* * * * * 1 votes

Retro City Rampage Limited Physical Edition (Vita) available at Fangamer $30.00

#61 jgibbons83   JGibbons83 CAGiversary!   271 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

jgibbons83

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:41 PM

Personally, I would keep it sealed. I will play the game when a digital version goes on sale. But if this ends up not being that limited, which is very possible based on this dudes vague responses regarding quantity, then you may as well open it up.

Good answer.  Thanks!

#62 3peen   Banned Banned   278 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:44 PM

Good answer. Thanks!

Happy to help :)

#63 bgrngod   CE/SE/LE/UE/PE/ME whore CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:33 PM

if you use paypal they do not charge you until they ship it 

I paid with Paypal and the funds went over immediately.  Shows as "completed" on my account.

#64 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12445 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:37 PM

Preordered. Got the PS4 version just before it sold out. Really cool that these are being released, I wish more "digital-only" games got physical releases like this. Would love to get Resogun, Axiom Verge, and others in retail format, but I doubt it will happen.

Don't forget to pick up Child of Light.  That just had a physical release a little over a week ago.

#65 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4008 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:46 PM

Don't forget to pick up Child of Light.  That just had a physical release a little over a week ago.

Thanks, I did get one from BB for $16 + tax.  Good suggestion!

#66 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7115 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:28 PM

I paid with Paypal and the funds went over immediately.  Shows as "completed" on my account.

I've always known Paypal to be immediate no matter what. Even when a site only charges at shipping, Paypal is always taken at the time used, as they don't allow "preorders" where they can get charged later. If there is an exception, I've personally never seen it.

#67 bgrngod   CE/SE/LE/UE/PE/ME whore CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:04 PM

I've always known Paypal to be immediate no matter what. Even when a site only charges at shipping, Paypal is always taken at the time used, as they don't allow "preorders" where they can get charged later. If there is an exception, I've personally never seen it.

Same here.  I was expecting to get charged right away.  Not sure what redrum666 was seeing that suggested otherwise.

#68 AwRy108   AwRy108 CAGiversary!   2056 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:01 AM

I've got a 64GB card, and I buy physical when that is an option, and I'm still reaching capacity. I'm about 15GB away right now, but if digital only games keep coming, I'm screwed.

I've been a Vita owner since day one, and buy my games in the physical form whenever possible.  I have a 64GB card, and it's got less than 500MB free.  I place the blame on the great number of PSP titles to play on the Vita.  Oh, and on myself.  Well, yeah, it's pretty much all my fault, LOL.

Anyway, back on topic:  only reason to grab Retro City DX is for collections/resale value.  The game is mediocre at best, and is only $10 on PSN.

#69 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   376 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:04 AM

this is what it told me in the email i got from paypal also my account has not been charge yet 

You authorized a transaction to Fangamer LLC. Money won't leave your account until Fangamer LLC processes your order.

#70 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   376 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:04 AM

DP 

#71 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7115 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:12 AM

this is what it told me in the email i got from paypal also my account has not been charge yet 

You authorized a transaction to Fangamer LLC. Money won't leave your account until Fangamer LLC processes your order.

WOW, this is a first. Do you have funds in your account, or just a card linked to it? I'm just curious as to how you may have gotten this message, when others didn't.

#72 redroversk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

redroversk

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:17 AM

Yup, it's like what NISA and Iffy do with preorders. It's in the lingo of the PP e-mail, Submitted=you pay now, Authorized=you pay later.

#73 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   376 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:25 AM

WOW, this is a first. Do you have funds in your account, or just a card linked to it? I'm just curious as to how you may have gotten this message, when others didn't.

no funds just have my card linked to paypal also this happen when i preordered a blu-ray on funimation online shop my card did not get charge until the item was shipped a month latter 

#74 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1013 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:16 AM

Saw this posted on RCR's Facebook page a couple days ago. I wasn't going to order one since I already own the physical PS4 version, but I figured, what the hell. In for one.

Child Of Light has a physical release now? Didn't know that.

#75 Blumpkin   Lunar Lander CAGiversary!   3098 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:02 AM

Child Of Light has a physical release now? Didn know that.

Yeah, CoL snuck out last week.

#76 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11358 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:46 AM

should i get this? i rarely paid any vita game over $30-ish

#77 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:16 PM

if it something you interested then yes considering the ps4 version sold out when it was released and now cost $150 + on secondary Markets. No saying if this version will be the same but If it does it better then paying a premium later

#78 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7115 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:11 PM

no funds just have my card linked to paypal also this happen when i preordered a blu-ray on funimation online shop my card did not get charge until the item was shipped a month latter 

Mmmmm, maybe this is why you didn't get charged right away. I've never had a delayed charge through Paypal(at least that I ever noticed). I always have funds in my PP account, and funds are taken right away no matter what. 

