The Official CAG March 2015 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured this was as good a place as any to post some recent pickups with the February topic locked.

Saturday I took a drive to the Volo antique market. Was just looking for something to do, didn't even think about video games being there. They had a huge game section though. At first glance I was sure it would be a bust. N64 and Game Boy games were up front and outside of sports games almost nothing was under $19.99. Still, I don't get discouraged when I see games like that as it usually means they have no idea what they're doing and something will slip through. Sure enough, they had huge Master System, Turbografx, Jaguar, Atari, and much more sections and almost all of them were strangely priced with some great deals. I grabbed 3 Turbografx games:

I got Victory Run (card only) for $3.99, Loom (missing manual) for $29.99 and Deep Blue (in case) for $12.99. Not amazing but the second two were well under retail and especially Loom I've been looking for.

Funny enough, apparently the barn (1 of 4 buildings for the antique market) is 'haunted'. I only read this after the fact. I love reading the comments like 'spend 20 minutes alone in the attic and you'll believe, you can't help seeing something'. .I spent 25 minutes looking around the attic of that barn with only one other person up there for about 5 minutes of it. I saw nothing strange. A lot of the time I feel like people see things in these places because they're looking for it and want to see something.

I also figured I'd post what has kept me from buying many games or posting much lately. I've started seriously collecting Blu Rays with a strong focus on Criterion. I've bought a fair number of other Blu Rays but these are just the Criterions I've gotten since Christmas.

For the record, I didn't pay retail for any of those, ha ha. Outside of the two box sets and the Man Who Fell to Earth Blu (oop, disc only) I didn't pay over $20 for any and even those I got for great prices. Most I spent under $15 on. Most of those were from local shops on sale or eBay. Accidentally left out my copy of the complete Jean Vigo I got last week locally too, it was in a stack with some other Blus. It's also missing two DVDs I got super cheap (Paris, Texas and My Dinner With Andre) because my mom is borrowing them. I have another 20 or so other Criterions I already had but these are just semi-recent, ha ha. 

Not sure if this really counts as a regular "pickup". I felt like I could use a new hobby so after a while of debating I decided to get into perler sprites so I picked up a $12 iron, $15 bucket of 22,000 beads and $9 set of pegboard/ironing paper.  So far i'm having a ton of fun with it.

I am terrible at drawing so its cool to have an outlet to make things that I can put up on my shelves & whatnot. I've messed up a few times, but I am getting the hang of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peach- GS, free after a $10 Power Up Rewards coupon, didnt even have to pay any tax

Pikachu, Zelda, Kirby- Amazon, free after gift card balance. Idiots just tossed them in a box with no protection. Zelda's packaging had dents on the right side, nothing too major. Will mention it when they send me a packaging review. I have all the commons now, still none of the rares and store exclusives. 

Super Smash Bros soundtrack from Club Nintendo- nice bday surprise, didnt expect it.

every month a new thread? Why not make it yearly?

I pmed those 2 pokemon games today. yeah!

BTW criterion collection DVDs/blus are always fun to find in the wild. I was happy to find a sealed

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas criterion DVD for $2. I don't know if I posed it yet or not. I'm so far behind on sales.

Definitely. Got 5 at a garage sale last summer and a few at Goodwill over the last year but those were all dvd. Yet to find a Blu Ray Criterion in the wild.

Been a bit since I've posted on the site (Thanks work!),  but time to share!

Got this for ALOT cheaper than what it actually goes for :)

IMAG1028_zpsnbpgqibh.jpg

Wii U was from Cowboom. Was 160 with discount code. Went halfies with my bro so I paid 80.

Studio Ghibli Films were from GoHastings. Only Porco Rosso had the slip. Oh well.

Ys and Raiden IV were from Gamestop. Happy to find Raiden, honestly was one of the hardest games to get for me. Was really lucky that someone traded it in.

$160.00 for a Wii U is a great deal! All you need is a pro controller+more games and you'll be good to go.
Yep. Need to get a Pro Controller, a Gamecube Adapter, and more games.

Glad the pre installed games were still there. I already have Smash and Mario Kart, so that'll do for a while. :D

I don't have a pic atm of the one I got but I managed to find a Zelda MM 3D Limited Edition at Best Buy and got one. Gonna sell the other one I got at launch on eBay without the game... hopefully they allow that... Keeping this one sealed.

