* * * * * 3 votes

What's a game you've played multiple times?

gaming Game favs retro gaming Top games

#1 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:06 PM

Inspired from this: https://plus.google....sts/2PUfaVJtFns
Yeah which games have you played multiple playthroughs or many hours?

For me:
Yup multiple times Mass Effect 1 & 2 (varied previous results imported/character endings/achievements def helped, aside from being solid games).
Borderlands 1 & 2 (Dat Loot!).
Half Life 1 & 2.
Counter-Strike
Super Mario World
Super Mario All-Stars
All the Mario Karts
Super Metroid
GTA 3, IV
Doom I & II
Dune II
Starcraft
Total Annihilation
Chrono Trigger
A Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/A Link Between Worlds
Gears 1, 2 & 3
Battlefield 1942, 2, 3 & 4 lol
Super Smash Bros
All the Halos :P

#2 mightyduck   It's Knuckle Puck time! CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

mightyduck

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:14 PM

There are a few that I constantly dive back into.  They are mostly Genesis/PS1 games.

• NHL 95
  • La Russa Baseball 95
  • NBA Jam
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Jet Moto
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Resident Evil
  • Syphon Filter
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • MLB Pennant Race

#3 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2112 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:22 PM

All things considered, I think Diablo II: Lord of Destruction is the one game I've completed the most times.  But that's a game that's really based around doing multiple playthroughs.

#4 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11671 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:10 AM

Games I replay at least once a year include:

Dragon Age Origins

Bioshock 

Bioshock 2

Persona 3

Persona 4

Dead Space 

Star Wars: Empire At War

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2

Warhammer 40,000k Dawn of War Games

Starcraft

These are at the top of my head but I"m pretty sure there are more for me.

#5 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10627 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:06 AM

Bioshock 1 and 2

Fallout 2

Baldur's Gate 1

Jedi Knight

GTA San Andreas

KOTR 1 and 2

Xcom Enemy Unknown

Diablo II 

Diablo III 

Most times replayed Resident Evil 4 (I think its been 4 times everything else on the list is twice)

#6 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4259 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:33 AM

I keep a list of games I've played more than once here; pretty sure it's up to date. That list considers ports (Chrono Trigger, etc.) and remakes (mainly Cave Story and Halo) as replays, so hopefully those count? Out of all those, the one I've played through the most has been Final Fantasy VII, for a total of four times.

As far as time spent with a game, I've played over 450 hours of Tropico 4, including DLC maps and the Modern Times expansion. I also put well over 300 hours into Animal Crossing: Wild World over the course of about a year. There's probably one or two others...

#7 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3012 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:08 PM

Final Fantasy I. I've played it through to completion at least 10-15 times on various platform versions. As soon as it hits the Wii U VC, I'll buy and play through it again.

Other games I've replayed alot are Final Fantasy Tactics, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 0-4, Starcraft, and Solitaire. Tons and tons of Solitaire.

#8 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2102 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:50 AM

For non multiplayer , I would say Metroid Prime

I do play a good bit of tf2 and plants vs zombies garden warfare.

I will edit this to add more once I get on the full site with a keyboard.

#9 Skizza306   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:47 AM

I run back through Chrono Trigger probably once every year or two.  Also easily the game I've played on the widest array of hardware, as I've completed it on SNES, PS1, PS2, PS3, Vita, DS, 3DS, and Android thanks to the various versions and different system's backwards compatibility.

I've also played through Star Fox 64 an ungodly amount of times (both on N64 and on 3DS) but that game is hella short and designed for many many playthroughs.  There was probably times as a child when I played through Star Fox 64 8 or 10 times in a single weekend.  

I also have no idea how many times I've played through Resident Evil 2, but there was one whole summer I think after 7th grade when I was playing through it over and over again to see how fast I could finish (my best time wound up just a little under 2 hours) so that would probably be very high on the list as well, although I don't think I've really played it since that summer.  Certainly not any time in the past decade or so.  

#10 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11168 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:04 PM

Many... I've played each Mass Effect game at least like 7 times. Other games I've played 2 or 3 times, off the top of my head, Dragon Age 1 and 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Dead Space, BioShock 2, Kingdoms of Amalur, Alice Madness Returns. Probably a lot of others as well. Many for achievements, but some just purely for fun. Mass Effect games never get old no matter how many times I play them. :)

Back before the last couple of generations, I didn't tend to play campaigns more than once, instead I would take games like Final Fantasy VI, Secret of Mana, or Pokemon and just grind for dozens of hours to max everything.

#11 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:17 AM

Off the top of my head....