I've actually found in time, that it is better to not use PP for preorders, due to this issue. The FFX2 Play-Asia issues was a prime example of why not to use PP for any preorders, as there is only a 45 day window to make a claim for any damaged, or lost orders. If it takes weeks, or a month or more for your item to ship, you've now lost greatly in regards to that 45 day claim window.

It won't effect most, but it's something to think about for those using PP for preorders, especially when the funds leave instantly.

Child Of Light has a physical release now? Didn know that. 

Yeah, it first appeared on BB site about a month ago, which spurred speculation of a physical release, and then I believe it was finally announced a short time later. I bought the EU version long after it was released, as I always get physical versions if and where available, and there was no signs this would ever come here physically, so I took the plunge.

The fact the publisher never said this was planned, was a HUGE fail in my opinion, but whatever. I could have saved $10, but in the grand scheme, it's not like this happens often. Actually, in all my years, this was the first time I ordered an import copy of an English version that ended up coming out later, so this was for sure the exception and not the rule. Considering the Vita's overall sales and popularity, I doubt this will EVER happen again.

I have almost 50 physical Vita games, and almost all of them where bought for 20 or less(10 in a lot of cases). So I understand the logic, but this game is supposed to be LE, but who knows. I spoke to the creator over at the Playstation blog a few days ago, and he stated this run is only slightly larger than the PS4 one, so I'm guessing 2500-3000 total.

So where most Vita games reach $25, $20, or even $10 at some point, it's very doubtful this one will. So while you get the "usual CAG suspects" who state this isn't a deal at $30, it really is, as once this sales out, it's very unlikely it can be purchased this cheap again. I say go for it, unless you don't like the game, and then why bother.

#79 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:47 AM

Heads up - it's all sold out now!

#80 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7115 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:00 PM

Heads up - it's all sold out now!

Cool! I actually got an email from Fangamer a few days ago saying it would be gone soon, and order now or miss out. I'm glad to see it was actually "Limited". I'm still guessing 2250-3000 was the run. Now that it is sold out, hopefully Brian will give actual numbers on Qty produced.

I just checked twitter, and he's holding 300 copies back to sale after preorders ship, so if anyone missed out, keep an eye open for the last 300.

EDIT: As of the 3rd, he announced it had out sold the PS4 version, but was still limited to a few thousand(so 3000?), Mmmmmm interesting. https://twitter.com/retrocr

#81 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:18 PM

3000 - 3500 is my best guess. Considering most games have runs of 15k+ - that’s still super low.

#82 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:30 PM

Didn't hesitate to get this one or the ps4 one, but the it's funny to see how different this thread is compared to the ps4 thread.

#83 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7115 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

Didn't hesitate to get this one or the ps4 one, but the it's funny to see how different this thread is compared to the ps4 thread.

Yeah, that was fun wasn't it? LOL

#84 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12445 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

Now watch the values rise....

#85 Billzer  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:54 PM

Dangit, sold out faster than I thought.  Gotta try for one of the 300 later on. 

Any CAG out there willing to sell for $30 plus shipping?  I'm sure several of you ordered more than 1!

#86 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4008 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:30 PM

I like the cover of the Vita version even better than the PS4 version (which I also got).  Surprised to hear this has sold out, I thought he might just take orders up to a certain date, then cut them off.  Anyone still looking should keep checking frequently to see when he releases the extra copies for sale, they will go very fast!

#87 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4151 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

I am surprised this sold out so quickly! I would have loved to get one for $30, anyone who ordered multiple copies want to sell one for $30 plus shipping? 

#88 Mercer   Banned Banned   260 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Mercer

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:04 PM

Personally, I would keep it sealed. I will play the game when a digital version goes on sale. But if this ends up not being that limited, which is very possible based on this dudes vague responses regarding quantity, then you may as well open it up.

So you would buy a video game that is meant to be played and never open it but instead buy a second copy of the game to play?

That mean youd buy a new car and not drive it but instead buy a used one to drive?

#89 LLeopardGGecko   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   675 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

LLeopardGGecko

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:21 PM

Dangit, sold out faster than I thought.  Gotta try for one of the 300 later on. 

Any CAG out there willing to sell for $30 plus shipping?  I'm sure several of you ordered more than 1!

In the same boat. Waited too long to pull the trigger, although $30 plus shipping still seems steep to me. I think I would have ordered a copy if it had been $20 shipped.

#90 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:56 PM

So you would buy a video game that is meant to be played and never open it but instead buy a second copy of the game to play?

That mean youd buy a new car and not drive it but instead buy a used one to drive?

This and the PS4 version were specifically created as collector's items and many of us already own the game digitally on at least one platform.  Also, there are many car collectors who own cars they never drive.  Games are not meant to be anything other than consumer products and people are free to do what they want with them within the limits of the law.