The Crew (PS4, XB1, PC & 360) $29.99 at Amazon

I've been going back and forth on this one all morning since I saw it was on sale. From what I've read...the difficulty really spikes with some of the police chases...which sounds like a bummer.

Last edited by a moderator:
To people wondering, this game has a mix of Test Drive Unlimited and Need for Speed Underground type feel to it. Regardless, I wouldn't pay more than $30 dollars for it.

Weird. I loved this game. One of my favorite racing games to date. There needed to be more car variety in the game but from a Co-op point of view, it was amazing playing with 4 of my friends.... 

Weird. I loved this game. One of my favorite racing games to date. There needed to be more car variety in the game but from a Co-op point of view, it was amazing playing with 4 of my friends....
What about from a single player point of view? Don't have any friends that have the game.

Which one was more disappointing: The Crew or Drive Club?
Driveclub is one of the best racing games out there. The only racing game I would put ahead of it is Forza Horizon 2.

The Crew belongs in here

Poland_Trash_002.jpg

Driveclub is one of the best racing games out there. The only racing game I would put ahead of it is Forza Horizon 2.

The Crew belongs in here

Poland_Trash_002.jpg
DriveClub is fun, it's missing *something* for me.. I picked it up anyway for $30 yesterday. Sure is a looker though..

FH2 Is also great, I think i'd put Forza 5 above it though.. FH2 is more arcade style, which is fun as well. Granted i've played FH2 more than 5, Just cause the free roam.

Still waiting for GT7 and Project Cars to drop. They will probably drop about the same time, 2-3 years from now... delayed, delayed, delayed.

The Crew... I rented it. I like it, but for $30? I put a $25 or below price point on it, and I bet I will see it in the next few months. It had potential and has it's fun moments, but they tend to be few.

If the Crew were to become a PS+ title next month.. I'd be playing it a lot. Warts and all.

But for me to go out and *pay* for it...

What about from a single player point of view? Don't have any friends that have the game.
I mean, I would still enjoy it from a single player point of view but not nearly as much!

There's something about being on the mic with 3 other people. Talking while racing 190mph down highways and back roads, side by side, with the amazing sounds of the cars being loud as hell. It's just super fun. It was like being on a road trip getting from place to place. The story isn't anything to brag about, but I did have a blast driving around in the giant world.

Take what I say with a grain of salt! Almost everyone in this thread said it sucks. I wasn't expecting much when I bought it but it turned out that I loved it and the music/radio in the game is great. I would pay full price for this game all over again, no questions asked.

The cars are lacking though. You might have like 8 per major city that you can purchase. But that didn't bother me. I focused leveling up my main until I could afford a lambo.

See I'm the opposite. I got Driveclub from gamefly and I played about an hour of it and haven't turned it on since. It's just not fun for me racing on a closed off track... I love the open world of racing round....

The Crew can be a grindfest at times since AIs like to cheat so you have to constantly look for higher level parts to make it easier. There is fun to be had if you play with friends especially those who like challenges so that might make you forget all the flaws that come with it.

DriveClub feels a lot less free as in no car customization, cars lack variety (still no Japanese cars) and multiplayer is nothing special. Awesome graphics though.  :D/

Are there any other PC racing games that have a clean (no hacking/exploits) community?  I heavily prefer arcade style (MC3 baby!) but would consider others.   I guess I'm going to give NFSW a try after I finish Hot Pursuit.

Thanks!

bread's done
Back