Wolfenstein The New Order on PS4 $11.98 @ Target YMMV

sycomike01

CAGiversary!
[attachment=13515:rsz_20150401_213741.jpg]

I found this yesterday, and thought I would share. They had Wolfenstein in the clearence section for $11.98. YMMV Hopefully the pic is not to blurry. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus. Do people even look before making threads anymore?!?! There is a Target clearance thread.
What...is this supposed to the secret law of CAG?

And you think this is the first that a deal was posted outside it's "super mega awesome 10000000 page long clearance thread"?

Thanks OP for letting me know of this

Lol it's pretty funny how late this is but it does help out some people who don't check out target clearance thread. It sucks how one store near me has it for $27 while the other has it for $20. Why won't it go $11 already

And you think this is the first that a deal was posted outside it's "super mega awesome 10000000 page long clearance thread"?

Hey Lurker if your too lazy to check out deals don't complain

Jesus. Do people even look before making threads anymore?!?! There is a Target clearance thread.
r5gKEIn.gif

If you see one in store labeled higher than $11.98, it doesn't hurt to scan it and double check. I found an Xbox One copy on Monday that rang up at this price but was still labeled for $27.98.

Alas, none at stores near me. Hats off to folks who get it. Cliche, but far far better than anyone expected or, frankly, a remake of a 90's shooter deserves to be. Easily worth the $12 and a pretty easy play, too.

Can confirm I got this deal after 2 of the Targets in the north KC, MO area. It stacked with the B1 get 1 50% off deal, so I got 2 copies for ~$20.

Still have 1 extra copy...

EDIT: copy has been claimed by fellow CAG

Hey Lurker if your too lazy to check out deals don't complain
can you even read? at which point in my post was I "complaining"?

well I suppose spouting bullshit is what you do best. keep on it! go lakers!

the cognitive level of some cags here saddens me

I posted in the main Target clearance thread a few days ago that I also found it for $11.98 (Xbox One) at my local store in Greenville, SC.

I'm going to check my target in the morning.

Thanks OP
You're not going to get far, they're closed for Easter.

People are just salty they can't be killing Nazi's for the affordable price of $11.98.
This has nothing to do with anything, but is it possible to get the word "salty" added to list of words that should never, ever, be used again by anyone, anywhere, unless of course you are literally referring to something that tastes like salt?

You're not going to get far, they're closed for Easter.

This has nothing to do with anything, but is it possible to get the word "salty" added to list of words that should never, ever, be used again by anyone, anywhere, unless of course you are literally referring to something that tastes like salt?
What about the ocean? Lol
this one's still $19.98 at my local target. I'll check it tomorrow to see if it drops with some other stuff

The Target near me has

New Order PS3 - $11.98

PS4 - $17.98

Xbox One - $11.98

I also was able to get Project Spark for $10.98

This is YMMV, I was able to buy the xbox one version last week at $11.98 and bought two for the B1G1 50%. A friend of mine has never played it so I gave him a copy. The target here Project Spark is still $27.98 so I hope Monday it drops to $10.98 as they have a few copies.

A secret law? No but anyone who understands when you have a deal that belongs in an existing compilation thread then you put it in there for two reasons. 1 becuse if all the target stuff is in the target thread then everyone knows you go to that thread for target cleanerance instead of having to check multiple pages or searching for them. And 2 so the main page doesnt get clogged up with stuff and real individual deals dont get pushed off the main page. If you took a break from being a cynically **** and exercised some common sense youd understand that.

A secret law? No but anyone who understands when you have a deal that belongs in an existing compilation thread then you put it in there for two reasons. 1 becuse if all the target stuff is in the target thread then everyone knows you go to that thread for target cleanerance instead of having to check multiple pages or searching for them. And 2 so the main page doesnt get clogged up with stuff and real individual deals dont get pushed off the main page. If you took a break from being a cynically **** and exercised some common sense youd understand that.
Sorry, but I couldn't agree less. Those threads are full of so much useless chatter that they are not worth scavenging for actual deals. I appreciate the OP doing this separately.

