* * * * - 40 votes

XBL Deals - 2015

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold XBLA Games on Demand

#1471 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:33 PM

Neverwinter is FTP, right?

#1472 uglyteradon   CAG-tastrophe! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

uglyteradon

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:34 PM

I'm happy with these GWG April games.

Figured we should have some people in here who aren't complaining.

#1473 Danger Zone: Archer   Not really here. CAGiversary!   2784 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Danger Zone: Archer

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

From the four games XBLA is giving out for free, i don't have GW:J. I'm happy. 

#1474 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:38 PM

Those GWG are fine. I'll like having AC:BF digitally on both consoles and hopefully the SP will be on sale and cross buy still.

I don't have any of the 6 and have only played ACIV before.

#1475 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:40 PM

wow, 4 games for april. it is pretty nice, they are all good games.

#1476 tunavi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

any deals on 3 months of gold, not 12?

#1477 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:43 PM

I guess April's list is stuff.

#1478 MastrMeatWad   The microwave demands sacrifice CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

MastrMeatWad

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:51 PM

I knew not to set my expectations high for X1 but this is a pretty big disappointment. X360 got aome pretty good games.

disagree. Awesome list Taking all six into account. The x1 titles offered are fantastic, and the titles are varied and offer a little of everything. I am very happy. I wanted pool, but probably wouldn't have purchased it so this is good for me.

#1479 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3613 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:00 PM

Does anyone think there's a chance that the pool game is an April fool's joke, and something better (or different) will be in it's place? Or does MS have a contractual obligation to throw these indie titles out for free every month, regardless of feedback?

As for the other options, seems like they have a decent selection of games. I've been holding out on CoL & Terraria for a bit, so that's very cool and welcomed. I got AC4:BF on here for super cheap months ago. Won GOW:J when it came out & traded it right away, so decent, and Devil's Cartel will be worth some points at least.

You really think "feedback" is going to influence these decisions in any way?  MS sees these games as a small bonus for you paying to play online.  They are going to work out deals with whatever developers are the most flexible with wanting to promote their games in this way that doesn't cost MS an arm and a leg.  Indie developers are way more likely to want a chunk of money up front to get their game out there to everyone than the major AAA companies who know their game will sell regardless.  I'm still shocked we got Rayman when we did.  I wouldn't expect another retail release on XB1 anytime soon but hope I'm wrong.  I mean who wouldn't want former $60 releases handed over for free?

And pool games are a blast to play.  I'm really excited for all of these games!

#1480 mattyg00013   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

mattyg00013

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:42 PM

I think its a good month, not as good as getting Rayman Legends free, but a good month.  I bought Child of Light (PS4) last month so I knew that was coming to Plus or GWG this month, its a good game.  Pure Pool I was actually going to buy last week when it was on sale (PS4) but decided to hold off, I enjoy pool games but figured it would be free soon.  The 360 lineup is pretty solid too, the only one of those games that I have owned is Assassin's Creed, and the other three I never completed so I'm happy to give them another try. 

#1481 The Ebbtide   Hi. CAGiversary!   1780 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

The Ebbtide

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:58 PM

And the worst Gears game ever made, but at least now I get to experience that mess for free :D

Thanks Microsoft for a great month!

How can you know it's the worst if you've never played it?  The Campaign is fine, it's the the multiplayer is truly lacking, even after DLC.

--

Also, in the extreme chance that they try and pull a trick, do not buy the DLC separately.  If you buy the DLC individually, the DLC playlists don't work like they should.  Basically, there are two separate sorts of playlists; one setup is strictly for non-season pass (called VIP Pass) holders and the other is called the VIP Pass playlist.  They both contain similar playlists, but VIP Pass (Season Pass) holders get double XP, but also have access to DLC playlists. 

It's confusing, but in the regular playlist the DLC maps basically were for the free maps, and I believe they now charge for one of the two free maps.  This would just throw those two maps into the rotation of the already small list of maps on disc. 

Unfortunately, the true DLC playlist is really under the VIP setup.  Because VIP Pass holders would automatically get the paid DLC maps, that DLC playlist actually contains the collective of DLC maps.  It's a horrible setup, and people complained about it for a while, but Epic basically ignored it, and I assume Black Tusk has not addressed this.

I'd expect the VIP Pass to be the thing that gets reduced.  But, again, in case they try to solely sell the DLC packs, know that you really won't be able to access them online unless you have the VIP Pass.

#1482 Luriden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1345 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:59 PM

The Black Flag season pass cross buy was supposed to have ended last May, but it was still active in December when I and some others bought it during a sale (I had bought the AC XB1 bundle).  Maybe it's still active, and maybe it will go on sale.

It's still active. I bought the pass two days ago on 360. I own the game on XB1 but I sensed the 360 going GWG soon, so I figured why not.

#1483 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

This is a great month on the 360 side in that well promoted, retail released games are going to be free. Just like Rayman Legends was a high profile game, so are all the 360 games. Gears of War: Judgment was published by Microsoft and was one of the "big hit" games to come out Spring 2013. ACIV we all know is a Ubisoft developed game that sold over ten million units which was released Fall 2013. AoT: Devil's Cartel, is also a high profile EA game to come out Spring 2013. Terraria though arcade only, was popular enough to get a retail release too. It has sold in the millions as well, came out Spring 2013 on the 360.

