* * * * * 3 votes

Show your build!

#61 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10585 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:03 PM

Not really my thing, but cleaned up mine and built some more PC's. Mostly continuous upgrades and holdovers from previous builds.

Crappy pics inbound...

Mine:
Cosair Air 540
i5-4690K (@4.4Ghz currently)
Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Asus Z97-AR
16GB AMD R7 1866 DDR3
SLI EVGA GTX 970
240GB Silicon Power S60 SSD
5TB Toshiba PH3500U-1I72
2TB WD Black
Rosewill CAPSTONE-750-M PSU
Corsair AF140/SP120 Purple LED fans
UV LED strip

3j2jpRG.jpg?1
L2Wez5p.jpg?1

Fiancee:
Fractal Node 804
i5-4590
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (w/GELID FN-PX12-15 Fan)
Asus H97M-Plus
8GB G.SKILL 1333 DDR3
XFX R9 280
120GB PNY XLR8 SSD
1TB Samsung Spinpoint
Corsair CX750M PSU
Corsair SP120 Purple LED fans
Pink LED strip

NRIhgsz.jpg?1

#62 ya_boy_mario   mycologist. CAGiversary!   539 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

ya_boy_mario

Posted 17 April 2016 - 05:58 AM

tech refresh coming soon.

im taking on 4k!

got a business trip so i sadly i wont finish it up till a couple weeks from now. but boy am i stoked for this.

IMG_20160416_2122051_zpsyu9qqeas.jpg

#63 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:14 AM

I didn't build this...  some guy in Mexico did.  It's only half as cool as the guys above me, but it gets the job done...

1458657251429_zpsabpaamzj.jpg

HP's sorry ass excuse of a top of the line gaming desktop, the Envy Phoenix.  The inside is a mess and a pain in the ass to upgrade/add-on.  It could have been bigger and I would have been fine with that if it meant better cable management and accessibility.  Also the fan on the power supply was hitting a cable making an annoying noise...  had to poke around in there with a screw driver and move it out of the way.  Also their customer service is god awful.  If I hadn't got a damn good deal on this thing ($1,500) it would have definitely gone back.  Anyway here's how it looks in my HT set-up (far right).

1458657229467_zpslyhvyh8t.jpg

After tinkering around with it I am happy with how it performs.  I upgraded to a 1TB SSD, in addition to the 2x 2TB HDDs, which I think I will set-up in raid soon.

Specs_zpspkggujvq.jpg

I was gonna wait until the next gen GeForce cards came out and build something but the deal was a no brainer as my previous PC was packing a GTX 660.

#64 kenwatanabe   more human than human CAGiversary!   2226 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

kenwatanabe

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:12 PM

I like that keyboard, what is it?

#65 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11424 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:23 PM

I didn't build this...  some guy in Mexico did.  It's only half as cool as the guys above me, but it gets the job done...

[...]

HP's sorry ass excuse of a top of the line gaming desktop, the Envy Phoenix.  The inside is a mess and a pain in the ass to upgrade/add-on.

Heavens!  That looks like the HP boys put a bunch of computer parts in a bag and shook it really hard.  Glad it works nicely for you though and you're happy with the price -- you only have to see the insides when you want to.

#66 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:36 PM

1458657251429_zpsabpaamzj.jpg

HP's sorry ass excuse of a top of the line gaming desktop, the Envy Phoenix.  The inside is a mess and a pain in the ass to upgrade/add-on.  It could have been bigger and I would have been fine with that if it meant better cable management and accessibility.  Also the fan on the power supply was hitting a cable making an annoying noise...  had to poke around in there with a screw driver and move it out of the way.  Also their customer service is god awful.  If I hadn't got a damn good deal on this thing ($1,500) it would have definitely gone back.  Anyway here's how it looks in my HT set-up (far right).

1458657229467_zpslyhvyh8t.jpg

After tinkering around with it I am happy with how it performs.  I upgraded to a 1TB SSD, in addition to the 2x 2TB HDDs, which I think I will set-up in raid soon.

Specs_zpspkggujvq.jpg

I was gonna wait until the next gen GeForce cards came out and build something but the deal was a no brainer as my previous PC was packing a GTX 660.

The outside looks nice.  How many fans does it have?  I only see one, maybe two?  And what's the CPU cooler like?  Can that be upgraded?  

