Dead Rising 2 stability?

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!
I'm curious if anyone's played either version of Dead Rising 2 for PC and whether you had stability issues.

I'm on a notebook with Optimus, BUT I can actually disable it, and maybe I should...

I played through off the record on PS3, which I loved, and which was 100% stable.  I'm playing through the original release now on PC, but it crashes...not constantly, but seems like when I go to the map screen especially.  It's extra annoying because DR2 has a lousy save system.  I just got "Andy" to follow me, followed 30 seconds later by CRAAAASH :lol:

Just wondering if it's me, the game or what.

Worth noting, supposedly the patch to switch both versions of DR2 from Games for Windows Live to Steamworks happens today.  I haven't actually gotten a patch yet though, and I guess GFWL is actually still active (since I'm using it!) even though it was supposedly shut down a year ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
ARGH.  Now the game's been patched for Steamworks, so I've lost my save files anyway :whistle2:/

There's an import menu tool option, but it doesn't actually do anything.  Hurray! 

Man, this would be so awesome on Vita...

So they patched the game for Steamworks, nice. Been thinking of getting the Complete Pack. Reviews say its buggy and laggy as hell, Is it that bad?

I had zero issues playing this when it first came out. 2010...I think I had a 5850 at the time.
Yeah, there's some issues as they're doing the transition from GFWL to Steamworks, like they pushed several patches yesterday and there are more to come...it's almost like a new game launch. But they seem to be on top of that.

I definitely wouldn't call it laggy..it runs really well. The only issue I've had (prior to yesterday) is semi-frequent crashes. I'm not sure if they're common nor what's causing them. I know I switched over to AC3 yesterday and it was 100% stable... Is that/does that happen for anyone else?

As for hardware, I run it on a GTX 680m, but it actually seems like its useable on Intel's Ivy Bridge (16 core) GPU. Probably set it to 720p, turn off AA and it would be fine, not laggy even on that even on 1080p (where it does like low 20s for frame rate, which probably looks better than that sounds).

ARGH. Now the game's been patched for Steamworks, so I've lost my save files anyway :whistle2:/

There's an import menu tool option, but it doesn't actually do anything. Hurray!
The save-import tool hasn't been fully implemented yet.

It's planned to come, in the future:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/45740/discussions/0/610575007218877655/

Q: Will my save data be compatible with the Steamworks version of the game?
A: Yes! A save data and Achievements migration tool will be built into the game. This tool allows you to transfer progress from GFWL to Steam. As part of this process, you’ll need to install and sign in to the GFWL client for the game to authenticate unlocked Achievements recorded on the GFWL service. If you do not wish to transfer your save data or achievements, you can also skip this step entirely; the save data / Achievement migration is completely optional.
This tool will be available at a later date – once we have more information, we’ll update this FAQ. You’re still free to play the game normally without importing your old data, if you wish to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back