* * * * * 3 votes

Super Smash Bros 3DS and Pokemon ORAS each $19.99 at Fred Meyer 3/1-3/7

#61 CosmosTheMouse   The Ace Of Spades CAGiversary!   877 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

CosmosTheMouse

Posted Yesterday, 11:20 PM

attachicon.gifbb.pngYou guys are awesome. PMd at Best Buy no problem in IL, picked up both and a 3DS case for $5, awesome deal. If anyone wants to play, add me (#1951-0727-1387).

Whereabouts in IL.

From what I know BB stores would only PM with retail stores that are within a 25 mile radius or something.

I might have to try this out tomorrow. If not, there's still Walmart & Toys R Us here.

#62 slowdive21   CAG/Hoarder CAGiversary!   9271 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:23 PM

attachicon.gifbb.pngYou guys are awesome. PMd at Best Buy no problem in IL, picked up both and a 3DS case for $5, awesome deal. If anyone wants to play, add me (#1951-0727-1387).

Whereabouts in IL.

From what I know BB stores would only PM with retail stores that are within a 25 mile radius or something.

I might have to try this out tomorrow. If not, there's still Walmart & Toys R Us here.

Yes where? lol

More Illinois cags. If you guys ever want to come to a meet up, we usually have them in Chicago. Here is the thread where we try to network: https://www.cheapass...y-city/page-108

#63 The Furry Panda   Bravest Warrior CAGiversary!   1803 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

The Furry Panda

Posted Yesterday, 11:35 PM

Tomorrow is the last day to redem the eon ticket as well. So make sure to do that tonight or tomorrow if youre picking up pokemon.

TheFurryPanda.png

#64 the_punisher   Dare enter the metro. CAGiversary!   3369 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:45 PM

I am in Chicago, went to the South Loop store. But the manager said Fred Meyer was on the PM list, so I'm assuming it'd work anywhere

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#65 Darthlain18   Zeldaholic CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Darthlain18

Posted Today, 12:01 AM

Might try going back tomorrow and get a couple to trade in. Start my Christmas fund a little earlier this year.

#66 lolwut?   Thank you BasedGod CAGiversary!   4287 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:38 AM

Was able to PM Smash and Omega Ruby at Best Buy despite being in New England. Thanks OP!

#67 Geeiishbored   Fellow CAG-er! CAGiversary!   149 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Geeiishbored

Posted Today, 12:38 AM

Just an update!

Went to my bestbuy here in Gurnee, il. 

Was able to price match no problems! They have the Fred Meyers in the list of stores they price match. 

Goodluck!

Thanks Cag! 

#68 RienBoyle72   Gamer on a budget CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

RienBoyle72

Posted Today, 12:58 AM

Thanks op. I was able to grab a Pokemon Sapphire and Sleeping Dogs xbone for $13.99 each after $15 reward certificate, pm to Fred Meyer, and gcu. Good deal!

#69 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3338 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:10 AM

Tomorrow is the last day to redem the eon ticket as well. So make sure to do that tonight or tomorrow if youre picking up pokemon.

Thanks for the heads up on that.  I'll try to get the price match tomorrow so I can get that in both of them.  

#70 Catamaran   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Catamaran

Posted Today, 01:18 AM

Anyone is So-cal have luck price matching at TRU or anywhere else?

#71 airblade   MexiCAG CAGiversary!   629 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:44 AM

Bah, no luck at my nearest BB or Toys R US. If anyone can snag an extra copy of each of the Pokemon games, i'll pay for all the expenses.

Thanks

#72 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1409 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:52 AM

Price-matched BB here in Seattle with no trouble. :)

www.bighugenerd.com

#73 freshgamer  

freshgamer

Posted Today, 02:13 AM

I am in Chicago, went to the South Loop store. But the manager said Fred Meyer was on the PM list, so I'm assuming it'd work anywhere

bestbuy?

#74 freshgamer  

freshgamer

Posted Today, 02:14 AM

Just an update!

Went to my bestbuy here in Gurnee, il. 

Was able to price match no problems! They have the Fred Meyers in the list of stores they price match. 

Goodluck!

Thanks Cag! 

nice, glad I didn't pay full price for smash. I'll pick a copy up tmr.

#75 NESplayersince1985  

NESplayersince1985

Posted Today, 02:37 AM

I just played I will add you. It was lagging Online.

#76 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   5014 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:12 AM

Just to give everyone a bit of info, if you get it PMd at Best Buy that's awesome, but it is not something they should be doing. I am not saying this to be a downer or anything, but to give people more understanding so IF it does not work they don't get pissed at Best Buy.

Even though it is on the list of stores they price match, the store still must be within 25 miles of the Best Buy you are currently at. If there is not a Fred Myers nearby, even though it is on the list, they do not need to price match it.

If they do that's awesome and a definite win, but if they don't then you shouldn't get pissed at them for following procedure properly. I have not noticed anyone getting ticked at being denied, but just wanted to give a heads up.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#77 MewlingQuim   Professional Amiibo Hunter CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Wii U

MewlingQuim

Posted Today, 03:15 AM

Just to give everyone a bit of info, if you get it PMd at Best Buy that's awesome, but it is not something they should be doing. I am not saying this to be a downer or anything, but to give people more understanding so IF it does not work they don't get pissed at Best Buy.

Even though it is on the list of stores they price match, the store still must be within 25 miles of the Best Buy you are currently at. If there is not a Fred Myers nearby, even though it is on the list, they do not need to price match it.

If they do that's awesome and a definite win, but if they don't then you shouldn't get pissed at them for following procedure properly. I have not noticed anyone getting ticked at being denied, but just wanted to give a heads up.

I'd be ticked. If someone who lives in the UK, or that guy who's closest store is 500mi away can get it, why can't I? I'm gonna try tomorrow.

#78 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   5014 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:16 AM

I'd be ticked. If someone who lives in the UK, or that guy who's closest store is 500mi away can get it, why can't I? I'm gonna try tomorrow.

Just because someone drives 100 miles an hour on the road and does not get a ticket DOES NOT mean you can do the same and be pissed if you get a ticket for speeding. Your logic makes no sense. Just because one store did not follow policy does not mean it is OK to get pissed at another store who does.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#79 MewlingQuim   Professional Amiibo Hunter CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Wii U

MewlingQuim

Posted Today, 03:46 AM

Just because someone drives 100 miles an hour on the road and does not get a ticket DOES NOT mean you can do the same and be pissed if you get a ticket for speeding. Your logic makes no sense. Just because one store did not follow policy does not mean it is OK to get pissed at another store who does.

It's the same store, though. It is in their computer. Therefore, it should be COMPANY policy that they do the deal. Not dependent on if the manager is in a good mood that day.

#80 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   5014 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:50 AM

It's the same store, though. It is in their computer. Therefore, it should be COMPANY policy that they do the deal. Not dependent on if the manager is in a good mood that day.

The policy states if the store is not within 25 miles they are not to price match. If some store does this...that is not an excuse to force other stores to do it. You are trying to make an EXCEPTION the rule. The store that did this BROKE policy, to get pissed at another store for following policy is idiotic.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#81 Hoping   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:00 AM

pmed two ssmb and one of each pokemon successfully. The cashier found fred Meyer on the list but associate manager was skeptical. Luckily, the actual manager was nearby and so they asked him if they pmed fred Meyer.He asked for the price difference, the cashier said $20 and he just gave an uncaring "yeah just do it".

Note:it required a manager override for each game which the associate manager typed in her info four times for four pm's.