Opinions will differ on the quality of these games(for instance most reviewers panned GoW:J & AoT: DC). Nevertheless, these are all AAA games according to the publishers/devs who made each game. It truly is, a high profile month. On the Xbone side........that's a different story.

I have all 360 games cept for Terraria. Currently playing through Black Flag, funny enough........Devil's Cartel I got for a couple dollars during that Groupon sale. Still in the shrink wrap

#1484 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1218 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:17 PM

I personally have none of these games, so it's a good month for me. Especially since I've wanted ACIV:BF for some time, and was just about to buy Child of Light on Vita (it got a physical release two days ago).

#1485 Avenger772  

Avenger772

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:22 PM

Praise jebus! 

I don't have any of the games being offered for next month.  So I will gladly take all 6 with a coke and smile.

#1486 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11246 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:27 PM

Opinions will differ on the quality of these games(for instance most reviewers panned GoW:J & AoT: DC).

Gears of War: Judgement got generally favorable reviews as high as a 9.2 on IGN (79 overall on Metacritic). Army of Two: Devil's Cartel on the other hand really did get trashed (53 on Metacritic).

Looking forward to Judgement and, hell, for free I'll at least try Devil's Cartel. Those and the pool game are the ones I haven't played so that alone is nice.

#1487 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12839 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:28 PM

Praise jebus! 

I don't have any of the games being offered for next month.  So I will gladly take all 6 with a coke and smile.

No coke.  Pepsi.

#1488 Deuteros  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:28 PM

Dear Microsoft, can I have my LEGOs back?

Seriously, as someone who doesn't own an Xbox One, I'd take Child of Light over all four Xbox 360 games being offered.

#1489 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:31 PM

How can you know it's the worst if you've never played it?  The Campaign is fine, it's the the multiplayer is truly lacking, even after DLC.

To be fair, genneo never said he didn't play it. That's just an assumption on your part. Perhaps he rented it or borrowed from a friend?

#1490 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11021 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:02 PM

Not a bad month really.

Happy about Child of Light but no interest in the Pool game.

Played GoW: Judgement but I can always get some achievements.  Terraria  might be fun to dick around in. Already played ACIV on the X1 and I do own Devil's Cartel on the PS3 when it went on sale.

I guess it is not a great month for me but overall it is not a horrible selection.  Guess I am going to have to suck it up and find a cheap copy of Ryse.  Almost done with Dead Rising 3 now so I have time to sell it without worry it was the free game next month.

#1491 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:10 PM

Judgment is worth it for Overrun alone.

#1492 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:12 PM

Judgment is worth it for Overrun alone.

#1493 leylines   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1078 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:12 PM

My best friend and I played each one of the army of two games when they came out. Devil's cartel is easily the worst one but it can still be fun coop. Making masks was fun for the characters given that's about as much personality as they get. Seriously, say what you will about the other of army of two main characters but they named their main duo in this one, I shit you not, Alpha and Bravo. Can't get more generic than that. At least the old mercenaries were having fun, talking about the wu tang clan and stuff.

As for the GWG, I own none of the games but have played and beaten 3/4 of the 360 ones. So nothing really stand out but always happy to add games to the digital library.

#1494 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:45 PM

Nice list. Already have Terreria but now I can get rid of my Black Flag and Judgement discs. 

#1495 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:50 PM

Anybody know of any good 360 console deals? Looking for a 250GB. Not trying to pay over $150 for it.

#1496 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:05 PM

Not a bad month for games with gold. Always wanted to check out terraria and child of light looks decent. Is also nice to get black flag on 360 (played it on ps3) but would much rather have it on xbone heh. Rest are pretty meh, can care less about the pool game, really don't want to play threw that army of two again and I'm a huge Gears fan but judgement was such a crap fest. 

#1497 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:15 PM

I asked xbox support on twitter if this double games thing is permanent and they replied this is a celebration of 100 game downloads.  Not sure if they're the right people to asked that question to but their answer seems like this double games thing might just be for April as a celebration.

#1498 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:17 PM

I either own these games already or they don't appeal to my personal taste. Eff M$ THEY ARE THE WORST!!!

j/k

Calm down folks, they're FREE

MS can't accommodate everyone

#1499 slox117   The World is Yours CAGiversary!   333 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:50 PM

Forza should come out tonight, or sometime tomorrow. Free until April 10, after that it'll be $10 just wanted to remind everyone.

GwG is decent, people should definitely check out Child of Light, paid full $15 for it and enjoyed it. It's about 11 hours.

I hope the Judgment DLC goes on sale, but most people will probably stick to regular non DLC playlists.

#1500 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4291 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:59 PM

Happy with GWG, but was really hoping for Goat Simulator. I'll probably be paying full price for it when it comes out.

Finished all achievements in Ori. Has a high chance of winning many game of the year awards. Near perfect game with the only fault being a glitchy achievement, but that can be fixed by using another glitch.