What the hell is wrong with people today

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
So most of you know i delivery newspaper for a living.  Well i was out  doing a route over in ohio where im at right now and  got out of my car to put a newspaper on the porch.  I walk up to the door and notice there is 2 stacks of 20 buck bills lying on the ground (around 3 to 4 on each folded over)  So i ring the door bell and ask the person inside if they were missing any cash.  This old guy looks at me for a second and goes  " yea i lost  a  about  160 bucks  all in 20s why?   I told them that i found this cash lying in his yard and he goes it must of fell out of his pocket when he was getting out of the car. So i handed him the cash and he thanks me and and off i went.  I get home and tell the people i live with about it and the first thing they say is 

DID HE GIVE YOU A REWARD FOR FINDING IT.

I look them right in the face and go what for , it was his money not mine.  This girl then goes if it was her she would of pocked the cash if she knew she was not going to get any reward out of it. I go what the hell its not your money. She then says  Finder keepers and who cares if he needed it for  his meds or food.  I then look at the other 2 in the room and they both go, yea they would of just pocket the money and not even ask the old man if it was his.

The first girl then looks at me and goes, you could of spent that money on tires that you need for your car.  I was like yea i could of   if it was  my money.  The point is it was  NOT my money and i had no right in keeping it. She called me a  stupid sob for not keeping the cash and goes  dont look at me for tire money (like i would ever ask the bitch)

What the fuck is wrong with this country. Just cause you find something on the ground even though its not yours you think you have the right to keep it. 

No wonder why this country is so fucked up when we no longer care about  other people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep they are asses, and you did the right thing. Dude still should have given you a 20 but like you said he might be on a fixed income and need that for food or meds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slidecage, you are a good man and, did the right thing.

The real-life Fry.
No.

Yep they are asses, and you did the right thing. Dude still should have given you a 20 but like you said he might be on a fixed income and need that for food or meds.
The dude didn't owe him shit. It's not about doing something for a reward, it is about being a decent human being.

bread's done
Back