#67 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11424 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:11 PM

Judging from the tubes, the CPU looks like it's water cooled with some sort of HP-branded unit.  I'd imagine you could put in a different cooler but I don't really see room for a larger radiator so I'm not sure what the point would be.  Still, just having the water unit instead of a stock fan cooler is nice.

#68 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:49 PM

Judging from the tubes, the CPU looks like it's water cooled with some sort of HP-branded unit. I'd imagine you could put in a different cooler but I don't really see room for a larger radiator so I'm not sure what the point would be. Still, just having the water unit instead of a stock fan cooler is nice.

Now that you mention it, I see the tubes. Have to say I'm impressed with HP for that one. I assume there's a fan on the back to exhaust the GPU heat too so I think that would be enough.

#69 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11424 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:42 PM

Assuming the PSU is located in back and the drive cage in front (which would make sense), it looks like there's one fan in front and the radiator/fan in back.  When I installed my water cooler, the recommendation was to have the fan pulling air in, rather than out, so cooler outside air would pull over the radiator instead of warmer air within the system.  I have a front fan also blowing in and a top mounted fan exhausting the heated air out.

I would guess that his front fan is pulling air in and his rear fan is blowing out over the radiator which may not be "optimal" but probably doesn't matter much anyway.  I don't see room for another fan unless he has a slotted top to the case he can put one into.  [Edit: Actually, I'm not even sure it has a front fan -- I don't see wires for one]

And, yeah, I was thrown off by the opening as well.  I'm so used to opening my case from the left that I was staring at his picture and wondering what sort of insane setup had the cage in back and the PSU and GPU up front :lol:

#70 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:55 PM

I like that keyboard, what is it?

Logitech Illuminated bluetooth wireless keyboard.  I really wanted a mechanical keyboard but I couldn't find a wireless full sized one at all so this was the best option for a wireless keyboard.  If I ever use this as a desktop (I think I will build a more compact HTPC in maybe 3 years) then I will get a true gaming mechanical keyboard and mouse.

#71 donjuan81   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   274 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:44 AM

my current PC:

i7-6700k GTX 1060

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wfRp2R

20160810_161751.jpg

my son's current PC (my old one):

FX-6300 R9 380

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wtxTCy

20160603_144420.jpg

note: i didn't bother with editing the prices on pcpartpicker of what i actually paid and son's PC pic hasn't been updated since GPU change.

#72 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:27 PM

Alright, so I think this is it for now for the Fox's computer and this is as good as my cable management will ever get:

ALexzHT.jpgtmjcDno.jpgSiMmssx.jpgKo4Kc94.jpg

I have two pics with computer off and two with on.

Here are my parts:

• MotherBoard: Gigabyte 970A-UD3P
  • CPU: AMD FX-6300
  • RAM: 16GB Team Dark Ram (2x8GB)
  • HARDDRIVE #1: WD Green 2TB
  • HARDDRIVE #2: Refurbished Hitachi Ultrastar 7200K 2GB
  • SSD #1: 240GB AMD (AMD Branded OCZ)
  • SSD #2: 64GB Kingston 
  • CPU COOLING: Coolermaster V8 (replaced fan with Cooler Master Blue LED)
  • GRAPHICS CARD: Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB
  • CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos II
  • PSU: XFX TS750
  • Case Cooling: A million blue LED Cooler Master fans (200mm Front Intake, 140mm Back Exhaust, 2x120mm Top, 2x120mm Side Panel. 2x120mm Drive Bay)

So I think this is it for a good while.  That refurb Hitachi (server pull) has been working very well for me, though I just store my Steam library on it.  I might get another one as it is almost full.

I upgraded the memory so I could use my old memory (4x2GB Kingston Hyper Blu) on a computer I am building for my brother in law.  I like the way the Team Dark memory looks and works, but I swear it is two different tones of blue.  I ordered the same stick but maybe a month apart. 

The V8 CPU cooler was used on ebay and I had to order the AMD mounting brackets from Cooler Master.  I replaced the red LED fan that came with it with a blue Cooler Master one.  My only mistake is it was one of the fans with the black plastic so the blue doesn't shine through the top like I would prefer.  That said, it'd get drowned out by all the other blue LED fans so it's not a big deal for me.  

I have a sit/stand station set up that I will try to take a picture of later.  

For the bottom I have:

• Samsung 940BW 19'' Monitor - This thing has been going strong for like 7 years now.
  • Kensington Slimline Keyboard (feels like laptop keys and great for typing)
  • Logitech G300S Mouse - this was a warranty replace for a G100S my brother got me for my birthday last year and I honestly prefer the G100S.  It had less buttons, but felt more solid and had a better scroll wheel, but Logitech had none to replace it so they "upgraded" me. 

