Does destiny have a good sized community on the 360? And whats a good online game with people playing?

Mercer

Banned
My girlfriends son was told if he got grade requirements on his report cards before summer break he could have a XBLG subscription for his 360 since he wants to play team fortress 2 and some fighting games online he has.

I was thinking of getting him a new game to play online and destiny seemed like a good choice since its new and I was hoping it had a good amount of people playing online since he hasnt ever played something online aside from like mario kart on the wii and he doesnt own any shooters. So do a lot of people play online on 360 version?

Also looking for a reccomendation on a different kind of game besides a shooter that had a fair amount of online players still for 360. Nothing brand new though, Im not buying him a 60 dollar game because I am already getting him the XBLG, a chat headset as it is.

I do my online stuff on my ps3/4 and PC so I dont know much about the 360 community.

Destiny is still a very active game although many people have moved onto other games since we are right in between when the 1st DLC released (December) and when the next expansion is schedule to hit (Late May).  Some of the activities in game have matchmaking but you can always find people looking for games on the sites like destinylfg.com.  I think much of the community will come back to the game when the next DLC drops since many people bought the expansion pass or got it for free by buying the Limited or Ghost Edition of the game. One issue is that your characters are shared between the 360 and XB1 versions of the game so I think a good bit of the community has moved from the 360 to the XB1 due to the price drop and the holidays.  I think it will still be pretty active come summertime, especially with House of Wolves (2nd expansion) coming in late May.

As for another game, I really enjoy World of Tanks on the 360 which you can play for free with an XBLG subscription.  Since it is a Freemium game, there are ways to spend money on the game if you want, but going the free route is a viable option.  There are some other freemium options like Happy Wars, but I haven't spent a ton of time with any of them.

Major Nelson used to publish a "top games" list for 360 based on # of users playing each week, but I haven't seen it in a while.  I'm guessing it has been discontinued.  Either way I'd guess the top online games are pretty predictable (CoD, Halo, Battlefield, Madden, NBA).  So if you would go one of those routes you would probably find decent sized communities there.

bread's done
Back