* * * * - 8 votes

Best Buy coupon 3/7-3/14 - $5 off any single Wii U or 3DS video game and 10% off Accessories

#61 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:44 PM

A few people here mentioned using the coupon on Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. when it releases on Friday; Destructoid just posted their review for those interested: http://www.destructo...m--288507.phtml

Spolier: 6.5

#62 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4975 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:48 PM

just want to know, accessory coupon doesn't work on amiibo right?

#63 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38133 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:57 PM

Spolier: 6.5

Dale-Horvath.gif

#64 PapaSlaughter  

PapaSlaughter

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:58 PM

just want to know, accessory coupon doesn't work on amiibo right?

I believe they count amiibo as a game rather than an accessory. Because you get 20% with gcu

#65 TheMonarck  

TheMonarck

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:24 PM

Thanks OP! I got Majora's Mask 3D for $24.60. GCU + Coupon + $5 Certificate.

#66 davidwhangchoi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   390 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

davidwhangchoi

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:32 PM

Dale-Horvath.gif

hahahaha

#67 whswhsjohn  

whswhsjohn

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:53 PM

Anyone tried on buying an amiibo with the coupon?

#68 cg8889   Gamer Dad CAGiversary!   970 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:04 PM

Bought Rainbow Curse for $28 today and even with mediocre reviews might grab Code Name STEAM on Friday.

#69 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2977 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:13 PM

Bought Rainbow Curse for $28 today and even with mediocre reviews might grab Code Name STEAM on Friday.

If I had a NN3DSXL I'd hop on that for the amiibo support, but without I'm hesitant since the game hasn't grabbed ahold of my attention too much.

#70 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:22 PM

Have a question..I dont have GCU, if I go on Friday to Best Buy, sign up for the Gamers Club, would it be activated right away and then I can use the coupon as well on a game? Thanks! And do all best buys have the gamers club available for 30 bucks or would I have to call in advance to make sure they do

#71 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:22 PM

So, strange thing happened to me today. I bought Smash Bros 3DS with the coupon at non-event store. GCU worked and then it took another $5 off...$27.99. Sweet.

I then go back and grab DmC for PS4 and my GCU program wouldn't take off the 20%. Got a little freaked out. A manager came over and it took him about 10 minutes to get it fixed. I asked what the problem was, and I get "Don't worry about it, it's fixed now." Left me feeling a bit uneasy.

I ended up stopping at another Best Buy and getting an Amiibo and my discount worked. I may try again for Captain Toad or Bayonetta 2 tomorrow.

#72 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3532 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:26 PM

can we just print out that picture and get the discount?

#73 usagi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:29 PM

hope bestbuy do bogo free again in june for 3ds. should i pick up new phoenix wright for $19 plus taxes?

Bogo online deal with check boxes to select games and you end getting the expensive game free?

Are you buying Phoenix Wright from e-shop?  If you are, you should move to Delaware, land of tax free digital purchases.  I did my digital move there to Bear county, so I don't need to pay tax for e-shop purchases.  Just edit your e-shop zip code to some random one in Delaware.

#74 TheMonarck  

TheMonarck

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:34 PM

can we just print out that picture and get the discount?

Yep. That's what I did.

#75 Ratmonkey  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:05 AM

Coupon didn't work automatically on a swap force bundle without a manager override.

Did work on assassin creed 3 which was on sale for 10. With gcu and coupon made it about 3 bucks.

#76 PapaSlaughter  

PapaSlaughter

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:09 AM

So, strange thing happened to me today. I bought Smash Bros 3DS with the coupon at non-event store. GCU worked and then it took another $5 off...$27.99. Sweet.

I then go back and grab DmC for PS4 and my GCU program wouldn't take off the 20%. Got a little freaked out. A manager came over and it took him about 10 minutes to get it fixed. I asked what the problem was, and I get "Don't worry about it, it's fixed now." Left me feeling a bit uneasy.

I ended up stopping at another Best Buy and getting an Amiibo and my discount worked. I may try again for Captain Toad or Bayonetta 2 tomorrow.

Mine doesn't work sometimes if they scan the game before scanning my card.

#77 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2977 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:28 AM

Have a question..I dont have GCU, if I go on Friday to Best Buy, sign up for the Gamers Club, would it be activated right away and then I can use the coupon as well on a game? Thanks! And do all best buys have the gamers club available for 30 bucks or would I have to call in advance to make sure they do

It will work in-store on the same transaction if I recall correctly. There will be plenty of cards in-store and they will say $99.99 or $119.99 most likely, but it will ring up as $30.

Basically, purchase GCU on Friday and use the coupon and you should be good to go without issue.

#78 JasonTerminator   Not a psychopath! CAGiversary!   2588 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

JasonTerminator

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:49 AM

Picked up Bayonetta 2 today, no problems. Will probably go back to get either Captain Toad or Pokemon Sapphire tomorrow.

#79 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:07 AM

Mine doesn't work sometimes if they scan the game before scanning my card.