For the top I have:

• Acer 23'' IPS Monitor
  • Eagletec Blue LED Mechanical Keyboard (Got this for like $27 bucks from Amazon Warehouse Deals.  Love it, though a little loud.  New it is only $49.99)
  • E-Blue Wireless Cobra Mouse - $6.99 shipped on Amazon and great mouse for the price. 

For sound I have a Nobsound 2.1 Mini Amp from ebay (great amp) hooked up to two Cerwin-Vega Bookshelf speakers I got from Goodwill ($10 for the pair).  The speakers are okay, but for only $10 I will replace them if I ever find anything better. 

For headphones I have:

• Plantronics Gamecom Commander - the PC cord is failing on this so I will relegate it to phone use.
  • Mad Catz F.R.E.Q.3 - $10 on Newegg and loving these so far.
  • Beats by Dre Studio Pro - Amazon glitch on these for $150.  Still overpriced, but nice headphones.
  • Klipsch Status Headphones - Got these at Marshall's for like $80 a few years back.  You can get them on Amazon for $90 I think and they are worth it IMO.  Look nice and sound great, not as bass heavy as the beats.
  • Nakamichi Bluetooth Headphones - got these for "free" with 100% back in SYWR points at Sears. $40 MSRP.  I'd say they are closer to $20 headphones, but they do sound nice and the bluetooth works well on them.  

#73 Fallout Vault Boy89  

Fallout Vault Boy89

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:47 AM

Alright, so I think this is it for now for the Fox's computer and this is as good as my cable management will ever get:

ALexzHT.jpgtmjcDno.jpgSiMmssx.jpgKo4Kc94.jpg

I have two pics with computer off and two with on.

Here are my parts:

• MotherBoard: Gigabyte 970A-UD3P
  • CPU: AMD FX-6300
  • RAM: 16GB Team Dark Ram (2x8GB)
  • HARDDRIVE #1: WD Green 2TB
  • HARDDRIVE #2: Refurbished Hitachi Ultrastar 7200K 2GB
  • SSD #1: 240GB AMD (AMD Branded OCZ)
  • SSD #2: 64GB Kingston 
  • CPU COOLING: Coolermaster V8 (replaced fan with Cooler Master Blue LED)
  • GRAPHICS CARD: Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB
  • CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos II
  • PSU: XFX TS750
  • Case Cooling: A million blue LED Cooler Master fans (200mm Front Intake, 140mm Back Exhaust, 2x120mm Top, 2x120mm Side Panel. 2x120mm Drive Bay)

So I think this is it for a good while.  That refurb Hitachi (server pull) has been working very well for me, though I just store my Steam library on it.  I might get another one as it is almost full.

I upgraded the memory so I could use my old memory (4x2GB Kingston Hyper Blu) on a computer I am building for my brother in law.  I like the way the Team Dark memory looks and works, but I swear it is two different tones of blue.  I ordered the same stick but maybe a month apart. 

The V8 CPU cooler was used on ebay and I had to order the AMD mounting brackets from Cooler Master.  I replaced the red LED fan that came with it with a blue Cooler Master one.  My only mistake is it was one of the fans with the black plastic so the blue doesn't shine through the top like I would prefer.  That said, it'd get drowned out by all the other blue LED fans so it's not a big deal for me.  

I have a sit/stand station set up that I will try to take a picture of later.  

For the bottom I have:

• Samsung 940BW 19'' Monitor - This thing has been going strong for like 7 years now.
  • Kensington Slimline Keyboard (feels like laptop keys and great for typing)
  • Logitech G300S Mouse - this was a warranty replace for a G100S my brother got me for my birthday last year and I honestly prefer the G100S.  It had less buttons, but felt more solid and had a better scroll wheel, but Logitech had none to replace it so they "upgraded" me. 

For the top I have:

• Acer 23'' IPS Monitor
  • Eagletec Blue LED Mechanical Keyboard (Got this for like $27 bucks from Amazon Warehouse Deals.  Love it, though a little loud.  New it is only $49.99)
  • E-Blue Wireless Cobra Mouse - $6.99 shipped on Amazon and great mouse for the price. 

For sound I have a Nobsound 2.1 Mini Amp from ebay (great amp) hooked up to two Cerwin-Vega Bookshelf speakers I got from Goodwill ($10 for the pair).  The speakers are okay, but for only $10 I will replace them if I ever find anything better. 

