* * * - - 3 votes

Target Ad 3/29-4/4

Target ad

#1 Konfusion   Bleeding Purple and Black CAGiversary!   1671 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:15 PM

:ps4: The Last of Us Console Bundle - $399.99

(Free $50 gift card when you buy any PS4)

:xb1: Master Chief Collection Console Bundle - $349.99

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes 2.0 Starter Pack - $39.99

Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack - $39.99

25% Off ALL Disney Inifinity, Skylanders, and Amiibo figures

:ps4: :xb1: :ps3: :360: :pc: B1G1 50% Off ALL Playstation, Xbox, and PC Software

Thanks to bainbridge's_stache @ the Blu-ray.com forums for the ad.

#2 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6723 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:17 PM

25% off Amiibo sounds like a good deal

#3 CAG of Duty  

CAG of Duty

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:18 PM

Nintendo games would be excluded! Thats ok, there isn't anything worth it anyways. Thanks for posting. Will probably pick up bloodborne and something else....

#4 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:31 PM

I might buy a ps4 again...i rather get a $50 gc than the free year of ps+ that GS is offering now

Lol messed up

Thanks mustache_cane_bridge!

#5 BonedChaos   If you don't like John Candy you can GTFO CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:33 PM

If I did the math correctly, it should be $71.98 plus taxes for 2 $59.99 titles...not bad!

Wut?

#6 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:37 PM

Wut?

B1G1 50% Off ALL Playstation, Xbox, and PC Software

#7 CAG of Duty  

CAG of Duty

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:37 PM

I might buy a ps4 again...i rather get a $50 gc than the free year of ps+ that GS is offering now

If I did the math correctly, it should be $71.98 plus taxes for 2 $59.99 titles...not bad!

Thanks mustache_cane_bridge!

Woah. 59.99 + 29.99 is already close to 90 dollars without tax.... so idk how you got 71.

Although, pricematching any prices at the time should work and theyll bring the lower one down, along with redcard. So this is a very good deal.

#8 BonedChaos   If you don't like John Candy you can GTFO CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:39 PM

B1G1 50% Off ALL Playstation, Xbox, and PC Software

How do you get 71.98?

#9 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:41 PM

He thinks this is beast buy lol

#10 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   664 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:46 PM

Well crap, I was keeping the last copy of Lego City Undercover they had sealed so I could do a return/rebuy and pick up the last P.Layton game I needed for 50% off.

#11 Lil Frier  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:48 PM

25% off Amiibo sounds like a good deal

What are amiibos good for right now? I'm so disappointed in how limited and bad Mario Party 10 is, and given how useless amiibos are in Mario Kart 8, they're really just toys for Smash now, right?

Also, super-disappointed Nintendo games are exempt from the sale. I am starting to think about just keeping my Smash 3DSXL from Target at this point, and was considering picking up some games when I heard this sale was going to happen. I guess Best Buy's superior pricing and GCU essentially exists as an eternal alternative to this sale, but it still sucks a bit.

#12 Zantra2  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:00 PM

I'm glad I saw this. I was about to go to Target and buy some new Skylanders. Now, I guess that I can wait.

#13 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2983 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:07 PM

What are amiibos good for right now? I'm so disappointed in how limited and bad Mario Party 10 is, and given how useless amiibos are in Mario Kart 8, they're really just toys for Smash now, right?

Also, super-disappointed Nintendo games are exempt from the sale. I am starting to think about just keeping my Smash 3DSXL from Target at this point, and was considering picking up some games when I heard this sale was going to happen. I guess Best Buy's superior pricing and GCU essentially exists as an eternal alternative to this sale, but it still sucks a bit.

Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: Level and train amiibo fighters

Mario Kart 8: Unlock driver skins for your Mii

Hyrule Warriors: Get an item drop depending on the amiibo you tap, up to five times a day/

Kirby Rainbow Curse: Tap Kirby, King Dedede, or Meta Knight to receive a powerup for that level. Can use all three once a day.

Mario Party 10: Unlock game boards and save items to your amiibo with select figures. All other figures grant a scratch ticket item bonus.

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker: Tap Toad to enable a hide and seek game with a pixelated Toad. Tap any other figure for a 1UP bonus.

Codename STEAM: Tap Fire Emblem characters to add them to your party.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy+: Tap compatible amiibo to unlock Nintendo themed fighters with increased stats.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D: Tap Shulk amiibo for in-game tokens

Then of course, most people's use for them, which is displaying or collecting them. :)

#14 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:16 PM

Pass that shit Bobby, it must be good

#15 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   664 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:17 PM

Codename STEAM seems like it has the best amiibo bonus.....but then again it should, aren't the Fire Emblem characters rare?

#16 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2983 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:26 PM

Codename STEAM seems like it has the best amiibo bonus.....but then again it should, aren't the Fire Emblem characters rare?

Yeah, Marth is getting a reprint for late April but otherwise goes for nearly triple digits on eBay for a US version ($30-$40 for JPN/EU versions). Ike is around $30-$35 for a US version, and the other ones aren't out yet. On top of that, you need a New Nintendo 3DS as the amiibo portal for the older systems is not out yet with no release date besides Summer 2015 for Japan so that's another barrier.

