Walmart Brick-And-Mortar: Freedom Wars $15, Borderlands 2 Vita $20, YMMV?

RySenkari

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Just saw at my local Walmart that the prices of several Vita games had been slashed in half, most notably Freedom Wars (which was $15) and Borderlands 2 (which was $20). Borderlands 2 Vita has held its value surprisingly well and $20 is a pretty good price for a new physical copy. Definitely a YMMV, does anyone else know if their Walmart has slashed Vita game prices?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also check your local TRU for Borderlands 2 on Vita for $20. Picked up the last copy from my local store for that price.

The Walmart on W Bell Rd in Phoenix, AZ had all Vita games at half off except for the new Spongebob game and Minecraft. Tearaway was also $20

Most games at my store in NY are marked $20, including borderlands and freedom wars. (it may very well ring up $15) so if that helps anyone...

This will definitely vary from store to store.  One Walmart had multiple games for a lower price while the next had none.

Just snagged Freedom Wars at my WM for $15. Borderlands 2 and The Wolf Among Us were $20. Thought they might be clearancing everything Vita but a few others still were regular price.

Kind of sad when they only had like six different games for Vita total.

The fact that vita has so little shelf space makes me sad considering the fact that vita is pretty much gonna go all digital in the very near future and Sony didn't consider to release a vita with substantial built in storage

The fact that vita has so little shelf space makes me sad considering the fact that vita is pretty much gonna go all digital in the very near future and Sony didn't consider to release a vita with substantial built in storage
They could still do it. I mean psp go came out late in the psp life span & we are only in what ? Year 3 of the vita's life?
But than again i don't think the GO did that well so it might stop a vita go from happening.

Saw at my local store:

Borderlands 2 $20

Freedom Wars $15

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time $10

Walking Dead Season 2 $20

God of War Collection $20

Sly Collection $20

Wolf Among Us $20

Already have most of those titles (and JUST got FW), or I woulda grabbed a couple at those prices. But there's always the chance that they could go lower...

Please someone get Amazon to price match!

I'll stop by my walmart on the way home... but they don't carry many Vita games.

Wish they would PM it online instead of just in store.

It only works on the mobile site. There will be a link under the item picture to find in nearby stores. If you add an item from there the actual in store price will be applied, not the websites.
Thanks for the tip, i just got an order in O:)

Didn't work for me.
the mobile App does show the price at $15, I just tried the mobile website and it lists freedom wars twice. One from a 3rd party.. $29.99 and another at $29.96 (which follows Walmarts pricing scheme)

If I add the 2nd one to my cart, I have to stop right there because I don't have a walmart account..

Are you using an app, or just the mobile site? I tried using the mobile site, adding from several stores in the area and it didn't work with any of them.

Are you using an app, or just the mobile site? I tried using the mobile site, adding from several stores in the area and it didn't work with any of them.
Yes using the Walmart mobile App.

select your store (or any store with it in stock)

i5ab2e.png

Picked up the last copy of Freedom Wars for $15 at the Indio, CA Wal-Mart. There were no special markings anywhere, so I had an associate scan it for me, which gave me the $15 price. So I guess some Wal-Marts won't have anything indicating their real price unless you have someone use a scanner FYI. 

did the prices go back up on the mobile site? Not showing the same price that is in store..

edit: never mind its working now

I'm tempted by Borderlands 2 for $20 but I think I'm just going to hold out and get the PS4 version as I haven't played the new one yet and though I have beaten BL2 4 times, it is still a great co-op game with the wife. 

They could still do it. I mean psp go came out late in the psp life span & we are only in what ? Year 3 of the vita's life?
But than again i don't think the GO did that well so it might stop a vita go from happening.
It's true that they could still do it but I hardly doubt that they would. Vita hardware sales aren't exactly successful and it's difficult to find some in store for that exact reason. I don't think Sony would be interested in releasing another model of a system that isn't selling well

Weird for you guys. My store showed on the app, 29.98. Today it and a couple other stores show $15 and in stock. Been meaning to drive down to one and pick freedom wars up. But family just came over for spring break, and I love procrastinating.

Deal still alive if you can find a store still doing the price. Only 2 near me were still doing it, walked in and grabbed one copy of freedom wars.

This is still live because I bought the last copy of Freedom Wars at my Walmart today. The $15 price was on the rack.

Tearaway was $20 also.

Deal is definitely still alive, at least in this area.  To any Western PA CAGs, I can confirm that the Robinson Township store had several copies of Freedom Wars in stock for $15 as of this afternoon (Thursday).

bread's done
Back