For headphones I have:

• Plantronics Gamecom Commander - the PC cord is failing on this so I will relegate it to phone use.
  • Mad Catz F.R.E.Q.3 - $10 on Newegg and loving these so far.
  • Beats by Dre Studio Pro - Amazon glitch on these for $150.  Still overpriced, but nice headphones.
  • Klipsch Status Headphones - Got these at Marshall's for like $80 a few years back.  You can get them on Amazon for $90 I think and they are worth it IMO.  Look nice and sound great, not as bass heavy as the beats.
  • Nakamichi Bluetooth Headphones - got these for "free" with 100% back in SYWR points at Sears. $40 MSRP.  I'd say they are closer to $20 headphones, but they do sound nice and the bluetooth works well on them.  

Nice computer but could use a r9 290 or a 390 in there, you plan on upgrading to Polaris or Pascal cards?

#74 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:31 PM

Nice computer but could use a r9 290 or a 390 in there, you plan on upgrading to Polaris or Pascal cards?

I have no immediate plans to upgrade. I think my current card would either have to fail or stop being capable of running games for me to upgrade.

#75 TheGreat   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

TheGreat

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:20 PM

Looks nice!

#76 GuessWhoAUS  

GuessWhoAUS

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:11 PM

Finally got time to actually post this! Great looking rigs everyone. I've gotten some nice little ideas here and there. This is my current rig. 

20150901_231806.jpg

CPU: i7 4790
Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula
GPU: Nvidia GTX780
RAM: Hyper X Fury series 16gb
HDD: Samsung 500gb SSD, x2 Kingston 240gb SSD
CPU: Corsair RM650
Pump/Res: XSPC Photon D5 270
WC Block, Plate and CPU Block: EK
Fans: x4 Noctua Redux 140mm
Radiator: A Black One
Case: Aerocool X-Predator "Avenger" Although its no longer called this due to I assume copyright haha
20160203_195843.jpg

Future upgrades are another 16gb of the Fury and install the EVGA GTX780 SC ASX 2.0 I have sitting here, including the EK block and plate. Apart from that I am happy enough with it until I can find a 1080 cheap enough that I can happily ply it apart first time i get it and water cool it. Or a second hand one. 

20150822_152454.jpg

And for an added bonus, this is my battlestation. Excuse the mess. I will get a better photo another time. 

20150901_231603.jpg

#77 headpiece747   I'm always angry CAGiversary!   2886 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

headpiece747

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:51 PM

Finally got time to actually post this! Great looking rigs everyone. I've gotten some nice little ideas here and there. This is my current rig. 

CPU: i7 4790
Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula
GPU: Nvidia GTX780
RAM: Hyper X Fury series 16gb
HDD: Samsung 500gb SSD, x2 Kingston 240gb SSD
CPU: Corsair RM650
Pump/Res: XSPC Photon D5 270
WC Block, Plate and CPU Block: EK
Fans: x4 Noctua Redux 140mm
Radiator: A Black One
Case: Aerocool X-Predator "Avenger" Although its no longer called this due to I assume copyright haha

Future upgrades are another 16gb of the Fury and install the EVGA GTX780 SC ASX 2.0 I have sitting here, including the EK block and plate. Apart from that I am happy enough with it until I can find a 1080 cheap enough that I can happily ply it apart first time i get it and water cool it. Or a second hand one. 

And for an added bonus, this is my battlestation. Excuse the mess. I will get a better photo another time. 

Holy crap this is a great looking system  :applause: really wish I had the guts to do watercooling because they are always the best looking system builds to me.

#78 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1829 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:26 AM

Since there was a call for builds:

CPU: i7 6700k
Mobo: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5
GPU: Asus Strix Nvidia GTX1080
RAM: Ballistix 32GB
HDD: Crucial 500GB SSD, Samsung 64GB SSD (for cache) both attached to back of motherboard
          1x old ass 1TB for random documents, 5TB Toshiba X300 7200RPM game drive
          3TB and 5TB Seagate USB3 drives for audio samples, movies and stuff
Sound Card: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7
Case: Fractal Design R5
Fans: Rear/Bottom/Front Fractal GP-14 140mm

