Driveclub *New* - $19.99 at Gamestop

Coming from Horizon 2, I could not get into Driveclub. It definitely looks better than FH2, but I didnt care much for the actual driving or game.

Just picked it up a few days ago pre owned without a case so def gonna return that one and buy a new one.

Unless the pre-owned price is $17.99?

Coming from Horizon 2, I could not get into Driveclub. It definitely looks better than FH2, but I didnt care much for the actual driving or game.
Did it not make you feel like you were going fast? Like the original hot pursuit did? I love racing games but a lot of recent ones never game me that York peppermint patty feeling.

I never played FH2 so I am curious what about the driving turned you off?

I bet the whole game is given away as ps plus around E3 as an apology for their BS about the demo version

Still tempted to get it if Amazon or best buy pms

Hopefully this will bring a nice influx of players in... And then somebody could join my lonely, inactive club.... 

It would be a fantastic idea to put even some of the DLC on sale soon. I've been having a bit of fun with the game.

Hopefully this will bring a nice influx of players in... And then somebody could join my lonely, inactive club....

It would be a fantastic idea to put even some of the DLC on sale soon. I've been having a bit of fun with the game.
I need to join one for the trophy. What's your club name?

Good price, thanks OP.  Will pass and wait for the eventual GOTY/GH version of the game with DLC included.  Price dropping this fast is not a good sign.

Good price, thanks OP. Will pass and wait for the eventual GOTY/GH version of the game with DLC included. Price dropping this fast is not a good sign.
Finally someone with some sense. We will probably see this as one of the "free" PS+ games in a few months at this rate and then they will try to sell you the DLC.

isn't there some sort of b2g1f starting up at gamestop today, is that for used games only or new games too?  

If you have an xbox one and PS4 I wouldn't bother with DC, F5 and FH2 are better.  But if you just have a PS4 DC isn't too bad and there really isn't anything else out there (NFS Rivals is ok, not sure if Project Cars is out yet).  

Trades for $17 at best buy and $15 base at gamestop, so if you don't like it I guess its a cheap rental.  but yeah, at this price it seems like its gonna be free on PS+ pretty soon

Yeah the fun factor is not even close when compared to FH2, but obviously if you only have a PS4 it's mostly serviceable.  I was initially really impressed but then I got bored with it real quick.  Might re-buy if I can find a copy.

isn't there some sort of b2g1f starting up at gamestop today, is that for used games only or new games too?

If you have an xbox one and PS4 I wouldn't bother with DC, F5 and FH2 are better. But if you just have a PS4 DC isn't too bad and there really isn't anything else out there (NFS Rivals is ok, not sure if Project Cars is out yet).

Trades for $17 at best buy and $15 base at gamestop, so if you don't like it I guess its a cheap rental. but yeah, at this price it seems like its gonna be free on PS+ pretty soon
I disagree with this greatly. I own both and enjoy both a lot. Two different style of racers one being open world and the other closed circuit style. If you like variety then buy both. If you just want to drive around and do random stuff while racing in between then yes dc would not be for you.

Instead of comparing Driveclub to the open world Horizon 2, any opinions on how it compares to Forza 5 (another closed track racing game)?

Instead of comparing Driveclub to the open world Horizon 2, any opinions on how it compares to Forza 5 (another closed track racing game)?
Having F5, FH2, and DC, for me its FH2>F5>>DC

Both Forzas blow DC out of the water imo. Forzas are both refined and play almost perfect, and IMO no one does racing better nowadays. That said, DC is still a solid 7/10 after the patches. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous and the rain effects are awesome.

I'd say it is the 3rd best racer currently available.

I paid $40 for the digital (which was what I prefered) Monday using the coupon. Did I do the right thing guys? I'm having huge buyers remorse :(

I havent played Horizon but I agree that Driveclub looks nice but the actual gameplay could use some improvement...but a great game for $20.

we need a next gen gran turismo

I personally like it more then F5. I won't buy another regular forza game as I do not like the way the game plays and will stick to the horizon editions.

I think it compares even less favorably to Forza 5, personally. The driving physics and other simulation aspects of Forza 5 far surpass Driveclub. Frankly, the best thing Driveclub has going for it is lack of competition on the PS4 and the social aspects (which are now working pretty well). If you own both platforms, I wouldn't bother with Driveclub. I did and I regret my purchase.

Coming from GT6 the handling in DC took some getting used to.  Cars have much better grip/traction (with a few exceptions) and braking distances are much shorter.  Got used to it after a couple of hours and have been loving the game ever since.  The lack of tuning options doesn't bother me since I don't know sh*t about cars (but I love to race 'em!).  Got the platinum trophy and hit max level ages ago and I'm still playing it on a semi-daily basis.  Been having fun trying to tame some of the wilder rides (Atom V8, Hennessey Venom GT, Koenigsegg One:1, etc...)

Anyway, highly recommended!

Totally worth it at this price. And if you haven't signed up for an account on gyft.com yet, you could buy a $15 gift card for $10 using the $5 promo code you receive for creating an account to technically make this $14.99 + tax.

I paid $40 for the digital (which was what I prefered) Monday using the coupon. Did I do the right thing guys? I'm having huge buyers remorse :(
Welcome to gaming in 2015. Let me rattle off a short list of games I bought for $60 each, Tomb Raider (2013), Titanfall, Watch Dogs, Killzone Shadow Fall, Killzone Mercenary, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix, Gears of War 2. All can be had around the cost of just 1 of them at launch. That's, what, $320 I could have saved by just waiting 6 months on each of them. Buyer's Remorse is the name of the game these days.

Just got back from Gamestop and got a "Gamestop new" copy.  This means that it's probably in worse shape than most of the used ones.  Apparently they are selling out fast since mine was the last one.

Having F5, FH2, and DC, for me its FH2>F5>>DC

Both Forzas blow DC out of the water imo. Forzas are both refined and play almost perfect, and IMO no one does racing better nowadays. That said, DC is still a solid 7/10 after the patches. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous and the rain effects are awesome.

I'd say it is the 3rd best racer currently available.
I would second this.
Driveclub isn't the best racer... But it does hold its own now with the fixes.

No "tuning" or car upgrades... So that easily drops 1-2 full points for me. So the 7/10 is pretty close to what I'd give it.

Give me an update to at least adjust the cars.. I don't need to buy "upgrades" for the car.. Just let me adjust what the car already has.

Just so we are all on the same page with the ps+ edition folks... You will NOT be getting the full game when/if it drops.. It was always going to be a stripped down version. Probably not able to even get any dlc, even the free dlc stuff...

20 bucks was the greenlight for me. I'll pick it up. If I like it and by some chance I get wind of a complete edition I can let it go. At 20 bucks, sell it for 10 or so and I won't feel a real loss. I hope there is one cause aside from like 30 extra cars I know that game got so many patches and updates it would be nice to have them on the disc already.

bread's done
Back