* - - - - 1 votes

[Steam] DiRT 3 Complete Edition ($23.99/20% Off), Existing owners of DiRT 3 upgraded for FREE!

Dirt 3

#1 ArryArry  

ArryArry

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:57 PM

Save 20% on DiRT 3 Complete Edition &
Existing owners of DiRT 3 upgraded for FREE! | No more GFWL | Sale ends April 8th @ 10 AM PST

#2 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:23 PM

You know there's a Steam thread, right?

#3 Malkan   No, ALL! CAGiversary!   1071 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:26 PM

Deals this good can't be contained to just one thread.

#4 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:42 PM

No one wants to venture in there.

#5 11440   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   613 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:54 PM

Do you mean that "all PC gaming deals" thread? I thought that the idea of posting all PC gaming deals in a single thread was just a running joke?

#6 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21155 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

Wish I would have bought this when it was on sale so I could get the free upgrade.  Oh well.  

#7 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2163 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:14 PM

Relax.  I appreciate this being here.  I would have missed it.  Thanks, OP.

#8 tfr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:54 PM

Now the $5 I spent seems like such a good deal, and I may actually play the game :hot:  may be

#9 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

Why are you guys so allergic to going into the steam/pc thread if you are interested in PC games. Is there something I'm not getting? Neuro actually makes an extra effort to keep the op and the replies updated daily with deals.

This forum is all over FriskyTanuki doing the same thing but somehow Neuros combined PC thread is the redheaded stepchild?

#10 11440   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   613 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:45 PM

A thread for a single digital store that posts deals on a regular schedule is rather not the same thing as a thread for all deals for games on an entire platform.

If I'm not mistaken, the purpose of a deals forum is that everyone can post deals, not that one person can curate a daily digest of deals.

#11 Red_Lizard2  

Red_Lizard2

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the purpose of a deals forum is that everyone can post deals, not that one person can curate a daily digest of deals.

Everyone can post deals in the Steam thread to, and it'll have been added (or get added) to the OP. It also streamlines and makes finding a deals for Steam games much easier. Compare to if I was looking for a deal on PS3 games, I'd have to dig through at least 5-6 threads (probably more) it looks/seems. If I did a lot of buying for PS3 I'd love a PS3 deals thread to streamline, but I don't really pick up much (if anything) for my PS3 so I'm not exactly the target and if people who buy PS/Xbox like the current model then power to them. 

Likewise the PC games folk like the mega thread, and if they (I guess we is better use but meh) want a thread for all deals on an entire platform, then what's wrong with that?

#12 fyrflash1969   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

fyrflash1969

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:13 PM

Why do people get butt hurt if there are two threads? I'll never understand why people can't see a second thread, snd think I already know that so I won't waste my time reading it and posting to it.

I admit I am pretty amazing, but it generally takes me less than 10 seconds to scan all the posts and filter which ones I care about. I also can filter double posts without my brain exploding or my ass hurting.

#13 11440   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   613 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:15 PM

Everyone can post deals in the Steam thread to, and it'll have been added (or get added) to the OP. It also streamlines and makes finding a deals for Steam games much easier. Compare to if I was looking for a deal on PS3 games, I'd have to dig through at least 5-6 threads (probably more) it looks/seems. If I did a lot of buying for PS3 I'd love a PS3 deals thread to streamline, but I don't really pick up much (if anything) for my PS3 so I'm not exactly the target and if people who buy PS/Xbox like the current model then power to them.

Likewise the PC games folk like the mega thread, and if they (I guess we is better use but meh) want a thread for all deals on an entire platform, then what's wrong with that?

Not everyone wants the same thing, though. Why should people who start their own threads have to catch this "there's a thread for this" shit from the legion of self-appointed hall monitors?

#14 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:06 PM

Alright console people who occasionally buy stuff on the PC even if it's not that great of a deal and refuse to ever check the PC thread because reasons can have your own threads. Fine. Whatever floats your boats.

It was the console people complaining about separate PC threads that ghettoized us in the first place but whatever.

Please create separate threads about every PC deal that's 10-30% off and have fun.

#15 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3120 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:50 PM

Alright console people who occasionally buy stuff on the PC even if it's not that great of a deal and refuse to ever check the PC thread because reasons can have your own threads. Fine. Whatever floats your boats.

It was the console people complaining about separate PC threads that ghettoized us in the first place but whatever.

Please create separate threads about every PC deal that's 10-30% off and have fun.

I see the thread as a DIRT 3 deal.... not a Steam deal.

Just doing a little research.... this was CODEMASTERS doing this.... again, not Steam.

And people knew of this more than a year ago. Just not *when* it would drop. 

http://www.gamewatch...-for-all-owners

The migration was announced over a year ago when there was talk of the GFWL service potentially ending. 

Note this article is from January 2015.. mentioning the "over a year ago" then.

Those big all in one threads... shit gets buried quick when you have to deal with useless banter about how good a deal, not a good deal, game sucks... Why can't this game go on sale... DRM this... F Steam... 

And yeah, on mobile... CAG goes directly to the very last page of the thread when you click it... so then you have to scroll to the bottom.. click the "first" tab.. and hope the front page is updated to reflect the "deal" that got the thread bumped to the front page... or else it's time to start reading the thread backwards to figure out whats going on.

