The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Blu-ray/DVD)(UV Digital Copy)+Bonus CinemaNow Digital Code(SteelBook) (Only @ BB) for $24.99

MochaRaf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey guys,

Decided to make an own topic for this since I am not sure how long the system will allow orders to go through, figured this is the best way to let you guys know about it since I've been trying to order this version for days and it kept getting removed after I placed my order telling me it was sold out. The website appears to be allowing in-store pickup orders to go through again as of this morning. For those of you who love Steelbooks and are looking to buy Five Armies, this might be a great time to place an order since its on sale for the same price as the regular bluray, not to mention the fact you'll be able to avoid having to wait outside of the store during release day to pickup a copy. Aside from the Steelbook, this edition also comes with an extra digital code from CinemaNow that will be emailed to you within 30 minutes. Not sure why they send the code immediately and not when the item actually gets shipped/picked up, but who am I to argue with Best Buy logic. Anyways, just a heads up for those late comers like myself that didn't pre-order it right away. If this is something you want to pick up, I suggest you try to put in an order as soon as possible before the system starts blocking them again due to the item being in high demand.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Blu-ray/DVD)(UV Digital Copy) (SteelBook) (Only @ Best Buy)
Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies-blu-ray-dvduv-digital-copy-steelbook-only--best-buy/2119177.p?id=3330917&skuId=2119177

P.S. A portion of products are always set aside for store sales, even if it's a popular item that sells out rather quickly online. Once you have placed an order and received an order confirmation number, the store should set aside a copy for you even if the system wasn't supposed to allow anymore in-store pickup orders since they want to dedicated a small portion of the store copies to the floor for walk-ins. Should your order end up getting cancelled since the product is classified as a "high demand" item, BB is not very likely to revoke the CinemaNow digital code, and you may even end up getting a promotional code.

I guess BestBuy gets a small cut if the digital copy is redeemed on CinemaNow or something because they did this offer on Mockingjay. When I took advantage of this offer on Mockingjay I was able to trade the second digital code I got inside the bluray case on another forum because after a few hours the CinemaNow copy showed up in my vudu and flixster apps, so if you're into that kind of thing, this deal is good.

Target Ticket is no longer in service. So, CinemaNow is growing into a more subtle UV/DC platform. I still favor Vudu and Flixster myself.

As for this, I am in for the Extended Cut for $20 or less when it releases.

I guess BestBuy gets a small cut if the digital copy is redeemed on CinemaNow or something because they did this offer on Mockingjay. When I took advantage of this offer on Mockingjay I was able to trade the second digital code I got inside the bluray case on another forum because after a few hours the CinemaNow copy showed up in my vudu and flixster apps, so if you're into that kind of thing, this deal is good.
Could be, or perhaps it was part of their deal when Best Buy sold the CinemaNow company. Whatever the reason is, Best Buy still endorses CinemaNow pretty heavily.

I will also wait for the 3D Extended version, though correct me if I'm wrong, guys- The An Unexpected Journey 3D Extended has never been less than $19.99 and the Desolation of Smaug 3D Extended has never been less than $29.99, so most likely I will be purchasing The Battle of Five Armies 3D Extended on release day regardless of price.

SPOILER ALERT.  Cover looks cool, but its funny that the dragon is so heavily featured when its in the movie for like 10 minutes only.  Dont see why Smaug couldnt have been deal with in part 2.  Huge disappointment.

MSRP on this is $27.99, so at $24.99, it's still a deal.
I usually just ignore these kind of comments, this person probably didn't even take the time to look at the product page. I understand it isn't a huge price drop, but anyone that actually takes the time to look at the product page can quickly see that this Best Buy exclusive version selling for $24.99 isn't in fact MSRP, not to mention that it also comes with an extra digital code that will allow people to either gift it or even sell/trade one of the codes to recoup some their investment toward the steelbox edition.

I wouldn't buy the regular bluray/digital copy for $24.99 either, but when you throw in a steelbox and an extra digital code for the same price as the regular version then you definitely have my attention. Now I just have to decide whether or not the extra digital code and steelbox are worth it since I was planning to get it in 3D. Decisions decisions...

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually just ignore these kind of comments, this person probably didn't even take the time to look at the product page. I understand it isn't a huge price drop, but anyone that actually takes the time to look at the product page can quickly see that this Best Buy exclusive version selling for $24.99 isn't in fact MSRP, not to mention that it also comes with an extra digital code that will allow people to either gift it or even sell/trade one of the codes to recoup some their investment toward the steelbox edition.

I wouldn't buy the regular bluray/digital copy for $24.99 either, but when you throw in a steelbox and an extra digital code for the same price as the regular version then you definitely have my attention. Now I just have to decide whether or not the extra digital code and steelbox are worth it since I was planning to get it in 3D. Decisions decisions...
I already pre-ordered it and as you listed out clearly in your OP that pre-ordering it provides a CinemaNow digital copy code, so it's clear the movie is cheaper than MSRP, includes a steelbook and provides a second digital copy for the purchase.

