways, yeah the trend of being ecchi and ridiculous is enjoyable and funny to me, at least it's cool to see more hardcore-type games have a good or strange sense of humor, otherwise they'd probably be kind of boring or not get any attention in the first place. They've quickly become one of my favorite types of genres (or are they a sub-genre of jrpg?). at least on handhelds. I wouldn't mind a really good "serious" one either, though. As long as it's fun, I don't really care or give a shit about what most people think about these kinds of things. It's just a fantasy game, no different really than any other game, to be honest. Yeah, I kind of just started rambling at the end there so... but yeah I'd like it if they sped up or varied the mini-game as well, it does become almost a chore, but still leave it in there, obviously. I also really like Dungeon Travelers 2 so far, I've gotten distracted by other games though, and will probably start over because I got off on the wrong foot anyways, I think. I'm so easily distracted, it's really kind of sad and pathetic. Lol, oh well.

#8042 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:46 PM

Oh, probably. It goes both ways. Failures aren't worth the effort to issue and promote a price drop.

Stuff does need to be cleared out, though, especially if it's not selling well. I remember that Killer Is Dead, which was a huge disappointment sales-wise for XSeed, hit the $9.99 clearance price point pretty quickly.

#8043 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:58 AM

Dekavita 7, a Contraption Transforming the PS VIta TV Into a “Giant” Portable, Sells Out in Japan, Video:

#8044 elessar123  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:06 AM

^ Is it targeted at women who want a bigger unit?

#8045 NeoMonk  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:07 AM

Spoiler

Gonna have to hit the Gym to be able to lift dat thing!

tumblr_mwpotprvIW1rjenv2o1_500.gif

#8046 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:36 AM

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Lionheart Edition is now available for pre-order from VGP:

https://www.videogam...45_748_825.html

Summon Night 5 Physical Limited Edition PSP with no DLC code included:

https://www.videogam...sp-p-23572.html

IA/VT Colorful (Japanese Import):

https://www.videogam...ta-p-23481.html

If you're wondering, they do have a facility in New York and I've bought 3 games from them so far and they were all delivered very fast, for what it's worth. I have never pre-ordered a game from them though, and don't know their cancellation policy. Also, you might have to change the CDN dollars to US on the website as default just to make it easier, it's showing US $ for me right now, but I had to switch it at first. Shipping is around $5 or so usually, depending on the order. but The Legend of Heroes LE is around $7 shipping. I don't know why I'm explaining this or whatever, I'm sure you guys have had more experience with them than me, but somebody had asked me about it before so there's that.

#8047 mxpowar   Menace II Sobriety CAGiversary!   1360 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:09 AM

Dekavita 7, a Contraption Transforming the PS VIta TV Into a “Giant” Portable, Sells Out in Japan, Video:

So would this thing make a PS Vita TV compatible with all the games it wasn't compatible with before? 

#8048 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:18 AM

So would this thing make a PS Vita TV compatible with all the games it wasn't compatible with before? 

No. It's pretty much useless. Lol. Well as far as I can tell, I'm sure there's a market for those 2 extra inches in the palm of your hand out there. :) Seriously, just buy the actual PS Vita if at all possible.

#8049 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5316 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:30 AM

That portable screen/controller hybrid for the PSTV looks interesting.  I'd rather have it without the controller built-in to lower cost. 

#8050 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11213 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:38 AM

So....they turned the Vita into a Home Console with limited capabilities, but someone complained it wasnt portable enough so they turned it into a giant Vita with limited capabilities?

I swear people are finding solutions to problems that never existed to begin with

#8051 ケネディ (KNDY)   Japan Import Gamer CAGiversary!   1052 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

ケネディ (KNDY)

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:21 AM

I coincidentally just resumed my IA/VT playthrough as I have been caught up in Mario and Luigi Dream Team and Danganronpa AE (finished the latter yesterday), and wow there's so many songs I just noticed

I also have to get back on IA/VT...slight divergence playing "Tales of Innocence R" and "Super Heroine Chronicle".

#8052 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8675 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:38 AM

I've really enjoyed the writing in Dungeon Travelers 2. Maid sensei and that bear & penguin are pretty funny.

Oh those guys are great and I like the story actually even with a million cliches. I actually am excited to defeat the bosses to get the silly ecchi scenes. They feel like a great bonus to keep me going along.

I don't care for the costume outfits easily except for some cute ones that cover up a lot. I remember seeing a dancer one and just seeing some tiny cloth covering up the boobs. The Assassin underboob one looks stupid as well. I'm very desensitized to these things, playing many visual novels and such, but even then they distract me. I am glad it has a story though cause honestly the dungeon crawling part has me bored to tears sometimes. These enemies are extremely bland, though I love the challenge.

The challenge keeps me going and hoping there is some "ending" even if it's just a we saved the day ah this main girl loves me....I'm so happy ending. The mass number of skills and customization is also very good. I always feel I maybe leveled wrong, but I know their is level resets after certain points, so i'm good. It's a great game to learn with and to learn what works. Every now and then you get a very RNG fight that may not go in your favor, but that's why it warns you every time there is a boss...save before!