Thanks OP for the heads up.

#16 uEih   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:58 AM

Already have Dirt 3, how do I get the complete for free? 

EDIT: Maybe because I didn't sign onto the steam client yet and on the website instead.

#17 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2578 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:05 AM

This is hilarious.

People, its just a thread trying to let other people know that this deal is happening. I don't see anything wrong with it, and many people (like me) don't follow PC/Steam threads so I appreciate it.

I love the word people, BTW.

#18 sweeetja713   Damn you CAG mobile theme! CAGiversary!   2416 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

sweeetja713

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:12 AM

Those big all in one threads... shit gets buried quick when you have to deal with useless banter about how good a deal, not a good deal, game sucks... Why can't this game go on sale... DRM this... F Steam...
And yeah, on mobile... CAG goes directly to the very last page of the thread when you click it... so then you have to scroll to the bottom.. click the "first" tab.. and hope the front page is updated to reflect the "deal" that got the thread bumped to the front page... or else it's time to start reading the thread backwards to figure out whats going on.

Thanks OP for the heads up.

Yes because clicking 2 buttons is so strenuous. Yet see the outcry there if there was an individual thread created for every 10% off pc game that came along.

#19 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2043 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:12 AM

I wish codemasters would send some love to consoles. I'd take a free Complete Edition upgrade!

#20 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3120 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:32 AM

This is hilarious.

People, its just a thread trying to let other people know that this deal is happening. I don't see anything wrong with it, and many people (like me) don't follow PC/Steam threads so I appreciate it.

I love the word people, BTW.

Someone gets it.

Yes because clicking 2 buttons is so strenuous. Yet see the outcry there if there was an individual thread created for every 10% off pc game that came along.

Someone does not.

And just a quick check of that other thread... yep, trash talking of anyone NOT posting there...  :roll:

#21 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:48 AM

great game, best racing game in 2011

#22 The Prize Fighter Inferno   XBL: Greendale CC CAGiversary!   1205 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:20 AM

Sweet deal. I really enjoyed this game on 360, so I imagine the PC experience is excellent. Not sure if I'll take the leap, but thanks for posting, OP.

EDIT: I meant for existing owners, not the 20% off price.

#23 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14914 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:31 AM

Basically what I see in this thread:

"lol i'm too lazy to look at Steam deal thread that Neuro updates......thx for posting individual sale so my tiny brain can understand it"

And you, Thebacklash, you can stay the hell out of my PC threads with your stupid way of ending everything with an ellipsis. You know that typing just one of those dots signifies the end of a sentence, right?

#24 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3120 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:04 AM

Basically what I see in this thread:

"lol i'm too lazy to look at Steam deal thread that Neuro updates......thx for posting individual sale so my tiny brain can understand it"

And you, Thebacklash, you can stay the hell out of my PC threads with your stupid way of ending everything with an ellipsis. You know that typing just one of those dots signifies the end of a sentence, right?

no i did not know that...

I see the crap posted in the steam thread, it's why it's frequented by the same people... 

And since you know the word for them, you should know *WHY* it's there.  :roll:

Should read the ToS here a little closer BTW.

I love how there are multiple GS/BB/etc threads, but don't anyone dare post anything PC related outside of 1 Holy thread.

Personally I don't care to get Dirt 3, wouldn't have even posted in here if it wasn't for the self appointed hall monitors (as someone else pointed out) And no I don't go into the steam thread either... (dammit, there it is again) I have a wishlist for Steam, I get notifications when they go on sale, I tend to take my first break at work about 30 minutes after Steam updates for the day, takes me 30 seconds to see if anything of any value is on sale. Unfortunately, PSN/XBL do *NOT* have a simple way of checking sales and price history. Thats where CAG comes in.

#25 sweeetja713   Damn you CAG mobile theme! CAGiversary!   2416 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

sweeetja713

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:06 AM

Someone gets it.

Someone does not.

And just a quick check of that other thread... yep, trash talking of anyone NOT posting there...  :roll:

I get it.  I have seen the light.  An individual thread for each deal.

#26 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5745 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:06 AM

Oh balls. I wish I'd have known it were on sale. If only there was some way to know.

Oh wait, already bought the base game when it was $4.08. I think I got that deal from the Steam thread.

20% off's not too bad though...

#27 JohnHarker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1263 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

JohnHarker

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:19 AM

The game also has cards! Too bad they're not worth much.

#28 Modest Package  

Modest Package

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:25 AM

The game also has cards! Too bad they're not worth much.

What are

Cards

#29 JohnHarker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1263 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

JohnHarker

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:26 AM

What are

Cards

Modest packages delivered to your steam inventory.

#30 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8814 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:15 AM

While to me it's kind of whatever do you what you want...I don't get the hostility toward the PC thread either. There are a lot more storefronts out there than just Steam to buy from, and Neuro does an excellent job gathering them all in the op, and members will post what he misses throughout the day. Really it's just convenient.

Like if I need to go grocery shopping I prefer to buy all my things from one store as opposed to buying my bread from wal mart, driving to giant to get eggs, and the corner store to get milk, but whatever.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dirt 3