Attention Gamer Nerds going to SDCC 2015: Tickets now on sale for a Nintendo approved Zelda Symphony Event!

jeffcrazy

CAGiversary!
http://www.ticketmaster.com/the-legend-of-zelda-symphony-of-san-diego-california-07-11-2015/event/0A004E4D911D1E36?artistid=1741094&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=53&tm_link=search_msg-0_0A004E4D911D1E36

(or if you hate Ticketmaster fees, and who doesn't, try your luck  through the Jacobs Music Center Ticket Office (619.235.0804) Once the Ticket Office allotment has been exhausted, Ticketmaster will be the only remaining source of tickets.

These just went live for Saturday July 11 (San Diego Comic-Con weekend) - cheapest 2 tickets was like $117.   There's a 15% off promo code somewhere out there but I kept finding different ones and couldn't make one work so I gave up.   Please add it if you find it!

This is also a national tour if you're interested but not going to SDCC.

http://zelda-symphony.com/schedule

That being said, if you haven't heard of this, check out this epic description.   oh, and BTW, there's a weird footnote stating the San Diego Symphony does NOT perform at this event.  Read the descrition and you will sort of get it - but if they're just playing mp3's through speakers I'll be mad LOL 

Designed to be a journey as epic and thrilling as the Legend itself, The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses presents the music of this celebrated franchise with all-new arrangements directly approved by franchise producer Eiji Aonuma and Nintendo composer and sound director Koji Kondo (Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda).

Featuring a first in video game concert history, The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses has been arranged and programmed with classical sensibilities in mind, organizing the music of this beloved franchise into a complete, 4 movement symphony, worthy of the Hero of Hyrule himself.

PROGRAM

ACT I
•Overture

INTERLUDES
•Gerudo Valley
•Boss Battle Medley
•Suite from Majora's Mask
•A Link Between Worlds

THE SYMPHONY
•Prelude ~ The Creation of Hyrule
•Movement I ~ Ocarina of Time
•Movement II ~ The Wind Waker

ACT II
•Intermezzo ~ Great Fairy's Fountain
•Movement III ~ Twilight Princess
•Movement IV ~ Time of the Falling Rain
•Finale

Here's the Symphony's official page for this:
http://purchasing.sandiegosymphony.org/single/eventDetail.aspx?p=4982

I felt the need to post this and think I posted to the appropriate place, but if this should be in a different section of the forums please move it there! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw it a year or two ago in Boston. It was really good and I'd recommend it.

It would probably be bigger and more epic than usual at SDCC, but there is so much going on at SDCC that if you are able to see it elsewhere you may want to do it then and try to do San Diego only events while at SDCC.

So what does this have to do with gaming deals? Shouldnt this go in like the nintendo thread, or general gaming, or off topic? At the very least its a regional deal, this does no one any good unless they will be in san diego.

And where is this DEAL at?

I saw the Symphony in Boston a couple weeks ago....awesome experience! Highly recommend it
I saw the first and second one in Boston but forgot it was coming back and missed the 3rd :( Incredible experience though

So what does this have to do with gaming deals? Shouldnt this go in like the nintendo thread, or general gaming, or off topic? At the very least its a regional deal, this does no one any good unless they will be in san diego.

And where is this DEAL at?
STFU mr_hat.

Back in the early 90s I read in a Famitsu magazine that an Orchestral Game Music Concert featuring Zelda songs was scheduled to perform but unfortunately it was in Japan and I had always wanted to go to one since then. I recently went to Symphony of the Goddesses this January.

It is a 2 hour (with intermission) full orchestra with choir and there is a monitor hanging in the middle synced to the song pieces performed from A Link to the Past ~ A Link Between Worlds (I don't think they played any of the pre 3DS handheld releases). This was right before the release of Majora's Mask for 3DS which they showed some exclusive footage of while performing songs from Majora's Mask. For some reason there were no programs and the last Zelda I played thoroughly was Ocarina of Time on N64 so the footage helped guide me on unfamiliar themes. My favorites were The Dark World, Zelda's Lullaby, Ocarina of Time opening, and Great Fairy's Fountain.

Tickets range from $40 to a VIP package for $125 (meet the producers and a limited edition poster, which was different from the one they sold out front). They also sold T-shirts, concert soundtrack, music sheet book (this sold out quick), and Link to the Past for 3DS. Some people attended in cosplay, this is what I experienced so your mileage may vary.

bread's done
Back