The Last of Us

Max Payne Series

Under a Killing Moon

Hitman

Deus Ex

Half Life 1 and 2

Uncharted Series

Bio Shock 1 and 2

Resident Evil 2 and 4

#12 bkjohns1   Persona! CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:32 PM

Back in the day on the Apple //c I played a lot of Oregon Trail, Karateka, Sid Meier's Pirates!, and Wings of Fury

Diablo II

Every now and then I will replay Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy Tactics

Metal Gear Solid 1-3 I replayed immediately after finishing to either unlock the bandana, stealth suit, and tuxedo or collect the dog tags.

Resistance I replayed immediately upping the difficulty each time

I wish I had more time to replay other games.  As it is I don't have the time to play half of the games I already own.

#13 ThatAwesome1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1455 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

ThatAwesome1

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:08 AM

Mirror's Edge

Guacamelee! (both editions I guess)

Rogue Legacy

Bioshock

Smash Bros. series

Legend of Zelda games

Pokémon games

Rockband/Guitar Hero series

These are all the games I've gone back and played a few times, each for their own reasons.  Some are just fun to play story-wise, and others I get a kick out of just jumping in and playing for a bit (mostly Smash Bros. and the music games).

#14 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12807 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:03 PM

I probably beat Chrono Trigger the most out of any game. The re-playabilty of that game is off the charts. Getting all the endings, weapons, and secrets was great. My original SNES version was maxed out at lvl 99. But as of the last decade I very rarely will do a second run-through. The only game I can think of in recent memory is The Walking Dead. Just not enough time and I'd rather just jump into a diffrent game.

Honorable mentions with at least 3 or more play throughs are:

Secret of Mana

Mega Man 2

Castlevania SotN

Suikoden

Resident Evil

Metal Gear Solid 1 & 3

#15 alfaflyt   CAG CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:44 PM

Games I've played through at least five times over the years, some many more. Some of the Mega Man games I speed run. Mega Man 2 (probably 100+ times), Mega Man 4 and 9, Mega Man X 1 2 and 4, Mega Man Zero 3 and 4, Super Metroid, Metroid Zero Mission, FF VI ( currently playing again on GBA), FFVII, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario 3, Super Mario World, Zelda ALttP, Zelda links awakening, Castlevania SotN, Dark Souls 1 and 2, God of War 2 and 3,  Metal Gear Solid 1(currently playing on PSN) 2 and 3, Ratchet and Clank (first one at least five times, the rest at least twice), and I'm sure that's not all but I can't think of anymore right now.  It's always great to go back to the classics. Sure, partly because nostalgia, but mostly because they're great games. Also being cheap I don't buy a lot of games day one, so while waiting on price drops I'll replay something I know I'll enjoy. I'm sure that I'll go back to more recent games in the future. I've been thinking about replaying Darksiders, Metal Gear Rising, and Red Dead Redemption recently. 

#16 hollams   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:21 PM

Since I started playing in 3D I've tried to go back to some older titles that I finished previously and they look really awesome in 3D and it feels like a new experience.

Shadow Warrior

Bulletstorm

Lara Croft

Dead Space 2 & 3

Dirt 3

#17 ygoloib  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:31 PM

Dreamcast-power stone because I had one vmu so constantly deleted game saves but enjoyed replaying
Ps2-mg3 because those games are made to replay over & over (always found new things)
Ps3-mgs4 same as mgs3

#18 el swordo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1734 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:31 AM

The only game I've played multiple times in the last 10 years or so is second son to the tropy for good and evil.   Otherwise I treat it like books i just don't care enough to play the same game twice (except for the harry potter series)

#19 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:41 AM

Multiple play throughs:

Streets of Rage 2

Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

Ninja Gaiden: Black

Ninja Gaiden 2

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Mafia

Max Payne

Gears of War

Mass Effect

Mass Effect 2

The Darkness

Resident Evil 5

Bioshock

Infamous

Batman Arkham Asylum

Dead Space

Devil May Cry 4

God of War

God of War 2

Uncharted

#20 TiktaaLink  

TiktaaLink

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

After college and grad school (and now kids) I've seemed to gravitate toward handheld consoles (and lots of ported games on them), probably due to limited amounts of time.  I think this generation of consoles (PS4, Wii U, Xbone) will be the first to see me not buy one.  My entertainment center is starting to look like a time warp back to the mid-90s.

My two most-played games of all time would have to be The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past and Final Fantasy II (IV in Japan) and their various ports.

