Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - Out Now!

Spybreak8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
:D/ Borderlands is on current-gen now with the Handsome Collection! Import old saves, play 4 player split screen co-op and play all the DLC content from Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel - oddly Borderlands 1 isn't included but I'm guessing it's game engine specific. Dat 4 player split screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRUG3puieLY

...explodingly fast frame rates.  :rofl:

I've got a big backlog but I'm gonna be eventually picking this up.

If anyone wants to know about day one updates because I sure as hell couldn't play last night due to it.

BL 2 has an over 3 gig day one download and The Pre Sequel has a 12 GB Day One Download. You can install each game separately from disc but you still need the mandatory update for that game to be able to play BL2 or the Pre Sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:
No imports across platforms, right? I had BL2 on 360 but I'm assuming that won't transfer over to PS4? Guessing it's just PS3-PS4 and 360-XB1?

Went back and forth on picking this up, but I finally decided to just go for it with GCU discount. I loved Borderlands 2, but after fully completing it on 360 I'm not sure how eager I am to go back again.

The Pre-Sequel left me a little bit lukewarm on 360, it wasn't bad or anything but it didn't excite me as much as the previous games, I had other stuff to play, I got an Xbone and had less time for last-gen... I just kind of lost track of it. Thankfully I never bought the season pass on 360. Handsome Collection seems like a good opportunity to give it another try.

Also, playing Tales from the Borderlands, which is excellent, has reignited my interest in the Borderlands fiction.

I'm annoyed. I transferred my character and got 0 bad ass ranking transferred. Makes me not want to play until they fix shit. Why can't games launch without being broken? Sheesh.

So on Tuesday I had the option to DL a 12 Gig Patch for The Pre Sequel, I declined because I was updating BL 2. Last night went to download it ans no option to download that update.

Don't know if it is xbox or what, but I kinda wanna get that game updated, lol. I will say BL2 is better than I remember it.

Ugh, looks like I'll be shelving this until things are settled.
I'm going to wait to purchase until these things are patched and hopefully by then the game goes on sale, I almost picked this up with Bloodborne on Tuesday, but decided against it.

Yeah I've been contemplating picking it up - the biggest detractor is that is not in stock at my store. The only advantage of picking the game up now is for those Golden Keys. Not like there won't be plenty of those given out though.

Yeah I've been contemplating picking it up - the biggest detractor is that is not in stock at my store. The only advantage of picking the game up now is for those Golden Keys. Not like there won't be plenty of those given out though.
Yeah and honestly while the collection is great if you have all the DLC there is nothing extraordinary about it. It's the same two games, just with all the DLC.

I don't know if it's a bug or what but in BL 2 whenever I go to buy ammo from the vending machine my game slows down and gets really choppy. I don't know why, it happens no where else. I do appriciate Amazon giving me a free copy of Borderlands GOTY for PC.

Submitted a ticket with Gearbox over my skins / bad ass points not transferring. Those skins / heads from Poker 2 never downloaded, either!

Submitted a ticket with Telltale because I bought the Telltale Collection and the Tales of the Borderlands pass wasn't included (even though it was supposed to be) so I can't access the heads you get for Pre-Sequel as well.

Annoying. Gearbox said to hold off on transferring characters until they are able to patch it.

Yeah I'm reality tempted to grab this now that that it's fixed. Far Cry 4 is on sale at Best Buy so I'm even more tempted to pick that up instead lol.

I've been enjoying it now that it's patched. Wife and I have been split screening the pre sequel. It's interestingly different.

Wife and I have been playing it, and it's still great. We never played the Pre Sequel previously, so it's still fresh and new to us.

http://thepresequel.com/shift_codes - For those who need Golden Keys or skins that were released in the past.  It's a full list of the shift codes that should still be active, listed by platform and game.  I've sampled the codes, and they work.  If it says "Xbox 360", the code will work on Xbox One.  The same goes for PS3 to PS4.

Nice, yeah the Gameinformer link on the 1st page still worked for me with Borderlands 2 and the Presquel.

I've got my main characters imported over from the ol' 360 cloud save to my Xbox One - was able to download those massive updates at family's place in civilization. So many Golden Keys and I'm still only at 36 max backpack slots lol. I can upgrade that bit need Eridium. I'll need to do some Eridium grinding, prob tomorrow as I've got the day off. :p

I started playing the pre-sequel last night and went to the Shift locker to get my stuff.  Removed all the moon stone but it never went to my inventory.  The weapons and gold keys did.  Anybody else have this issue?

loot_contest_claptrap.jpg

Light up Claptrap mini fridge, Shut UP & take my money! lol

http://borderlandsthegame.com/index.php/news/handsome-jacks-loot-contest

bread's done
Back