EA Access is stepping it up

mchittumjr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
EA Access has really stepped it up the last few months with adding Madden 15, NBA Live 15, and UFC in the last few months to go along with the other 6 games it offers currently. 10% off digital downloads and add on material. Throw in 6 hour trials of NHL 15, Fifa 15, and Dragon Age. Don't forget the 10 hour trial of Battlefield Hardline starting Thursday and this is by far worth $30 a year if you like sports games. 

I was skeptical of this at first, because who wants to play the 2015 version of Madden when the 2016 version is out, but with them adding 15 to the vault 5+ months before 16 comes out EA Access became a no brainer for me. If they stick to their current format I would think NHL 15 and Fifa 15 will be added to the vault in the next 2-3 months. 

Keep up the good work EA!

Last edited by a moderator:
pineriverrun.jpg

Although I don't use it as much as I thought I would, I'll probably renew it as long as the price doesn't double or whatever. Pretty solid value.

I likely will as well. If the price remains the same, I'll likely refrain from buying any of the winter sports titles and just wait for them to show up in the Vault. 

I have been enjoying EA Access. I'm not a big fan of sports games like Football. But I do like to play from time to time just to take a break from shooters and such.

NHL 15 is now in the vault, which is really nice since the playoffs are starting this week.
I already own the game, but it will be nice not to have to put the disc in.

Very good version of the game, although a lot of people were bent about some of the online features that were left out.
None of those were anything that I ever used, so I wasn't really affected. I just enjoy beating up on the AI, and the game is ideal for that.

Bumping this since Dragon Age has been added, and most people are right up against their year subscription expiring. I actually renewed it as I've been using it quite a bit lately. 30 bucks a year is nothing. Assuming that Hardline will get added shortly after Christmas, as Dragon age is about 9 months old.

Rumor is they are working with MS to get a bunch of the 360 games added to the vault once BC is available for everyone. That would be a pretty solid incentive.

yeah, I really enjoyed my EA Access.  Between the free hours in new games and all the stuff in the vault, it's keeping me pretty happy with the yearly sub fee.  

Does EA access include all of the DLC for Battlefield 4?
I'm guessing it just offers it at a discount, right

Google didn't really confirm an answer.
Just got an Xbone, but already bought BF4 premium for PS4 last year.
So just wondering. Thanks in advance

Does EA access include all of the DLC for Battlefield 4?
I'm guessing it just offers it at a discount, right

Google didn't really confirm an answer.
Just got an Xbone, but already bought BF4 premium for PS4 last year.
So just wondering. Thanks in advance
Just the discount. You get 10% off all DLC and digital games.
They did offer the Second Assault DLC for free, but it was only for a limited time. I'm guessing that down they line they'll do that again (and this time make it a permanent freebie). Once the game gets old enough and they're not making any significant money off DLC they'll probably do it.

They actually had a survey this week when I opened the app asking on a scale of 1-10 how likely you would be to recommend it to a friend. After that it asked why the rating you selected by choosing three of 10 or 12 answers.

I ended up giving it an 8 or 9. Then two negative answers and one positive.

I think my negatives were that trials were too short and the 10% wasn't enough. My positive was that the selection of games or overall value was good.

I'll call it now and predict April. What better time than right around The Masters?
That makes sense. I just figured it would be sooner since Madden hit in January or February last year didn't it? I wish they offered EA Access on PS4. I know it's Sony's fault they don't but still I would keep EA Access if they had it on both. I bought it to try the service and actually like it really well it's just I barely play my Xbox One and Wii U, mostly just exclusives.

Madden was in February right after the Super Bowl. In the leadup to the Super Bowl, they offered a $20 download version that also came w/3 free Elite MUT Legend cards and a 10-pack MUT bundle on both platforms. I traded my disk copy in to buy that version on PS4 and it cost me nothing but the time to download over DSL for a bunch of free MUT stuff.

In the same boat wishing whatever problem EA and Sony has would get fixed so we could get EA Access on PS4.

Madden was in February right after the Super Bowl. In the leadup to the Super Bowl, they offered a $20 download version that also came w/3 free Elite MUT Legend cards and a 10-pack MUT bundle on both platforms. I traded my disk copy in to buy that version on PS4 and it cost me nothing but the time to download over DSL for a bunch of free MUT stuff.

In the same boat wishing whatever problem EA and Sony has would get fixed so we could get EA Access on PS4.
I guess everything that's in there currently save Titanfall could make their way to EA Access on the PS4, don't you think?

So if your playing a game trail of one of the newer games do the achievements unlock or does that happen after you buy the game?

When there's a deal on xbl for EA games does the discount  for EA Access stack with it 

For those with poor internet connections like me, but also have access to disks, if you are a member & download the app, you can install the physical game, & the XB1 will automatically change the physical install to an all digital one once you patch the game!

So in other words if you have access to a physical copy of a game in the Vault, you don't have to download it!

I dont see why people dont get it, I've had it about a week or so and am loving it great investment for my $30

bread's done
Back