trying to buy a game tried thru xbox and xbox site :(

West.Jen269

CAGiversary!
so i got some microsft money thru amazon addded it to the accont on xbox site but when i tried to buy the game it gives me a messge that says add a credit card to pay the rest ok but i have 65 microsoft money and the game is 59.00 bux its a digital download are they charging me something like 5 or 6 doallars  tax ?

how much tax do they charge anyways ?

Tax depends on your state...

state-local-sales-taxes-2014-(large).png

Honestly, it just sounds like it wasn't meant to be. Move on with your life. See and do things. There are other games out there. Some day, you'll find "the one".

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar issue when trying to make purchases through the mobile site. Kept asking me to add CC info when I had $50 in MS credit. Went through the the Xbox One app and was able to make purchases using my credit. Also worked purchasing through my console.

You have to have a valid CC on your account to make purchases through the Xbox.com website, even if it's a free game.

If you make purchases on your console, you don't need a CC tied to your account, unless you don't have enough credit to make the purchase.

As Blade pointed out, any tax collected depends if your local area collects sales tax on digital good purchases.  Not all of them do, though it sounds like, OP, it's taxed in your area.

Why not add more credit to your account from Amazon, since that's how you managed to get the XBL money in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I think a friend was expressing this same error the other day. I didn't really hear him well, but I think he encountered the same problem. I'd contact Xbox support on twitter, they're usually pretty helpful. 

bread's done
Back