Monitors: Asus VE247H and BENQ XL2411Z 144hz monitor
KB/M: Gigabyte Ghost M8000X, Razer Blackwidow mechanical
Noise Makers: KRK Rokit 6
                        Logitech G930 wireless headset
                        KRK KNS-8400
                        AKG K240 opens

other various controllers and what nots
llpoce7.jpg?1
FG7iB8J.jpg?1

Its kept underneath my desk so no good full shots, but I love that case. I like them subtle, but it has thick soundproof foam on all sides and is completely silent.  It was also my first case to finally have cable cleanup so it was a nice change from my 6-7year old thermaltake. So luckily even though it doesnt look great in this shot the only loose cables are the ones for the gpu, only looks bad cause they are flat but at least thin so not blocking anything and the ones on the right are routed behind
sxGsd6N.jpg?1

Also ignore the dust :)  At least the filters are clean since I cleaned when I did this build ~month ago, those side vents are hard to keep clean though, at least the rest is clean

#79 headpiece747   I'm always angry CAGiversary!   2886 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

headpiece747

Posted 09 July 2016 - 01:05 PM

GPU: Asus Strix Nvidia GTX1080
Sound Card: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7

Noise Makers: KRK Rokit 6
Logitech G930 wireless headset
KRK KNS-8400
AKG K240 opens

other various controllers and what nots

Great 1080 was saving up for it but changed my mind and bought other stuff. Looked up the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 because I would like a external solution for my turntables/pc this looks nice. I was going to buy the Cryorig H7 because they have one of the best looking coolers/fans in my opinion but the height wouldn't fit in the new case I bought. Another collector of headphones and those KRK Rokit 6 are the speakers I want for my setup some day.

Here are the headphones/headsets I currently have:
AIAIAI TMA-2 (main pc headphones)
Astro A50 (main console headphones)
Denon AH-D2000 (need to buy a new headband were the main ones)
Beats by Dre Studio First Gen (got these when they first came out and not as bad as everyone says but dont use much anymore)
Jaybird Bluebuds X (workout/yardwork go to)
Harman Kardon AE-S (retired after getting jaybirds)
SteelSeries Guild Wars 2 Headset (they were cheap but a little small for my ears but sound/mic is good enough)
Zalman Zm-Mic1 (use with headphones if I want to talk to people in games so not used much but great mic)

#80 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1829 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:56 PM

Yea I went with the cryorig since apparently its the new hotness for well performing not 100$ air coolers.  I ran an evo212 on my previous build which was also good but the cryorig runs just as well if not better while being smaller and quieter

I occasionally dabble in the audio stuff, thats why I have the scarlett, plus it has the right outputs for a set of speakers like the rokits.  The scarlett also is ios compliant which is nice so you can plug it into an ipad and use it with any of the audio apps on there as well

And on the rokits, they get a lot of crap in the audio community for being 'bass heavy' but honestly I dont really hear it. You can usually find them on really good discounts a couple times a year and with those discounts they are very hard to beat

#81 headpiece747   I'm always angry CAGiversary!   2886 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

headpiece747

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:31 PM

Yea I went with the cryorig since apparently its the new hotness for well performing not 100$ air coolers. I ran an evo212 on my previous build which was also good but the cryorig runs just as well if not better while being smaller and quieter

I occasionally dabble in the audio stuff, thats why I have the scarlett, plus it has the right outputs for a set of speakers like the rokits. The scarlett also is ios compliant which is nice so you can plug it into an ipad and use it with any of the audio apps on there as well

And on the rokits, they get a lot of crap in the audio community for being 'bass heavy' but honestly I dont really hear it. You can usually find them on really good discounts a couple times a year and with those discounts they are very hard to beat

Air coolers are the only way to go for me because had a bad experience with a AIO cooler that just stopped working and no guts to try watercooling. I currently use the Scythe Kotetsu but have a be quiet! Dark Rock TF to put in the new case.

Yeah I have seen the people talk about the KRK bass but wouldn't bother me either way because I listen to about 80% hip-hop. That Scarlett will now be on my future upgrade list after going through some reviews and finishing up my system (which will never happen because I am always looking at something to add to it).

