* * * * * 1 votes

Retro City Rampage Limited Physical Edition (Vita) available at Fangamer $30.00

#1 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

A limited edition physical run of Retro City Rampage for the PS Vita is now available at Fangamer for $30.

http://www.fangamer....-dx-for-ps-vita

The physical version on PS4 sold out within a few days and now commands a pretty high price on the secondary market. Don't miss your chance to pick this up at MSRP as they'll probably go fast.

#2 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

I need to find that post about shipping...but yeah, I ordered it.  Didn't hesitate.

#3 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:17 PM

This is a cool idea. $4 shipping? Hmm...

It's weird that at $30 I wasn't going to hesitate. $34? I'm not sure.

https://www.cheapass...ade/?p=12227192

#4 RealDeals   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1193 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

Really didn't enjoy this game. Thought it was unfunny and just not all that interesting. I thought the controls and the aesthetic were the issues at first, but Hotline Miami plays and looks kinda similar (in the pixelated, retro form anyways) to this and is awesome.

Should jump on it if you're a collector though. 

#5 Ekim000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:22 PM

Thanks for posting! Ordered one!

I wonder how 'limited' it will be. If I remember correctly, they stated how many copies they were printing for the PS4 run. This one only says 'limited edition'. Still, probably won't have a big print. Also, wasn't the PS4 $25? Not that $30 is outrageous, just funny that the ps vite costs more. Maybe a cartridge costs more for them to produce.

#6 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:29 PM

I ordered one, I'm such a sucker for physical Vita games.

#7 Blumpkin   Lunar Lander CAGiversary!   3098 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:33 PM

Go go go!

#8 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:34 PM

Thanks for posting! Ordered one!

I wonder how 'limited' it will be. If I remember correctly, they stated how many copies they were printing for the PS4 run. This one only says 'limited edition'. Still, probably won't have a big print. Also, wasn't the PS4 $25? Not that $30 is outrageous, just funny that the ps vite costs more. Maybe a cartridge costs more for them to produce.

Yes, I can say from experience that Vita carts are more expensive to manufacture. I think they're not stating the print run to stave off resellers. If I had to guess it's probably 3,000 - 4,000 copies. Still an incredibly small worldwide print run number.

#9 Animes  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:39 PM

Thanks OP took advantage of this offer and snagged  a copy , i could see this rivaling the PS4 version in terms of worth.

Yes, I can say from experience that Vita carts are more expensive to manufacture. I think they're not stating the print run to stave off resellers. If I had to guess it's probably 3,000 - 4,000 copies. Still an incredibly small worldwide print run number.

P4 version only had 2,000 copies , with how niche the Vita is i dont see it being produced in higher numbers.

#10 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

Thanks OP took advantage of this offer and snagged a copy , i could see this rivaling the PS4 version in terms of worth.

P4 version only had 2,000 copies , with how niche the Vita is i dont see it being produced in higher numbers.

I could be mistaken but I think the minimum order quantity for Vita carts is higher than for blu-rays. Either way it's a low enough print run where this should end up being a really nice collector's piece.

#11 Animes  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:47 PM

I could be mistaken but I think the minimum order quantity for Vita carts is higher than for blu-rays. Either way it's a low enough print run where this should end up being a really nice collector's piece.

Oh i never realized that! and i agree regardless this will be a great collectors item for the Vita its also nice to see that even indie devs are capable of releasing physical copies of their games.

#12 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:53 PM

since this is a pre-order item does anyone know if they charge the full amount right away or just a pre-auth?

#13 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:58 PM

since this is a pre-order item does anyone know if they charge the full amount right away or just a pre-auth?

Unfortunately, it's the full amount right away.

#14 MikeKeese  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:03 PM

Thank you for posting this. Trying to get a complete NA vita collection and with some of these pre-order only ones you gotta get lucky or pay out the ass later on

#15 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:06 PM

Unfortunately, it's the full amount right away.

thanks screw it bought one anyhow lol rather play it safe instead paying out the ass later

#16 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11783 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

Learned my lesson from last time. Places an order!

#17 exileinoblivion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1433 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

exileinoblivion

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:12 PM

"What that means is that if you’re aiming for a complete collection, you can’t miss it!"

Am i the only one annoyed by that? Kind of a BS sales pitch and tactic.

#18 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7117 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:22 PM

https://www.cheapass...ade/?p=12227192

What's funny, is I saw so many post just like yours for the PS4 version, and 2 days later those same guys where crying that they missed out. I sold my 2 copies of that one for $125 a piece. My only crying was that I didn't order more. No matter what, this is a US only release, and even if they make 5000-10,000(which I doubt), it will be limited and wanted by others years from now. It's a cool game, I own the Vita and 3DS versions.  

"What that means is that if you’re aiming for a complete collection, you can’t miss it!"

Am i the only one annoyed by that? Kind of a BS sales pitch and tactic.

He's pretty much saying this is an official "retail" released game, and if your a "completion-ist" you may want it, if not, don't order it.

#19 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5216 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:30 PM

Still upset I was unable to snag the PS4 version before it sold out (had to wait until pay day and missed it by a couple of days) but I'm after a 100% complete physical Vita collection so I'm absolutely snagging this one now. Thanks OP.

#20 mtk93  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:55 PM

I won a signed copy of the PS4 version on Twitter. I love the game, but personally I would rather have the digital version as I'm not into having physical versions of anything. Where can I sell my version if it's going for that much?

#21 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9383 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:56 PM

#22 Animes  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

lol i understand but you will would be more inclined to make the purchase if you revisit the last few post of the PS4 version's thread , many people hesitated for the same reason and now linger with massive regret.  

#23 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:12 PM

lol i understand but you will would be more inclined to make the purchase if you revisit the last few post of the PS4 version's thread , many people hesitated for the same reason and now linger with massive regret.  

I think he did look at the last few pages of the PS4 thread considering he's making a parody of a lot of the posts that were made in there...

#24 Animes  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:15 PM

I think he did look at the last few pages of the PS4 thread considering he's making a parody of a lot of the posts that were made in there...

Ahh i thought he was being serious my mistake , still though after the onslaught of amiibos i myself learned to not take advantage of things like this its either pay MSRP now or pay a premium later.

#25 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9383 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:17 PM

I don't understand why this is more expensive than the PS4 version though? I don't think I have the game through anything but Steam so may get this.

#26 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:25 PM

I don't understand why this is more expensive than the PS4 version though? I don't think I have the game through anything but Steam so may get this.

cause cartridges are more expensive to produce then disc

#27 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:30 PM

lol, still available after 2 hours.  CONFIRMED NOT RARE.  If it doesn't sell out in 3 mins its not worth it.

:-

#28 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9383 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:42 PM

lol, still available after 2 hours.  CONFIRMED NOT RARE.  If it doesn't sell out in 3 mins its not worth it.

:-

But you see this is actually for gamers. Amiibos are for scalpers...that's the difference!

#29 SpidrMnky   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1896 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:45 PM

But you see this is actually for gamers. Amiibos are for scalpers...that's the difference!

Yea, I don't think a lot of people are probably aware of this right now. Doesn't mean it won't be sought after at some point in the future.

Either way, I'd rather own physical copies for my collection so decided to pick this up. What places will be selling this?

#30 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9383 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:48 PM

Yea, I don't think a lot of people are probably aware of this right now. Doesn't mean it won't be sought after at some point in the future.

Either way, I'd rather own physical copies for my collection so decided to pick this up. What places will be selling this?

Just this place....kind of like when NISA did the Firefly physical edition just for their store. I do prefer physical editions esp for the Vita and the horrible memory cards on it. I don't want to buy a 64 gig just yet.