Here's When Nintendo Is Restocking Marth Amiibo

iamjash

CAGiversary!
Finally we will be able to get our hands on Marth.

What does this mean for the current price of the amiibo? Is it worth it to sell it now if you have one of the "rare NA " ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
The other question is what does that mean for production numbers of the originally scheduled ones for that time frame... Are we to assume Nintendo opened more production lines, or will they just short some other new ones?

Hard to tell. The re-release could put a huge dent in the secondhand market, even for JPN/EU versions, if people can just walk into a store and find one in North America for $12.99.

If Nintendo marks the package any differently though (2014 vs 2015, etc.), it could actually raise the price of current 2014 models. Then again the amount of people with that sort of OCD may be in a small minority and there won't be that much of a demand for a 2014 Marth over a 2015 one.

My answer: I don't know! :drool:

I'll all for reprinting/restocking of Amiibos.  Yeah, just change some slight detail that only OCD and the second hand market can care for.  I want all the Amiibos, just not at more than retail price and tax.

I'll all for reprinting/restocking of Amiibos. Yeah, just change some slight detail that only OCD and the second hand market can care for. I want all the Amiibos, just not at more than retail price and tax.
I prefer just reprinting exactly like before so resellers lose out on their profit and collectors don't need to track down multiple copies of the same figure.

Why nintendo doesn't just sell every character on its own website is beyond me.  Or sell "season pass" sets with each character from each "release".  

bread's done
Back