I was just giving Mercer the same type of knee-jerk post that he was so nice to provide for us above. ;)

I already pre-ordered it and as you listed out clearly in your OP that pre-ordering it provides a CinemaNow digital copy code, so it's clear the movie is cheaper than MSRP, includes a steelbook and provides a second digital copy for the purchase.

I was just giving Mercer the same type of knee-jerk post that he was so nice to provide for us above. ;)
Haha Yeap, definitely appreciate the fact that you took the time to respond. I also placed two orders for in-store pickup, one for myself and one for my brother at his local store. I may end up giving away my other copy as well to a family member if I do end up deciding to go the 3D route.

P.S. I am not entirely sure if the CinemaNow is just a pre-order freebie, as it may very well still be part of the package deal post release date. I just don't want to take a chance on missing out on the steelbox edition, not to mention Best Buy movies usually go back up to MSRP on release date. It also seems the movie is now back in stock for shipping, which means they must have gotten another batch back in stock since they were sold out for a tad. This should give a few more people a chance at picking it up.

I'm in the same boat, except I preordered it and am now having second thoughts. Does anyone know what happens if you don't pick up a preorder? I'd imagine your money would be refunded no problem, but I'm not sure if that's be the case since they give the early digital download through CinemaNow.

I'm in the same boat, except I preordered it and am now having second thoughts. Does anyone know what happens if you don't pick up a preorder? I'd imagine your money would be refunded no problem, but I'm not sure if that's be the case since they give the early digital download through CinemaNow.
If you don't pick up the in-store pickup order within seven days, then it will automatically get cancelled and the money will be returned to the original method of payment (If you paid with a GC and no longer have it, you can easily get a replacement by calling the 1-800 Best Buy number). The good news is that Best Buy will never prevent you from returning something and getting a refund unless it's specifically marked as final sale, which this item isn't. Worse case scenario they could deduct the value of the CinemaNow digital code and just charge us that, but that usually applies to returns and not cancelled in-store pickups (Best Buy usually doesn't send digital codes until the item is shipped/picked up). I don't want to give you any false information by speculating, so take my comment with a grain of salt, but I think in this scenario should you decide not to pick it up you'll still be able to get a full refund.

As tempting as this is, I'm going to pass on it just because it isn't the EE.  Hopefully when that is release, they will also have the box set of all 3 EE movies.

As tempting as this is, I'm going to pass on it just because it isn't the EE. Hopefully when that is release, they will also have the box set of all 3 EE movies.
That would be nice, I am always tempted to buy the theatrical editions just because they get so dirt cheap, unlike the EE.

why is there no bluray ad thread here anymore? im trying to find deals on Penguins of Madagascar.
Bluray.com has them; if they are posted here it's a repost from there.

For Penguins, Best Buy has BD+DVD for $19.99 or 3D+BD+DVD+Digital+Toy for $22.99. Plus a lunchbox for $4.99 with purchase.

At Target, it's $19.99 and $29.99, respectively.

Walmart has the BD+DVD+Toys (wind-ups) for $17.06(ish - will differ regionally).

Would be great if it does drop down to $20, as those of us who pre-ordered it will be able to get a price adjustment. Either Best Buy learned to limit pre-orders, or they must have gotten another shipment as this item was classified as a sold out "high-demand" item for quite a bit. I decided to order it since I rather be safe than sorry, last two steelbox editions I pre-ordered both went back up in price on release day.

I wonder if the 10% off a bluray on the Target Cartwheel will work on the Battle of the Five Armies 3D bluray even though it says it is excluded from the offer . :/

Picked this up today. Looks awkward. My first oversized steelbook.

I wasn't expecting the difference to just be a plastic center.
So you didn't pickup the walking dead season 3 & 4 steelbook

Picked this up today. Looks awkward. My first oversized steelbook.

I wasn't expecting the difference to just be a plastic center.
The one they put out for the LOTR movies theatrical version as a pre-order was similar, as was the one for a pre-order of the Pixar movie Up. There are a few of those oversized steelbooks out there, usually for 4+ disc titles.

I'm sure you can always return it if you don't like it.

EDIT: That's what I'm doing with mine, returning it. I think this one doesn't add anything for me save having all three theatrical movies in one steelbook. I have the BB EE 3D steelbook for the first movie, the Target EE 2D steelbook for the 2nd movie and the BB TE 2D steelbook for the third movie. Someone else can have it, since I already have theatrical copies of all three movies.

I've got to say, I loved the first two hobbit movies and was pumped for this one. I bought it and watched it and it was terrible. So very disappointing. How did this happen?

Anyone get there extra 100 points for preorder it
Yes I got the extra 100 bonus points for the pre-order. It looks like this item is back in stock for shipping only, but the price increased after release date to $42.99 and hasn't dropped since. Also, they removed the CinemaNow extra digital code that was offered during the pre-order. Price may drop again, but doesn't look like the free extra code is coming back.

bread's done
Back