0bVEzqO.jpg

Stopped by 2nd & Charles to see that they're still clearing out older games.  Ending spending nearly $28.  Not worth much, but there's some in there that I never played and wanted to check out for this cheap.  Most of them were $2, except Ratchet & Clank(which was $6.99)

[attachment=12856:20150306_215148.jpg][attachment=12857:20150306_215220.jpg]

Also stopped by a local game store and got a complete GH version of Star Ocean: Till the End of Time(PS2) for $5.  Never knew that the GH version had an extra disc & content until now.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge- Walmart, $7 shipped to store

Captain Toad- GS, $30 after coupon

My first Arcade Block......I think I already prefer it to Loot Crate. Majors Mask tshirt, a Headless Horseman Darth Vader shirt as an apology for not having my selected size of the other shirt, StarFox Coffee mug, Link plush, little Sonic figure that you put together, A Link To The Past mouse pad, and a PacMan keychain/bottle opener. 

Had to go back to 2nd & Charles, since the Naruto game I bought turned out be defective.  But did get 3 more PS2 games and a DVD.  Paid $1 for MX vs ATV Unleashed, $2 for MotoGP & $3 for NFS: Prostreet.  Also paid $4 for When They Cry Vol. 6.

[attachment=12899:20150308_200601.jpg]

I freaked out when I got home and saw how much that one volume of When They Cry goes for on it's own online.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge- Walmart, $7 shipped to store
Captain Toad- GS, $30 after coupon

My first Arcade Block......I think I already prefer it to Loot Crate. Majors Mask tshirt, a Headless Horseman Darth Vader shirt as an apology for not having my selected size of the other shirt, StarFox Coffee mug, Link plush, little Sonic figure that you put together, A Link To The Past mouse pad, and a PacMan keychain/bottle opener.

That arcade block looks legit! Lootcrate is my first sub box and I love some of it but over all it's pretty meh. (Beside the Ready player one book!) I wanna do the Marvel collectors corps but $200 for a year of 6 boxes is though to swallow.

Loot crate is so weak beyond belief.
Yea, I wish I had joined in time for January's. I want that NES robot figure and 8-bit sunglasses.

Anyway, here's my stuff.

CD from Nintendo, MetalPak from MovieStop:

Steelbook from eBay, Gift Set from Walmart:

Picked these up used from GameStop:

I got this for free:

I haven't tested it (because I don't have a working 360), but the lady said she couldn't get to to sync with her 360. I have a feeling it was user error after watching a youtube video on it.

Paid $11 for this lot:

Games are complete, NV has all the extras (no game).

So this showed up today:

$47.25
Condition: Used - Like New - Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Factory Sealed.

Destiny Limited Edition [PS4]

1wuoWUKm.jpg

vDj3V5Dm.jpg

6tJuQ3Zm.jpg

:bouncy:

This showed up today care of a long time friend and customer. He said he was sending me a little something and it was "no big deal". Bastard! Now I gotta find something nice for him...

0A8F7B74-1ECE-4A65-8436-03FC2E4D616B.jpg

This showed up today care of a long time friend and customer. He said he was sending me a little something and it was "no big deal". Bastard! Now I gotta find something nice for him...
He even sent it priority!

Now you have to customize a micro for him in the form of Zelda as the theme. ;D

The GS employee threw in the Monster Hunter pin for no reason lol. Villager was purchased from Amazon for a great price (Village completes the whole Amiibo set now)!

[attachment=13025:313 pick ups.PNG]

0A8F7B74-1ECE-4A65-8436-03FC2E4D616B.jpg
I have one factory sealed still.

Wish I could have got the new majoras mask 3DS XL to USD instead of my Mario dream team XL.

Just happened to be browsing GS's website when I see the 3DSXL available as a bundle with the game and Amiibos. Couldnt let the opportunity slip! No surprise it was sold out when I checked half an hour later. 

Got the Mayflash Gamecube to PC/Wii U adapter and 4 GC controller extension cables (not pictured) off Amazon since I had giftcards. Ended up selling my SSB for Wii U bundle on Ebay since this adapter works exactly the same. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back