Multiple playthroughs and I still go back to:

PC

- Doom - Collector's Edition

- Starflight 2

- The Oregon Trail

NES

- Batman

- Castlevania

- Crystalis

- Final Fantasy I

- Contra

- Journey to Silius

- The Legend of Zelda

- Life Force

- Mega Man II

- Super Spike V'Ball

- TMNT

- Wizards & Warriors

- Zelda II

SNES

- The 7th Saga

- Chrono Trigger

- Earthbound

- Lagoon

- Lufia and the Fortress of Doom

- Lufia II - Rise of the Sinistrals

- NBA Jam TE (usually only when a buddy can play 2P)

- Secret of Mana

- Sunset Riders

- Super Ghouls & Ghosts

- Super Mario Kart

- Super Mario World

- Super Punch-Out!!

Master System

- Golden Axe Warrior

- Golvellius: Valley of Doom

- Miracle Warriors: Seal of the Dark Lord

- Phantasy Star

- Pro Wrestling

- Rambo: First Blood Part II

- Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap

Genesis

- NHL Hockey (Just to play as the MN North Stars again)

- Phantasy Star III

- Sonic The Hedgehog

- Starflight

- Streets of Rage

GBA

- Double Dragon Advance

- Final Fantasy VI Advance (this took over my FF III on SNES)

- Golden Sun

- The Legend of Zelda - ALttP / Four Swords

- Phantasy Star Collection

Nintendo DS

- Dragon Quest V

- Tetris DS

PSP

- Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (my go-to and most-played port of FF II SNES)

Nintendo 3DS

- The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time 3D

- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call

Xbox 360

- Rock Band 3 (only when multi-player parties happen)

#21 ludus   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   646 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:24 PM

Super Mario Bros 

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3

Batman (NES)

Donkey Kong Country

Super Mario World

Super Mario 64

GTA III

GTA VC

GTA SA

GTA IV

GTA V

WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain

WWF No Mercy

and many more I'm sure. 

#22 indef  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:06 AM

I rotate through the usual suspects on PC rather often (Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, HoMM 3, Sim City 4, Baldur's Gate, assorted Infocom text adventures).  The only game I regularly return to on the older consoles is SSX 3.  

#23 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20771 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:52 AM

Hmmmm, I used to be all console until around college and our consoles didn't tend to last.  Nintendo broke, Super Nintendo was stolen, etc.

So the stuff I have left now tends to be PC and PS2 and PS3.

The ones lately I've played multiple times:

The Walking Dead Season 1

Sleeping Dogs

Sniper Elite V2

And if we're counting like MP games then I replay the crap out of the 2K series, Killing Floor, Infestation.

I've played a ton of Nation Red too along with Everyday Genius.  I go back to those the most often.  

For storybased games nowadays I tend to be one and done.  

#24 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:04 AM

time and eternity

battlefield 4

call of duty ghost

cal of duty advance warfare

#25 UnderFire  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:08 AM

MGS3
God of War 1 2 3
Red dead revolver
Gta San Andreas
Yoshi's Island
Gen 3 pokemon
Need for speed prostreet
Gran turismo 4
Smash bros melee
Battlefield bad company 1 and 2
Cod WaW, mw2 and mw3
Skate 1 2 and 3
Tony Hawk 4, underground 1 and 2
RE4
Mercs 2
Mat Hoffman BMX
Jurassic park operation genesis
GUN

That's about it for games I've finished multiple times.

#26 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2163 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:28 AM

Pokemon red
Pokemon yellow
Super marios bros 1 2 3
Super mario kart
Street fighter 2
donkey kong country 1 2
....this will be a long retro list.. I'm too lazy

#27 Leftykins  

Leftykins

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:44 AM

Single-player:

Borderlands

Dragon Age 2

Halo: CE

Halo 2

Halo 3

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Mass Effect 2

Super Mario World

The Last of Us 

Tomb Raider (2013)

Multiplayer:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Halo 2

Halo 3 (3000+ hours)

Halo: Reach

Monday Night Combat

#28 KrazieVII   Just Win Baby! CAG in Training   11 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

KrazieVII

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:06 AM

Single Player:

Fallout 1,2,3 and New Vegas 

Skyrim

Borderlands 1 & 2

Madden ( 08 - 15)

Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment-

Ghost Recon AW,AW2 and FS

Mortal Kombat (1-9)

Chromehounds

Ninja Gaiden (Sigma and Sigma 2)

Saints Row (1-IV)

Multiplayer:

Halo 1,2,3,3 ODST,Wars,Reach and 4

Call Of Duty 4,WaW,MW2,BO,MW3,BOII and Ghosts

Battlefield BC and BC2

Destiny

GTAV

Gears of War (1-3)

Red Dead Redemption

#29 equistina  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

Only ones that come to mind right now are Orcarina of time and pokemon

#30 raul71   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:39 PM

For me it's always the following:

Vitual pro wrestling 1 and 2
Metal slug (any version)
Fire emblem (any version)
Megaman x collection
Blaster master (Nes or 3ds)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gaming, Game favs, retro gaming, Top games