Neverwinter

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Anyone give this a shot yet? Downloaded it just because it's free and am actually having a pretty damn good time with it!

Totally recommend it for anyone that's a fan of fantasy MMORPG's on PC like WoW, The Old Republic, Everquest, etc. They converted the controls to fit the Xbox controller perfectly, I haven't had a single issue with them (yet).

Although it's a "freemium" type model it hasn't really bothered me too much yet. You're only allowed two characters and it's a bit difficult to earn gold right off the bat, but other than those downfalls it plays just like a good old fashioned MMO. So far I've been PvPing a lot with my buddies, but we're slowly getting into the dungeons. I have a level 22 Scourge Warlock and 25 Devoted Claric. I will admit the pricing model for extra races, items, etc. though is absolutely batshit crazy.

Anyways if anyone is looking for someone to play with let me know, my gamertag is Nealocus and my characters names are Ezekiel Ascalon and Sir Healz A Lot.

Here's some gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guWzXLrGagc

I downloaded it on Tuesday and started creating a character on Wednesday but was interrupted. Seems very promising and the opening cinematic was really cool. Reviews of the PC version from 2013 were positive. Gonna try to play soon, but I got some other new games that have been occupying my time.

I downloaded it day one and have played it quite a bit. I am really enjoying it as well. Have a lvl 23 scourge warlock and my alt is a ranger....somewhere around level 12. I agree with you on some of the pricing stuff, but oh well. I am definitely enjoying it just with the content available for free.

Haven't played it since launch but I was in the beta last month. Not generally a big fan of MMOs, but it seemed solid enough from the time I put in. Disappointing that there is only two character slots (hoped that was only a beta limitation).

Probably put some time into it again later this month. Loved my halfling warrior who had a longsword longer than her.

Played a little bit so far on a Trickster Rogue. I'm mixed on it; the basic gameplay is fine but the UI and the overall experience just feels so chintzy and unpolished next to Final Fantasy XIV (which makes complete sense given free vs. subscription).

Played a little bit so far on a Trickster Rogue. I'm mixed on it; the basic gameplay is fine but the UI and the overall experience just feels so chintzy and unpolished next to Final Fantasy XIV (which makes complete sense given free vs. subscription).
Yes, that is exactly what I was worried about. I downloaded this but haven't played yet and I'm worried that its "unpolished" look will distract me. I had that problem with Warframe.

At least the frame rate and responsiveness are way improved from the beta. But yeah... it's a free game that looks like a free game.

Yeah the framerate can be shiiiiiit at times and the UI seems like something out of a Playstation 2 game,  but considering this is free, this is great. Never really played an MMO since Ultima Online like 13 years ago or whatever. I'm only at level 7 with a Sun Elf Control Wizard so far, but enjoying it. That said, I have zero friends playing it so not sure how long I'll stick with it.

Hoping they optimize it a bit and clean up the UI.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked it up the other day as I saw a guy on my friend's list was playing a bunch and he seems to have similar tastes in games. I've been enjoying it so far, got a Great Weapon Fighter up to level 17 so far. It's definitely a good game to pop in for some short time and back out or else go nuts on all day.

I'll agree the framerate does get bad, though. Also, every so often it straight up lags out for me as well for half a minute-ish usually at really bad times like today when I was fighting three orcs at once.

Been playing it a lot. Got a control wizard to 60.

For a F2P game it's not bad at all. This is coming from a guy who played WoW for years. The only thing is their F2P model gets a bit ridiculous sometimes like charging $20+ for companions.  I have not spent any money yet and I was able to get decently geared, enough to do any dungeon in the game. If you want the highest stats possible, then you may need to fork over some money just to get some of the gems (or at least make the process 100 times faster). However, if you don't care about that, then you shouldn't need to spend a dime.

I got my Great Weapon Fighter up to level 45 today.

Besides the lag, the other annoying this is the queue. It seems like 50% of the time I go to start a skirmish or a dungeon for the daily crawl that one of the five people doesn't respond which sends it back into the queue pool. I don't see how they couldn't just teleport you there and either let you try with 4 or let you wait there for a fifth as they join anyway.

Still, I'm really enjoying the teambased stuff. With my somewhat random build, I've found my guy is great for distracting quite a few underlings during boss fights and just running around in circles, stopping to hit them with knockback or group attacks which lets the long range guys do their thing in peace. I also have one of the red X moves which seems to help quite a bit on letting everyone get some extra damage in.

I got my Great Weapon Fighter up to level 45 today.

Besides the lag, the other annoying this is the queue. It seems like 50% of the time I go to start a skirmish or a dungeon for the daily crawl that one of the five people doesn't respond which sends it back into the queue pool. I don't see how they couldn't just teleport you there and either let you try with 4 or let you wait there for a fifth as they join anyway.

Still, I'm really enjoying the teambased stuff. With my somewhat random build, I've found my guy is great for distracting quite a few underlings during boss fights and just running around in circles, stopping to hit them with knockback or group attacks which lets the long range guys do their thing in peace. I also have one of the red X moves which seems to help quite a bit on letting everyone get some extra damage in.
When you get to 60, you will find this is less of a problem (well not less, but more so you queue up faster) since tons more people are doing the dungeons. I recommend just pushing to 60 asap and then doing dungeons.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you get to 60, you will find this is less of a problem (well not less, but more so you queue up faster) since tons more people are doing the dungeons. I recommend just pushing to 60 asap and then doing dungeons.
Got up to level 60 a while back and you're right, the queue is way better.

I really like the way my GWF build has come together, plus today I finally got a purple mount. I was having no luck with getting a skeleton steed (must've opened 50), so I bought a tyr box today and lucked into the drake. That removes the last of the green stuff I'm using. Right now I'm down to two blue, a level 55 shirt I haven't bothered upgrading and the Priestess companion.

I also set up an Archer as a secondary after reaching 60 during the last double RP thing. Not sure I'll play him much until the next double RP time as not having sprint is brutal.

bread's done
Back