Mario Party 10 bundle price hike, check your Amazon order

sikboy1029

CAGiversary!
If you pre-ordered the bundle for $50 through Amazon go check your order, somehow mine was raised to $60 and I had to have support fix it

Not sure this is a deal. Really feels more like news of sorts. Isn't $59.99 the MSRP on this? And if they are raising it isn't that the opposite of a deal?

Incidentally my order also had a price hike. Shocked as I've never seen Amazon not honor a lower price before. Already have one ordered at Best Buy anyway so I'll probably just cancel this one since GCU beat their original price by a couple bucks anyway.

huh has amazon ever raised the price on a preorder before?  Isn't that like against some rules somewhere

never ordered it since i don't give a shit about amiibo's or MP but I preorder a few things from amazon and didn't know they could do that.  Best Buy always honors their price mistakes.

huh has amazon ever raised the price on a preorder before? Isn't that like against some rules somewhere

never ordered it since i don't give a shit about amiibo's or MP but I preorder a few things from amazon and didn't know they could do that. Best Buy always honors their price mistakes.
This is the first time I have ever seen Amazon do this. Pretty sleazy if you ask me as many people probably won't even notice until after it ships.

I placed my order on January 23rd. What price should it have been?
I preordered mine on January 27th. A few days after the order dropped down to $49.96 when it was OOS, which isn't MSRP. It's now back up to the correct price of $59.96. But amazon should still honor it, since it's their mistake (and the preorder price guarantee).

Not sure why people are cancelling when it's too easy to get the price adjusted by support.

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered mine on January 27th. A few days after the order dropped down to $49.96, which isn't MSRP. It's now back up to the correct price of $59.96. But amazon should still honor it, since it's their mistake (and the preorder price guarantee).

Not sure why people are cancelling when it's too easy to get the price adjusted by support.
cheaper with GCU/people finally realize amiibos are gay/game looks like ass

Thought Amazon honors the lowest price, even if the price is changed or raised at a future date. I may just cancel prime now because of it.

huh has amazon ever raised the price on a preorder before? Isn't that like against some rules somewhere

never ordered it since i don't give a shit about amiibo's or MP but I preorder a few things from amazon and didn't know they could do that. Best Buy always honors their price mistakes.
Like that cheap pc?

1. It's 2 dollars cheaper with GCU, but people like me have amazon credit. It's a lot better than using real money, on top of being boned by BB's pre-authorization on credit cards. I have GCU too, but this is better.

2. hmm I wonder why you're posting in the amiibo thread so much?

3. Completely subjective. Mario Party games haven't been all good but if you have friends it makes it better. I'm not sure how many friends you have to play Mario Party 10 with though, it's definitely ass with only one person.

I tried to buy it with GCU a week ago, and it was only 2 dollars less than what amazon was selling it. Best buy smartened up and was selling the Mario Party Amiibo bundle for 59.99 MSRP. I just stuck with amazon for this.

Edit: Talked to Amazon CS via chat and they told me they'll honour the 49.99 price. It was a mistake on there part. Me think that from now on, GCU is the way to go for Cheap CE's now.

The only other time I can remember of Amazon increasing a preorder price was I believe when Tactics Ogre was coming out on PSP.

Uhm, the price was always $60. I guess Camelcamelcamel never caught it?
no mine been $50 every since at least February 1st but now $60 so yea they raised it

YrkVkJw.png

Wat. Amazon is using some fucky logic on me.

"I have checked the order and see that you are right but as I have checked the website the item price is 59.96. But as I have checked the price history it shows the $49.99."

But it sounds like she doesnt want to adjust it...so what the hell is the price guarantee for then?

Thanks for the heads up. It was $49.99 when I ordered and I have a reminder scheduled on my phone for a few days before release so I remember how much I am going to be charged.

Bryan's customer service skills seem fine to me. He went above and beyond by directing you to the help pages, which he didn't have to do during site closing time.

bread's done
Back