Interesting, that's what she kept doing. Funny thing is that I always use my phone number and they said it wasn't in their system.

#80 NickSC07   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1307 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:10 AM

Confirmed that this coupon can be used multiple times?

#81 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5122 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:14 AM

Confirmed that this coupon can be used multiple times?

You're not supposed to, but I've used it twice. So it depends on them noticing that you've been in there and used it before and noticing that it has a limit.

#82 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:29 AM

It will work in-store on the same transaction if I recall correctly. There will be plenty of cards in-store and they will say $99.99 or $119.99 most likely, but it will ring up as $30.

Basically, purchase GCU on Friday and use the coupon and you should be good to go without issue.

so it doesnt matter if I pick up the 99 or the 119 card(Not sure the difference between the two) and they will both ring up as 30 bucks..I am finally gonna do it..Ive never signed up for GCU before but I figure what the heck, and I can save some good money on games so why not..and I can get these same games online for 20 percent off as I understand it :-)

As far as this particular coupon for 5 dollars off goes..it can be used at ANY Best Buy store..Im in LA so we have Best Buy everywhere..will probably end up going on Friday and see what happens..just not sure what game to buy since I pretty much already have every Nintendo 3DS and Wii U game that has come out..except for CODE Name Steam, but Ive read some weird reviews on that game so not sure

#83 ProfessorMicro   Dark Lord of the Sith CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

ProfessorMicro

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:39 AM

Got Captain Toad for $25 after GCU, coupon, rewards certificate, and tax.

My cashier was a really nice guy. We figured out it all has to be done in a certain order when it wouldn't apply the coupon at first, so we had to start over. But what worked was: scan item, enter rewards/GCU number, scan coupon, apply rewards cert.

Thanks, OP!

Did the same as well, even had your post pulled up on my phone so I would know the order to scan.

Thanks for the instructions and thanks to OP for the deal.

For the record, the coupon barcode was scanned off my phone. I took the image from the OP.

#84 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:51 AM

Can I use this coupon at a best buy that was NOT on the Amiibo event list this past weekend..just want to be sure before I go on Friday, hopefully I can use this coupon along with the GCU will be getting that on Friday as well

#85 ProfessorMicro   Dark Lord of the Sith CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

ProfessorMicro

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:10 AM

Can I use this coupon at a best buy that was NOT on the Amiibo event list this past weekend..just want to be sure before I go on Friday, hopefully I can use this coupon along with the GCU will be getting that on Friday as well

I used it at a non-event store today, so I should think it will work fine.

#86 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2977 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:10 AM

Works at all stores based off other replies. Bring Codename Steam, a GCU membership card, a coupon to the register and you're good to go and your total should be $27+tax. Present the coupon last.

#87 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1474 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:05 AM

Just came to thank OP, i wasn't able to goto the event myself. Went to BBY earlier today and picked up Kirby WiiU with this coupon + GCU. 

#88 Permadeath  

Permadeath

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

Apologies if this has been answered already, but do you have to print the coupon out or can you present it on your phone?

Planning on picking up Codename STEAM tomorrow, so I wanna do it right.

#89 KudosConan   Procrastinator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

KudosConan

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:35 PM

There have been successes on both fronts. Pick your poison. If you fear that they will not accept it on the phone, then just print one out.

#90 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:58 PM

Printed off OP's coupon and signed up for GCU right there (I was "living under a rock" apparently). Picked up MM 3D for $27 plus tax last night. Costco can't touch that even on their best day. Forget GameStop.

THANK YOU OP!!! =D

To those who want to know about potential issues with the printout method:

I brought in the whole printout and handed it to her at the end. Another associate asked "is that a manufacturer's coupon?" to which the cashier responded "no, it's BestBuy's." Pretty sure this was a non-event store, since I heard/seen nothing about an event and I'm in and out with amiibo all the time. Not sure if cutting out the particular coupon would have helped or hurt in this case... Good luck.

I may try to use the coupon again today. I'd love another copy of MM 3D, but I'm fairly certain that would look suspicious. Does the system pull up recent purchases when I tell a BestBuy employee my phone number at checkout? Worst case scenario, I'll go for Kirby. Heard great things about it.

Now I'm weighing the value of my current Codename Steam preorder bonus at GameStop (Majora's Mask Pin). Is that little trinket really worth $12?

For that matter, should I even buy Codename Steam at all after those reviews.... Someone must have known the game wasn't great in the beginning, since they bundled Codename Steam--rather than the obvious choice, Majora's Mask 3D--with Zelda collectables. Not sure I want to belong to the camp that buys a game because of the preorder bonus alone

Hahaha, anyone know if GameStop would make me return my preorder bonus if I return the game still sealed the next day? I don't want to belong to that camp either, but someone (whether it's BigN of America or GameStop Corporate) has made Nintendo livin unnecessarily hard for the last 6 months. Sometimes, I swear it's like they enjoy feeding Nintendo fans to scalpers. ;_;