* * * * * 3 votes

Show your build!

#121 headpiece747   I'm always angry CAGiversary!   2880 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

headpiece747

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:50 AM

SeasonalCAG PC Photo Dump:

Will come back and post long drawn out statements for each picture later...

New component list:
Intel Core i7-7700K
Asus TUF Z270 MARK 1
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI FOUNDERS EDITION
SeaSonic PRIME 750W 80+ Titanium

The only box that should have been here was the 1080 Ti because I bought that to upgrade my 980 Ti. Didn't need it at all but new shiny things always attract me. My PC decided to take a crap on me and was just BSOD and I tried everything that I could found on the internet. It was a different BSOD everytime so I started to look at hardware took apart and tested everything I could. Come to find out it could have been a custom PSU 24pin cable. So instead of just buying a new PSU to test I just bought a new CPU, MOBO and PSU because those could be the culprit also.

DRe5H6z.jpg

Shot of the inside and I turned off all of the leds.

Gaot055.jpg

Shot of the inside on the other side. Need to get rid of those red memory sticks that will be the next upgrade after I swallow the extra money I wasn't trying to spend.

hfFsrnF.jpg

Closeup of 1080 Ti might Frankenstein it like I did with the 980 TI for better temps later on.

PIoRT30.jpg

New protector of the case.

8f0FhEO.jpg

All the protectors of the case.

gN74Bpl.jpg

Shot of the case all closed up and might get a white led strip for the window later on to look inside and figure out what to upgrade next I have a problem.

xUV4jIJ.jpg

#122 osugsxr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

My $2,400.00 build sits there and I never use it lol.  Fail

I spent about $1300 for everything on my first gaming pc build. I shopped around and purchased majority of my items at micro center, gtx 1080 off a friend for about $300, I had the hard drives sitting around doing nothing. It was fun building it for sure and I'd probably do it again.

i7 6700k

evg clc 280

z170 m5 

16gb ddr4

samsung 850 ssd 500gb

2tb hdd

gtx 1080 ftw

nzxt s340

cxm 750w psu

dell s2716dg 1440p 144hz monitor

#123 maryadavies  

maryadavies

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:56 AM

I'll come back and add internal pics/closeup pics later, but my (custom) gamer pc is:

I5 3750k

16 gb of ram (DDR3)

1TB Seagate hdd (nothing fancy here. Been thinking about going to a 2 or 3 tera and maybe getting a SSD as money allows, but right now due to a teeth emergency (I had to get a tooth pulled!), money's a bit tight and will be for a few months.)

Seasonic 520W psu

Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

Windows 10 (of course)

M3MgwJe.jpg

Case pic; It's a Corsair of course. Sorry about the mess, I need to pick up and vacuum. (We just got our vacuum fixed too; I'm planning on getting some kinda container to put my yarn in. (I ish a knitter too, and I swear we got a kitty around here.))  The basket on the top is the controller/cord corral; and yes I have my 3DS on top of that all the time.

mssIw5l.jpg

Here's the inside of it. I thought I cleaned it with some nearby canned air when I put in the new card, but it's still dirty. I have two case fans; I'll get my electric duster later on and let it have it. Yes, air cooled, that's nothing really fancy shamancy, but I do like having extra case fans b/c my first build fried b/c I put in a Voodoo 3 without enough cooling, oops.. (I was young and stupid then)

My monitor is my TV, if you saw the pics earlier in the Post Your Collection thread, you'd know that..Space is REALLY REALLY tight in my room (it's almost a walk in closet) so I cannot have a monitor and a tv, so I went with a tv. I need to scrounge around and see if I can find my extra HDMI cable though; I recently upgraded the video card from a Geforce 650 to what's in the list, I felt it was time. But it also means I can use a full size hdmi cable now, if I could figure out where I put it.. (Instead of a adapter cable that goes from monitor main input to hdmi)

Anyway res is 1920X1040, the tv is a JVC EM32FL. Is a HD TV but is not near 4K at all. Not going to bother upgrading until it breaks. I also use a DS3 via USB for my joypad, just in case anyone needs to know that. I also use a wireless network card that I ain't getting rid of until the standards change.

Hopefully this build'll last me a few more years before I need to drop in a new mb and stuff. My brother is very nice about helping me with building pcs when I need to do it.

#124 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20842 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:55 PM

I'll come back and add internal pics/closeup pics later, but my (custom) gamer pc is:

I5 3750k

16 gb of ram (DDR3)

1TB Seagate hdd (nothing fancy here. Been thinking about going to a 2 or 3 tera and maybe getting a SSD as money allows, but right now due to a teeth emergency (I had to get a tooth pulled!), money's a bit tight and will be for a few months.)

Seasonic 520W psu

Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

Windows 10 (of course)

How do you like the 1060?  My brother in law is wanting to get one.  Nice and quiet with little heat I assume?  

#125 maryadavies  

maryadavies

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

Yep. Nice and quiet, very little heat. I didn't think I'd be able to go up that high at first, but I found out otherwise. (I'd have to upgrade the PSU to go beyond that though.) Also just so you know, yes that's the stock fan. I don't tend to overclock my stuff, so that's fine, I think anyway.

Not sorry I bought it. I didn't even know that in XIV, the final boss in Weeping City had legs that sparkled until I got that card! I could NOT use DirectX11 with my old card either; FFXIV would have random crashes if I tried and it just made things darker. I'm really loving the new card as it is. ^_^ It's quite a improvement over my 650.

Oh and this should show the current idle temps, if you're curious. I wasn't playing a game at the moment I did that.

BTW, finally got around to really getting it with my electric duster. I must of gotten out three small dust bunnies (ugh ugh, I try to blast it every 2-3 months or so)..I know from experience that dust ain't good for pcs, so I try to keep it cleaned out. Don't remember when last I cleaned it before I got the new card, so it was def time!

[Edit] AH HA! I finally found my spare HDMI cable. Changed cables, hopefully I won't ever have to reach for the remote again (that was the quibble I had with the adapter cable) and I have the option of using my wireless headphones if I don't want to sit right in front of the screen. (I have a headset so I can't use the wireless headphones all the time, but I like having the option!)

#126 leelee_gayah   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

leelee_gayah

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:41 AM

mine's potato ram.

aEzroRN_700b.jpg