Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, and New Super Mario Bros/ Super Luigi U are $33 each, used, at Nintendo Store. $5 shipping.

New Mario/Luigi doesn't include a manual normally. Not sure about the others and can't check my copies right now but some don't have traditional manuals.

SM3DW and MK 8 retail come with a fold out manual sheet that shows the game controls. Not missing much except a small bit of artwork around the control displays.

Beware the Punch Out Wii game refurbished came with a huge, ugly, orange stripe across the middle of the cover art saying it was refurbished so I bet same thing will apply here. But price wise you may never beat these for a long while.

Last edited by a moderator:
After shipping, these are just under eBay prices. Tempting, but not a fan of the huge "refurbished" logos they put on the covers. 

A dev/publisher selling their own used games. Brilliant. That's one way to pry used game sales away from competitors while doubling down on your own.

Is Luigi U rare or something? I remember grabbing a copy at launch that I never even opened that I still have
Out of print but low demand. I grabbed a couple from Best Buy from a preowned sale, and they haven't sold. A sealed green case should be worth north of $50 by Christmas.

These are some great deals. If I didn't own these I'd jump on this is a heartbeat. For those that do already own physically: The trade in value is $40/$44 on MK8 at Gamestop right now. Decent flip if you're already planning on ordering other items from the online store (since they have a flat shipping cost).

Why not just buy it in better condition from a Cag or gameTZ for this price? I don't see it as a deal

BROTHERS! for my first post I am happy to inform CAG that I was able to price match this deal at Best Buy without a problem.

Man, do I want Mario Kart 8 .... Not used and incomplete at this price, though.

Thanks, tho, OP.
Lol, incomplete makes it sounds like you're getting less than the full game. Instead, you're losing out on the manual (I can't imagine most people care about a 1 page sheet with the game controls that gets passed off as being a manual these days) and maybe an ugly refurb logo printed on the case. I guess I can somewhat understand the latter as some people used to get annoyed with the red stripe Greatest Hits logos back in the day, but as digital downloads become the norm, I personally find myself caring less and less about what the game box looks like.

This is how I got Pikmin (Wii play control version), and I loved it, considering the prices on the 3rd party market. Actually wish Pikmin 2 would get added to this list. So I'm in for the NSMBU/LU combo, the only one I don't have.

Anyone know if these can be registered for Club Nintendo points? I'm ~60 away from platinum this year, and I know we need to get all our points in before the end of March before things close up. I'm guessing they probably aren't, but I've never bought a refurb Wii U game from Ninty previously. Used Pikmin did not come with any Club Nintendo code.

but as digital downloads become the norm, I personally find myself caring less and less about what the game box looks like.
Same. Plus, with how infrequently prices on Nintendo 1st party titles drop, every little bit helps.

At the Nintendo online store. I'm not allowed to post links, so if someone can get on that, I'd appreciate it.

Best Buy's got SM3DW new for $51.99, plus tax. With GCU, that's $41.59, plus tax, or about $3 more than this used copy, and you'd get the CN code (if you still care about it this late in the game).

Lol, incomplete makes it sounds like you're getting less than the full game. Instead, you're losing out on the manual (I can't imagine most people care about a 1 page sheet with the game controls that gets passed off as being a manual these days) and maybe an ugly refurb logo printed on the case. I guess I can somewhat understand the latter as some people used to get annoyed with the red stripe Greatest Hits logos back in the day, but as digital downloads become the norm, I personally find myself caring less and less about what the game box looks like.
Awesome. Glad you enjoy digital downloads and do not care about physical copies.

To me, and I'd argue a lot of others, I want physical copies that look clean and are complete. Especially at the ~$40 price point.

As for digital, I think for the most part it is a foolish purchase. You can't let friends borrow a game, you can't resell it - which is the biggest knock on them - and they often cost as much as a physical copy.

To someone who doesn't grasp those points, I guess I "lol"

I grew up with the SNES. I like having the manuals even though I'll likely never use them and I like having the disc. The whole PS4 outage thing. Yea. Didn't affect me.

Instead of forcing your POV on someone, understand to each their own. What difference does it make to you? I certianly do not care if you download games or buy ones with orange spooge on the case's cover.

Cheers.

Awesome. Glad you enjoy digital downloads and do not care about physical copies.

To me, and I'd argue a lot of others, I want physical copies that look clean and are complete. Especially at the ~$40 price point.

As for digital, I think for the most part it is a foolish purchase. You can't let friends borrow a game, you can't resell it - which is the biggest knock on them - and they often cost as much as a physical copy.

To someone who doesn't grasp those points, I guess I "lol"

I grew up with the SNES. I like having the manuals even though I'll likely never use them and I like having the disc. The whole PS4 outage thing. Yea. Didn't affect me.

Instead of forcing your POV on someone, understand to each their own. What difference does it make to you? I certianly do not care if you download games or buy ones with orange spooge on the case's cover.

Cheers.
Interesting how in that wall of text you don't mention at all how these refurbished copies are "incomplete". Also not quite sure how saying I didn't mind the look of the box as my gaming purchases have become more digital is "forcing my POV" anymore than your above reply knocking digital purchases and bringing up the PS4 outage. But it seems like I've already hit a touchy subject, so I'll just leave it at that.

This is how I got Pikmin (Wii play control version), and I loved it, considering the prices on the 3rd party market. Actually wish Pikmin 2 would get added to this list. So I'm in for the NSMBU/LU combo, the only one I don't have.

Anyone know if these can be registered for Club Nintendo points? I'm ~60 away from platinum this year, and I know we need to get all our points in before the end of March before things close up. I'm guessing they probably aren't, but I've never bought a refurb Wii U game from Ninty previously. Used Pikmin did not come with any Club Nintendo code.
Highly unlikely.

Deal just got significantly better for Mario Kart 8:  Now for $60, included is the game, a Mario Wii Remote, and the red and blue Wii Wheel exclusive to the MK8 Wii U console bundle (there was a red Wii wheel made by Hori that had an "M" on the back; every reason to believe this is the bundle exclusive one that is solid blue on the back which was only made directly by Nintendo).

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=true&navAction=jump&navCount=5&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod560259&categoryId=cat550210

As shown in the 2nd image of this listing:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Wii-U-Remote-wheel-Mario-Kart-8-Red-Edition-/191489815423?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c95aeb37f&nma=true&si=36ZK8RjWP1z99%252Bvm%252BzJ2lplyia0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Thanks!

As for SM3DW, I foolishly bought a digital copy at launch, then realized I wanted a physical copy. Not sure if it'll ever go on sale. SMG and SMG2 did eventually reach $20 each, but a lot of Nintendo games never make it down that far. So I bought that, too.

Thanks!

As for SM3DW, I foolishly bought a digital copy at launch, then realized I wanted a physical copy. Not sure if it'll ever go on sale. SMG and SMG2 did eventually reach $20 each, but a lot of Nintendo games never make it down that far. So I bought that, too.
I usually take advantage of B1G1 50% or similar sales (which are kind of rare) and then trade in unwanted games to offset the costs...thats how I got Smash Bros, Omega Ruby & SM3DW for so cheap

That seems like a good deal for two Nintendo games. I've never really thought to look for the combo disc from the bundle, I've just been looking for NSLB but I don't have NSMBu either. That's temping, any reason to be talked out of this deal?

bread's done
Back