Sorry, but I couldn't agree less. Those threads are full of so much useless chatter that they are not worth scavenging for actual deals. I appreciate the OP doing this separately.
I agree 100% with you, but unfortunately putting all of the best deals into compilation threads is being pushed harder and harder as this site moves forward. I still fondly remember the days of this site where you could scroll the thread titles and the best deals would stand out and raise to the top of the forums. Now you have to read through hundreds of discussion posts that have nothing to do with posting actual deals, meaning many of the best deals are missed unless you spend 100% of your time on this site.

I used to use CAG to find 90% of my gaming deals, but anymore I find my deals by discovering them for myself or using slickdeals. Yes, Slickdeals is actually a better site for finding gaming deals at this point. :whistle2:k Nothing I say is going to change that unfortunately, so the Reddit style commenting and ranting may continue...

I don't think anybody mentioned that this was in the twitter feed by someone I can assume is important, since his icon/face is next to the site name and on my tab in firefox right now.

Will Best Buy price match a clearance item, or does it have to be $11.98 online for it to work?

Would you rather have the whole forum be full of useless chatter? So should we create individual threads for every Target clearance game? That'll be about 12 new threads for the Vita games, another 30 threads for the PS3 and XB360games. It just seems to me that it would add a whole bunch of clutter to the Video Games Deals forum. While I see your point, to me using one Target Clearance megathread is the lesser of two evils.

liberty, chouteau or the one by metro? just curious, ive seen it at liberty but it was higher.
I checked the one on N Madison Ave and didnt see any copies. When I went to the one on Skyview Ave, I found 2 copies for myself and I think there were still 2-3 left. That was on Thursday.

Would you rather have the whole forum be full of useless chatter? So should we create individual threads for every Target clearance game? That'll be about 12 new threads for the Vita games, another 30 threads for the PS3 and XB360games. It just seems to me that it would add a whole bunch of clutter to the Video Games Deals forum. While I see your point, to me using one Target Clearance megathread is the lesser of two evils.
Megathreads are rarely useful. So yes, I would prefer individual threads instead of having to read through 400 posts about how someone checked their store and found a different price, but they managed to grab some Lego that were on sale in their toys section.

As another user mentioned, SlickDeals is the easiest way to actually find a video game deal. No megathreads of chatter, just deals. Megathreads probably could be useful if they were used appropriately, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

So again, thank you OP, as I would not have seen this deal otherwise.

Wolfenstien was $20 at my local target. They had 4 ps4 copies left, so I'm just going to check back next week. Also saw gravity rush for ~$5 and pikmin 3 for $30

my target also had 19.99 copies of PS4 wolfenstein....mentioned the 11.98 deal to the electronics guy who said he would honor it if it was OK with the manager. Manager said no way.. oh well. 

Seen one PS3 copy that said it was $9.98 but the scanner picked up as $11.98 . Stashed a ps3 copy and a xbox 360 to check on later.

Here's one problem with those worthless mega threads.

I DON'T SHOP AT TARGET.

So if there is a "Target Clearance" thread.. Odds are i'm not going to go look in the thread for one. We have two Targets here, and both have prices that are well above Walmart and Bestbuy. On just about everything. Sure I take a look at the weekly sales flyer, but thats it.

Also, Wolfenstein isn't one of those games I was really ever interested in to begin with. But.. for $11.98 you have my attention.

So when I see two threads mentioning Target. One says "Target Clearance" the other says "Wolfenstein $11.98 at Target" I'm going to go look at the Wolfenstein thread.

That ClusterF*** of a thread you mention... DOES NOT LIST WOLFENSTEIN AT ALL.

Wait... maybe page 17 post 9837596.0 does... :roll:

It *should* be listed on page 1 as being on clearance, it is not. (at any price)

So if the OP did check that thread first as you say he should have... HE WOULDN'T HAVE SEEN WOLFENSTEIN ANYWAY. OP did nothing wrong in posting this deal.

bread's done
Back