Xenoblade chronicles

genesis49

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
As I was out of gaming for several years I never played this on the wii. As it is now coming out for 3ds, and I actually have a new one I'm considering grabbing this when it comes out.
My question is, in this a game I need to preorder so I actual get a copy? Should I wait for a sale? What are the chances it sells through super fast?
I'm considering pre-ordering on Amazon, but not sure it's worth full retail.

Wow, I was just making a topic on this!  I never played it either. I doubt it'll sell out, but I guess if you want it day 1 a preorder is safest. 

Here's a trailer-

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNQj4IAPKKM[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the game on the Wii... so damn good. 

It's basically the same game on the 3DS, outside of the technical details. It seems like the sense of scale is lost in 3DS version but I would still recommend it. 

I love the Wii version.

If you want it, I'd preorder it, since people will go apeshit for it, and Nintendo stuff never drops in price.

I never played it on Wii due to selling the system before this came out. I saw my old roommate play it though and it looked amazing. I love Xenogears and thought Xenosaga was pretty decent as well, so I will definitely be picking this up. I don't think it will be hard to find when it releases, but I don't think it will be easy to find as time goes by. I think it will get a similar release to Fire Emblem Awakening, which isn't easy to find new anymore. 

I also think it will be like FE:A. It will be easy to find everywhere new, but the price wont drop. It wont be like the Wii release of Xenoblades where its sold out before its even released. If you dont NEED to play it as soon as possible you might as well wait and hope for some Target or Walmart sale on it.

I also think it will be like FE:A. It will be easy to find everywhere new, but the price wont drop. It wont be like the Wii release of Xenoblades where its sold out before its even released. If you dont NEED to play it as soon as possible you might as well wait and hope for some Target or Walmart sale on it.
Ha, this is CAG, with our backlogs who NEEDS to play anything as soon as possible? O:) Do you really think there will be a sale on it fairly soon after release?

I needed a filler for free shipping on Amazon, so I ordered it today. Hoping for a price drop before release like with MH4U.

I was holding out hope for a CE of this but I guess that is not going to happen.  Think I'll just pick it up on a sale now since I have too much already in my backlog to be played.

Ha, this is CAG, with our backlogs who NEEDS to play anything as soon as possible? O:) Do you really think there will be a sale on it fairly soon after release?
I kinda need to play it at release, because with the WiiU game coming out, I want to be prepared for it. I also have to buy it at release because I am afraid of a limited print run which there wont be but with the Wii's version fiasco not going to take a chance.

With that said this game is defiantly worth $60. I did not beat the game but I have played some of it. One of the best games in the past 5 years and well I think it will work nicely on the small screen. I wouldn't expect a sale though, not for a long while because this seems like more of a niche game like FE:A but then again I could be totally wrong.

The game is getting a lot of good reviews. Good to see Nintendo recover quickly from that Steam debacle.
Yeah, currently has an 86 on Metacritic! Glad to see it turned out good. Most of the nitpicks I've read are from reviewers that compare it to Wii version, so I get the feeling if you've never played it on Wii then there's really not a lot to complain about.

The original is one of the best JRPGs ever made.  Glad this downport turned out about as well as could be expected.  Get it if you never played the original for sure.  I won't be getting it (don't have a New 3DS anyway) but I already have the PAL and NA version of the original so... ;)

I'm glad that the port went over well. I've always wanted to play this game, but sold my Wii prior to this coming out so I've only ever seen my old roommate play it a bit. Xenogears is one of my favorite JRPGs of all time, never could get into Xenosaga as much. I've always thought Xenoblade reminded me more of Xenogears than it did the Saga games. Really stoked to check this game out for the first time, I already can see a lot of hours spent playing this and Monster Hunter 4 finally finding it's way out of my New 3DS.

Right now I have my copy on Amazon but I am wondering how widespread available this game will be and if I can just go into gamestop or wal mart next Friday and pick it up.

Aka I wont be home next Fri or Sat but I will have my 3DS with me.

I don't think you'll have any problems picking it up at your store of choice. I don't have it preordered but am planning on getting it at Best Buy on launch day since I have some reward certs to use.

I don't think you'll have any problems picking it up at your store of choice. I don't have it preordered but am planning on getting it at Best Buy on launch day since I have some reward certs to use.
I will be near a Wal Mart, GS and Target next Friday so I should be able to pick it up. I just remember the fiasco with the Wii version of it. I was debating if I should play FF Type-0 or wait till this comes out and I think I will wait to this come out to start a new RPG. Besides I need to finish it before the sequel comes out.

I have this for the wii. Still sealed though. Hehe! I remember thiswas reprinted some time after release but gamestop gutted everthing so you cant buy this game sealed anymore unless u got lucky on the 1st batch.

I have this for the wii. Still sealed though. Hehe! I remember thiswas reprinted some time after release but gamestop gutted everthing so you cant buy this game sealed anymore unless u got lucky on the 1st batch.
Or you could just buy it for the New 3DS. 8 days from now you're not gonna feel so special. Sorry Charlie.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8szFVmSVE0[/media]

Almost here! Anyone else excited?