#82 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1829 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:33 PM

Same here.  When I originally built my 2600k box ~6 years ago I was running water cooling in it. Apparently the pump/fan/whatever on the  cpu had died after a couple years and I really had no idea.  It was keeping it cool enough to not die but temps were much higher than what they should of been.  So after that I never wanted to go water again

The scarlett's are good options for price/performance. Anything beyond that and your lookin at double the price for maybe some better dacs that you probably wont even hear the difference. Alot less than that and your lookin at crappy driver support.  The scarletts come in enough models as well that you can usually match up to exactly what you need for input/output.  I could also suggest the NI Komplete audio cards, I used to run with an audio kontrol 1, but their driver support is hit or miss. Some people end up with static/crackling and thats existed in their cards for years. Mine had been fine for a long time and then started doing it

#83 ShadowEX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:28 AM

Finally cleaned the PC and took a picture. Here's the specs and guts.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.3 GHz 
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 
Primary Drive: Crucial M4 256GB SSD 
Secondary Drive: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD 
Optical Drive: LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray Burner IHBS112-04 
Memory: 24GB | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 2x4GB and KLEVV Fit 2x8GB 
Graphic Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Ti Classified ACX 2.0+ 
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 
Monitor: 29" LG 29UM67-P 21:9 UltraWide 
Case: Corsair Carbide 400R 
Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB - Cherry MX Silent 
Mouse: Logitech G9x 
Sound Card: ASUS Xonar U7 
Speakers: Logitech Z623 2.1 System 
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, Turtle Beach Ear Force P11

Spoiler

#84 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1829 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:54 AM

perty

I also like that fan you got in the back, I had 2 of those on my old case. Forgot the brand but I remember I thought they were pretty good

#85 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11424 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:05 AM

Cougar Vortex fans.  Those are my go-to case fans for the sweet spot in performance-quiet-price

#86 luan87us   I am cheap! CAGiversary!   1839 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:39 PM

I've recently switched from the console army back into the PC Master Race world. Here my latest build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6 GHz water cooled by Corsair H100i V2
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger 
Primary Drive: Samsung 850 Pro 250GB SSD 
Secondary Drive: WD Blue 1TB HDD
Memory: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3000MHz DDR4
Graphic Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC Edition
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 G2
Monitor: 27" BenQ XL2720Z 144hz
Case: In Win 303
Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB 
Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma
Speakers: Harman/Kardon Soundstick Wireless III 
Headphones: AKG K550, Skullcandy PLYR1 Wireless Gaming Headset

PS: Not sure how to post image. Here's a link to it: http://www.overclock.../display_order/

#87 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11424 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:46 PM

Looks nice!  Very tidy.

#88 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:55 PM

That does indeed look nice.  I also like the speakers.  Heard good things about those but my current set up is not futuristic enough to pull that look off. 

#89 luan87us   I am cheap! CAGiversary!   1839 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:54 PM

My next upgrade will be custom hard pipes Waterloop. Hopefully that will bring out even more awesomeness from my case.

#90 headpiece747   I'm always angry CAGiversary!   2886 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

headpiece747

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:33 AM

Now after getting everything close to where I want it I am thinking I should drop down to a mid tower case because there is so much wasted space now.

So back again with more upgrades I might have a problem.

Here are my last two cases compared to the new one (Caselabs Bullet BH7) so small but fits full ATX and PSU:

texGoRk.jpg

Most of the components were used from my other build but here is the new stuff I thought I was going to cram in there.

be quiet! Dark Rock TF

Raijintek Aeolus Beta 120mm 13mm fans x2

be quiet!  Pure Wings 2 120mm 25mm fans x2

Insignia 80mm 25mm fans x2

Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 white psu cables:

HxZnJB4.jpg

Here is the bottom compartment of the case with everything cram in there that is the best I could do with the cable management need to get shorter cables and had been up for 24 hours the day I was building. Also hacked up my NZXT Hue 5.25 lighting to fit:

mtxqna8.jpg

Here is a right shot of the case with top off my bad for the crappy photo but had no sleep:

4tApc3S.jpg

Top shot from the right side. Really like how the be quiet! Dark Rock TF looks:

j5JQMx0.jpg

Left side of the case:

OtYVyzf.jpg

Left side from the top of the case and the Gigabyte 980ti G1 is too damn long:

f80Novk.jpg

Shot with the lights on and you are not seeing things no fan in the front by the gpu because it would not fit:

onzKNm0.jpg

Here is a shot of the case and the other new additions I got with it.

Rockville APMW white studio monitors

Glorious PC Gaming Race white XXL mouse mat

Creative Sound Blaster X G5

Xbox One Controller white:

6hplNo8.jpg

Closer shot of the setup:

jlGUMj3.jpg

So that is it for now really like the case and size is great but my gpu is so gigantic in it so that might be my next upgrade because temps are higher than I like without the other front fan.