Good stuff though. Enjoying it more than I thought I would.

#8053 elessar123  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:58 AM

Sigh, you guys are making me wish I started Dungeon Travelers 2 instead of Untold 2. I'm on floor 23 of Untold 2 and burned out on it. The story sucks, and the story characters suck for synergy. I enjoyed the demo, but I really wish I didn't support EOU2. Especially since I missed two weeks of DLC cause I simply forgot.

Meanwhile, Dungeon Travelers 2 has my waifu Maryan.

#8054 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:02 AM

http://gematsu.com/2...s-debut-trailer

Final Fantasy Grandmasters debut trailer
First look at the upcoming online RPG for iOS and Android.

The Pan European Game Information Board has rated Ape Escape 2, Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle), and Twisted Metal: Black for PlayStation 4.

Twisted Metal: Black is already available as a PS2 Classic for PlayStation 3 in Europe. It was released in September 2012.

http://gematsu.com/2...subtitle-europe

Bandai Namco trademarks Summon Night 6 subtitle in Europe

http://gematsu.com/2...stream-schedule

Tokyo Game Show 2015 live stream schedule

Bandai Namco has released a new trailer for JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven comparing the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game.

#8055 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2933 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:04 AM

Hey guys, I searched all over but I didn't find anything mentioning it yet. The gamestop version of Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax has a special soundtrack CD as a preorder bonus, and it's for PS3 and Vita. The site even lists the tracks on the CD, so check it out if you're interested.

http://www.gamestop....ing climax,134f

But the real reason I mentioned this was because of the weekly ad, take a look at the fourth page under Fighting Climax:

http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

It says "Also on PS4"... Nope, pretty sure they mean Vita... just pointing it out... for no apparent reason...

EDIT: Okay, I don't know what's going on, why I am seeing these things, but they left out a colon for "Metal Gear Rising: Revengence" and it's only on the 360 and PS3 used versions... the collectors and PC still has it...

http://www.gamestop....ar rising,28zu0

#8056 Fatal Futanari   What cha got there Senpai? CAGiversary!   7647 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Fatal Futanari

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:18 AM

Hey guys, I searched all over but I didn't find anything mentioning it yet. The gamestop version of Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax has a special soundtrack CD as a preorder bonus, and it's for PS3 and Vita. The site even lists the tracks on the CD, so check it out if you're interested.

http://www.gamestop....ing climax,134f

But the real reason I mentioned this was because of the weekly ad, take a look at the fourth page under Fighting Climax:

http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

It says "Also on PS4"... Nope, pretty sure they mean Vita... just pointing it out... for no apparent reason...

All launch copies have the soundtrack. Its even on Best Buy's preorder page

#8057 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   1006 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:36 AM

The Pan European Game Information Board has rated Ape Escape 2, Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle), and Twisted Metal: Black for PlayStation 4.

I would have liked a Vita version so I can fish and golf in bed, but holy crap, I'll take a PS4 version of Dark Cloud 2.

#8058 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:15 AM

Tatsumi Kimishima announced as Nintendo’s new president:

City Shrouded in Shadow Granzella countdown website update: three days, no-signal screen replaces sword, horse, and castle:

Eight minutes of Tokyo Xanadu combat gameplay footage:

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round video shows off its Falcom collaboration costumes:

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir gets new screenshots and artwork showing characters and more:

Dark Souls III will use YEBIS 2 by Silicon Studio to “greatly improve” post effects:

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 makes you work to unlock Shanks:

Danganronpa: Unlimited Battle to end service in November, smartphone action game shut down after less than a year:

Final Fantasy VII G-Bike to end service in December, motorcycle mini-game smartphone remake lasts just over a year:

Dragon Quest VII for smartphones launches September 17 in Japan, watch the debut trailer:

Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator coming to PS4 and PS3, console versions due out in Japan spring 2016:

Pirate Daughter Misty joins Blade Arcus from Shining EX, gameplay video:

XSEED Games SENRAN KAGURA 2 Deep Crimson - Localization Blog #2:

Lots of new screenshots for PS Vita music/rhythm game, Superbeat: Xonic:

Indie action side-scroller Earth Wars launches September 18 in Japan:

Game-breaking Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain bug has been patched on PC and PS4:

Experience Inc. preparing two Xbox One exclusive JRPGs for launch:

#8059 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:43 AM

I'm playing Dungeon Travelers 2 myself. This game can be tough as nails. I had a boss who I finally got through after dying likely about 15 times. It's a very decent dungeon crawling game though the fan service is a bit high sometimes. Some of the job costumes look ridiculous like an assassin who is always showing underboob and a beserker with just a bra and panties with some arm and leg armor. The overall gameplay is challenging but fun. I can't wait to finish and hopefully go into the final post game stuff, which I've heard is the meat of the game.