I personally like Hyrule Warriors and Kirby Rainbow Curse functionalities. I haven't played Smash Bros. yet but I hear it's neat. I'm also excited to try out the Captain Toad Treasure Tracker feature only because I'll take any excuse to play that game more.

#17 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:41 PM

buy 1 get 1 50% ps4?

#18 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2983 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:49 PM

buy 1 get 1 50% ps4?

Yup, all Xbox/Playstation/PC software. Essentially 25 % off (plus an additional 5% of that with REDcard debit or credit card). This little icon indicates PS4 --> :ps4:

#19 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1783 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:51 PM

Maybe I'll bite and pick up the show and Bloodbourne. I have a feeling those will both be sold out at my store.

#20 Lil Frier  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:55 PM

Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: Level and train amiibo fighters

Mario Kart 8: Unlock driver skins for your Mii

Hyrule Warriors: Get an item drop depending on the amiibo you tap, up to five times a day/

Kirby Rainbow Curse: Tap Kirby, King Dedede, or Meta Knight to receive a powerup for that level. Can use all three once a day.

Mario Party 10: Unlock game boards and save items to your amiibo with select figures. All other figures grant a scratch ticket item bonus.

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker: Tap Toad to enable a hide and seek game with a pixelated Toad. Tap any other figure for a 1UP bonus.

Codename STEAM: Tap Fire Emblem characters to add them to your party.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy+: Tap compatible amiibo to unlock Nintendo themed fighters with increased stats.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D: Tap Shulk amiibo for in-game tokens

Then of course, most people's use for them, which is displaying or collecting them. :)

So a lot of very limited options is what I see. Are all amiibos compatible with Hyrule Warriors, and are the bonuses meaningful? The Mario Kart 8 one is pretty disappointing, and I'm not sure which amiibos are compatible. To me, most all of those are somewhat pointless. The Xenoblade and Hyrule ones sound almost like microtransactions, where you spend real money, then use the amiibo for in-game items, haha.

I guess when amiibos were announced, I expected a Skylanders/Disney Infinity experience. I thought we would see them used for in-game play. Smash does it, but isn't it A.I.-controlled? Codename only wants to do it with a few of the characters. The overall use of amiibos is disappointing to me. I'd have liked to see them become playable in Mario Kart 8 as well, not just a skin. I was also hoping for that in Mario Party 10, as opposed to having a limited number of functional amiibos, and using them only on a super-tiny, square board. All of MP10 is a colossal letdown though, so I can't say the amiibos hurt any more than the rest of it.

#21 Konfusion   Bleeding Purple and Black CAGiversary!   1671 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:00 AM

So a lot of very limited options is what I see. Are all amiibos compatible with Hyrule Warriors, and are the bonuses meaningful?

Here is the compatibility chart for Amiibo.

#22 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7254 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:13 AM

Do I need the Skylanders packs w/ me in order to do a price adjustment or can I have just my receipt?

#23 TheBigHouse   What Up Doe? CAGiversary!   607 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

TheBigHouse

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:05 AM

since Target prorates their returns for sales like this, you could buy 2 same priced games and return 1, leaving you with one game at 25% off (spend $90 to get two $60 games, return one at the prorated $45 rate). If you are only interested in one game.

#24 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   2058 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:35 AM

Looks like PS4 is getting an E3 price cut, between the $50 GC here, GS's free year of PS+, and Best Buy and Target's free Silver Headset deals (about $40 at retail).

I'll be really shocked if we're not looking at a $350 MSRP in June.

#25 AngelMayLaugh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   129 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

AngelMayLaugh

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:38 AM

Damn I thought that BOGO½ was gonna be for ds too. REST IN PEACE omega ruby/bravely default dreams.

#26 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:39 AM

I'm thinking of doing a price match b1g1 combo here

#27 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:40 AM

Looks like PS4 is getting an E3 price cut, between the $50 GC here, GS's free year of PS+, and Best Buy and Target's free Silver Headset deals (about $40 at retail).

I'll be really shocked if we're not looking at a $350 MSRP in June.

Why would sony cut the price ? It's selling incredibly well and it's outselling it's competition which is 50$ cheaper than the ps4

#28 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4391 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:58 AM

:ps4: The Last of Us Console Bundle - $399.99

(Free $50 gift card when you buy any PS4)

:ps4: :xb1: :ps3: :360: :pc: B1G1 50% Off ALL Playstation, Xbox, and PC Software

Man, there's a sale on PS4 every week these days, if someone wants to buy one this probably is the right time. Anyways, B1G1 50% off is what I will be looking for - agreed it is not as good as B1G1 Free or B2G1 Free, but it is at least something.

#29 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   664 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:31 AM

B1G1 50% off is what I will be looking for - agreed it is not as good as B1G1 Free or B2G1 Free, but it is at least something.

Unless you were in it for Nintendo games.  :-(

#30 U BE DA MAN   Go Pats! CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

U BE DA MAN

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:59 AM

I was really hoping that Nintendo games would be apart of the B1G1 50% off so I could get Code Name Steam and Majora's Mask 3D.