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZHiOEtUIs8[/media]

I totally forgot about this, until I got my Amazon shipping notification.

I started the Wii version a couple days ago. I was able to pick it up for around $40 a couple months ago at Gamestop.

Oh well, it's a fun game on any system.

Excited to stop after work tomorrow to grab a copy. Will Wal Mart be carrying this if anyone knows? There is a Wal Mart literally across the street from the bank branch I go to, and it's pay day tomorrow. I would love to just go across the street and grab it.

I would assume they would but just to be sure so I don't waste my time tomorrow walking into Wal Mart because it's Wal Mart.

Excited to stop after work tomorrow to grab a copy. Will Wal Mart be carrying this if anyone knows? There is a Wal Mart literally across the street from the bank branch I go to, and it's pay day tomorrow. I would love to just go across the street and grab it.

I would assume they would but just to be sure so I don't waste my time tomorrow walking into Wal Mart because it's Wal Mart.
Wal-Mart should definitely have the game. It's a big release published by Nintendo, everywhere that carries 3DS games will surely carry this one. I have a copy pre-ordered at Best Buy for in-store pick up. I'll be stopping by after work to get my copy tomorrow. Never played the game on Wii and Xenogears is one of my favorite JRPGs of all time, so I am pretty excited to play this.

It's listed on their website. I'm not sure if the stores will have it Day 1, but you can always call first.

It's listed on their website. I'm not sure if the stores will have it Day 1, but you can always call first.
The wal mart is very close to a target and gamestop so I am not worried. Wal Mart would be the easiest stop though. I will just stop in after work see if they have it.

Happy Xenoblade Day everyone!

Got my copy, drove the extra time to GS since Wal Mart was swamped.

I have two complaints about this game. First the whole you did not buy a Shulk Amiibo when they were in stock so you need to get play coins to unlock stuff. That's fine except my 3DS never goes anywhere because the thing is huge, lol. Also the NPC's quest markers above their heads are too small to see sometimes, which is a very minor complaint. Other than that  I fuck ing love this game and I highly recommend it.

Me too, I've only played a few hours but this game is great! I have no problems with the resolution or size, but I did turn the 3D off because it wasn't really adding a whole lot other than making the text "pop" out, which I found distracting. The voice acting is top notch, the story is interesting so far, cutscenes are great, this game is just really well done. 

Me too, I've only played a few hours but this game is great! I have no problems with the resolution or size, but I did turn the 3D off because it wasn't really adding a whole lot other than making the text "pop" out, which I found distracting. The voice acting is top notch, the story is interesting so far, cutscenes are great, this game is just really well done.
I haven't had a chance to play this yet, but I almost always have 3D off, on the New 3DS it's a lot better than my old blue one, but I still don't care for it.

3D wasn't the selling point of the system to me, the new games were.

Alright, would I enjoy this game?

I haven't experienced a JRPG (from what I remember), so, is this a good start for newbz?
It is a good game, it can be pretty long, but from what I've played of it (just a few hours of the Wii version), I like it.

I must tell you though, I am a pretty big RPG fan.

You may want to watch a few gameplay videos on it and see.

What kind of games do you like or normally play, RoytheRobot? That might give us a better idea if you'd like it.
Platformers, sports and Racing games, shooters, puzzle, rhythm, fighters. My experience with RPGs is (very, very) limited.

I'm enjoying Earthbound, but sometimes I'm not sure what I'm doing in combat haha.

I think you'd like it. It's kind-of a cross between turn-based and real time combat, in that your people attack automatically and you just handle healing, special attacks, etc. There's a lot happening but it's really, REALLY fun. In fact, I think it's becoming my favorite RPG of the last several years! And if you get the cart and don't like it I'm sure you can always sell it and recoup most if not all of the cost right now. Let me know if you get it since I'd be interested to hear what you think, being fairly new to RPGs.

I think you'd like it. It's kind-of a cross between turn-based and real time combat, in that your people attack automatically and you just handle healing, special attacks, etc. There's a lot happening but it's really, REALLY fun. In fact, I think it's becoming my favorite RPG of the last several years! And if you get the cart and don't like it I'm sure you can always sell it and recoup most if not all of the cost right now. Let me know if you get it since I'd be interested to hear what you think, being fairly new to RPGs.
Thanks for clarifying on the combat.

I don't have a *NEW* 3DS, so I'm going to buy the Wii version. As you said, I can recuperate the money I spent if I don't like it, so I'll give it a spin soon and see what happens.

Thanks for clarifying on the combat.

I don't have a *NEW* 3DS, so I'm going to buy the Wii version. As you said, I can recuperate the money I spent if I don't like it, so I'll give it a spin soon and see what happens.
I got lucky on my Wii copy, and found a very nice on at Gamestop. After the birthday coupon, it came out to right around $40.

It's still more than $50-$60 on eBay and I don't think the 3DS version is going to knock that value down a lot. Reprints knocked it down some, but there is still a good demand for it. It's a good game, and one that is nice in a collection.

bread's done
Back