I love how every time you defeat a big boss you bind them up and they look all embarrassed and such. Good game but the fan service is a bit much and comes off as ridiculous most of the time. It does have a simple story, and I can already see most of the cliches coming a million miles away. It is fun though, and I would say wait for a sale unless you want a decently hardcore dungeon crawler. There is parts of the game where you can and will lose till you can get all the RNG going perfectly for you.

Ok good to know im not the only one that feels yucky with the absurd ecchi in that game. I only played the demo but it still kinda creeped me out. I just facepalmed at the first time you meet your two female companions and you get the super overused prat fall that somehow totally exposes panties thing

#8060 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1038 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:18 PM

Sigh, you guys are making me wish I started Dungeon Travelers 2 instead of Untold 2. I'm on floor 23 of Untold 2 and burned out on it. The story sucks, and the story characters suck for synergy. I enjoyed the demo, but I really wish I didn't support EOU2. Especially since I missed two weeks of DLC cause I simply forgot.

Meanwhile, Dungeon Travelers 2 has my waifu Maryan.

You and I, both. I played the demo a few weeks before it came out, but didn't put a lot of time into it since I was still playing Moe Chronicle and really enjoying it. Right now I'm about 20 or so hours into Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy and it's a little "meh." I've been told that the second semester of the game picks up, but it's been draggy thus far.

Oh those guys are great and I like the story actually even with a million cliches. I actually am excited to defeat the bosses to get the silly ecchi scenes. They feel like a great bonus to keep me going along.

I don't care for the costume outfits easily except for some cute ones that cover up a lot. I remember seeing a dancer one and just seeing some tiny cloth covering up the boobs. The Assassin underboob one looks stupid as well. I'm very desensitized to these things, playing many visual novels and such, but even then they distract me. I am glad it has a story though cause honestly the dungeon crawling part has me bored to tears sometimes. These enemies are extremely bland, though I love the challenge.

The challenge keeps me going and hoping there is some "ending" even if it's just a we saved the day ah this main girl loves me....I'm so happy ending. The mass number of skills and customization is also very good. I always feel I maybe leveled wrong, but I know their is level resets after certain points, so i'm good. It's a great game to learn with and to learn what works. Every now and then you get a very RNG fight that may not go in your favor, but that's why it warns you every time there is a boss...save before!

I understand what you mean about being desensitized with that stuff. After playing Moe Chronicle for about 50-60 hours, I don't think there's much that'll bother me at this point. I just view it as a mechanic of the game and its something I have to do to get through it. Plus, my wife is a huge anime fan so I see a ton of that crap walking through the living room.

#8061 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1199 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:22 PM

Those CG scenes when you defeat bosses are the great motivation for me, as well. That and whenever I encounter a new monster girl enemy to fight I'm also reminded how much I'm enjoying this game.

I haven't gotten the costumes yet, but from your description it sounds like I need to hurry up and do so.

#8062 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

Ok good to know im not the only one that feels yucky with the absurd ecchi in that game. I only played the demo but it still kinda creeped me out. I just facepalmed at the first time you meet your two female companions and you get the super overused prat fall that somehow totally exposes panties thing

Kinda happened with me in SAO Hollow Fragment - Kirito can only fall on various girls's breasts a couple times before I want him to Fuck off

#8063 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1038 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:39 PM

Kinda happened with me in SAO Hollow Fragment - Kirito can only fall on various girls's breasts a couple times before I want him to Fuck off

So, the bedroom scenes were a "no" for you? I honestly found them out of place, especially the one with your sister. I did find this was hilarious.

3303e8d737f82c87f0658a9ce3a7efad13963528

#8064 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:45 PM

So, the bedroom scenes were a "no" for you? I honestly found them out of place, especially the one with your sister. I did find this was hilarious.

3303e8d737f82c87f0658a9ce3a7efad13963528

Lol, oh Klein, in general he too is so out of place hahaha

I haven't made it very far in the game yet, only a few floors

#8065 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:24 PM

Danganronpa Twitter says you won’t want to miss SCEJA Press Conference 2015:

#8066 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36527 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:27 PM

Danganronpa Twitter says you won’t want to miss SCEJA Press Conference 2015:

jcGR7Bx.gif

#8067 elessar123  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:30 PM

It's probably just going to be Danganronpa: Yet Another Episode.

Edit: Yes, I'm a little jaded.

#8068 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36527 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:31 PM

Way to get into the despairing mood ahead of time.

#8069 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:32 PM

Oh yeah before I forget, Danganronpa 3 is likely being announced tonight during the Sony TGS Conference (3 AM EST tonight)

Truth Bullets:

• The Dangaronpa twitter tweeted about the conference and that we should watch it - https://twitter.com/sp_kiboukoubai
  • Kodaka (series creator) kinda confirmed it during Kinda Funny Games interview -  from 36:40 to the end of the video

Edit: Beaten by quite a bit - I started this post an hour ago and ended up watching the entire interview before finishing the post lol

#8070 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:58 PM

Servant makes it all worth it.

Spoiler