Uwe Boll Producer 12 Hour Twitch Stream 4/8 For Rampage 3 Donations - Giving Away NIB Amiibo, 10 Copies of Payday 2 Ultimate Steal Edition 4 PC Steam

stealthenight

CAG Newbie
Yes, I develop Uwe Boll films from time to time. I also have a Twitch channel I am streaming from. We are gathering donations for the film Rampage 3, which is in financial trouble as of now. So I am holding a 12 hour stream on 4/15 to try and push for donations for the film. 

This is my Twitch channel, please follow. http://www.twitch.tv/theottomanlive

This is my Twitter, feel free to follow. https://twitter.com/TheRealGaryOtto

I will try my best to follow those who follow, back. If you follow me on Twitter, retweets to spread the word are much appreciated. Really.

On the 12 Hour stream I will be giving away a few NIB Amiibo (yes you'd have to give your address if you won)

also on the 12 hour stream I will be giving away several copies of Payday 2: Ultimate Steal Edition (full game plus some of the DLC) for PC / Steam code (if you win you don't have to give your address)

I know some of you out there dislike the video game films made through the years. Know that I have been in this camp for at least 10 years but had very little say in the development process until just a few years ago. I tried my best to reboot Bloodrayne films into something that coincided with the games more fluidly. Unfortunately, the series had already suffered significant damage and the lack of support for the films got the re-imagining cancelled late in pre-production. I tried to resurrect the In the Name of the King series with an un-produced prequel and tv pilot that never made it either. I did Associate Produce the 3rd In the Name of the King film. The development process is hard, relies a lot on other people's work. It's a team effort. I can answer some of your questions about some of the films that I was around for, as long as you keep it respectful. 

I am just a human being, just a dude. Just like you. I love video games, and I hope to gain your support and hopefully widen your perspective, that the media in it's attempt to sell ads, may have left you with a poisonous perspective rather than the reality - we are good people, we work really hard and are driven by a passion for film. 

It took 25 years for Cannon Pictures to finally get recognized as "cult" and be accepted for what it was - entertainment. I hope it won't take that long for people to see Boll's video game films exist on that same level. True drive-in cinema, cult classics meant to make you laugh with your friends, and have a good time. Those were never trying to be anything but drive-in films. With the rise of "Grindhouse" maybe this will give you greater perspective on them.

It's easy to judge from an armchair, especially on the internet, but I want Rampage 3 (a film that actually has something to say, not to be mistaken for the video game level films) - I want Rampage 3 to be made and do well so it doesn't end up cancelled like say, a movie we tried to make a few years ago. You may have heard of it, "Postal 2" based on that video game series. The catch 22 is, these films rely on $, if they get no support, they gather no $ - and the next film doesn't get made. There is no German tax credit, not for a very long time. Don't believe everything you read. I hope to see some of you on the stream on 4/8, and I hope you will consider a donation to the film. Every dollar helps, small or big. Some will win the giveaway, some won't, but come by anyway. Know that if you are disrespectful you will be instantly banned so please keep it clean. I did not to the "Risky Business" slide at your grandfather's funeral. :)

Thanks for listening, guys. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck that shit man. The original Rampage was a pretty cathartic movie. Good luck to you man.
Thanks, man. I agree, Bolls films that aren't video game films for the past few years have been stellar. Rampage series is gonzo, but that's part of what makes it awesome. It actually gets people thinking, offensive or not. Bolls got balls haha

Check out Assault on Wall Street with Dominic Purcell (Prison Break) if you haven't already. With him, Edward Furlong (Brainscan, Terminator 2), Keith David (Saints Row IV, John Carpenter's They Live) - there were only two posters ever printed for Assault on Wall Street's theatrical run. If anyone is a fan and makes a significant contribution of a couple hundred bucks, I'll send you one of the two posters in existence. It is one of the posters hung at the L.A. theater it was showing at.

Hell, if you donate a couple thousand, I'll put you in Rampage 3 when it get shot. You'd have to pay your own airfare, but here's a way to buy yourself a part in the movie. Can't guarantee it will be a speaking part, but if you ever wanted to "get killed" on cam, I can make it happen if you hit the right mark in a generous donation.

Rampage 3 needs to get made, it has way too much to say not to get made.

I hope to see you on the stream, man! Follow - CHEERS

All U.S. Mint on card

I have 2 Megaman Amiibos to give away, 2 Sonic amiibos to give away, a toad amiibo to give away, samus, diddy kong...

and maybe we'll see what else. I do have a gold mario and a rosalina on card, but those are reserved for the high rollers only. I probably won't give those away unless one of you is the man with the donations. Time will tell.

Be kind guys, peace.

also looks like I will have Lucario, and a New Nintendo 3DS Majoras Mask system to give away? If it doesn't arrive in time, I may have to give those away on a future stream.

I hope to see some of you guys there. Peace.

hey man, Twitch actually crashed for the whole system just after I wrapped up. But sometimes the chat is slow to load. So if it's being slow just wait for a min or two to load, or hit refresh and then wait a min or two. Twitch gets slower the more traffic they get across the entire network.

I will be giving away more amiibo and games and taking donations on another 12 hour stream on Weds April 15. Thanks for trying to tune in. Next week I'll give Postal 2 a go, for sure... 

Cheers

gave away a Sonic amiibo, a Mega Man amiibo and several copies of Payday 2 on here yesterday plus Playday 2 DLC

I didn't mean give it a go, I mean tell Uwe Boll to make a second Postal movie! I'll buy another of those any day...

I didn't mean give it a go, I mean tell Uwe Boll to make a second Postal movie! I'll buy another of those any day...
georox, there is a treatment for a Postal 2 movie. We were trying to have it made a few years ago, with the support of Running With Scissors. But in the end these all come down to money. Licensing a game, producing a movie costs a LOT of money. Money has been not so great lately, and getting each movie made is a struggle without the public support. I was devastated when our Kickstarter for Postal 2 did not procure enough funds, so the movie was CANCELLED. This is what will happened to Rampage 3 if we can't get more public support, donations. What I've been giving away far surpasses what we've taken in... I would really appreciate you spreading the word, helping us possibly get some more donations for Rampage 3. Because I assure you, if this movie is made there would be a more convincing stance to give Postal 2 the movie another shot. Especially if gamers were the ones who helped get Rampage 3 made. I try to encourage support for video games as a producer here, but we need your support, too. I want the quality to get better and better, I want more of these game films to be made. Help us fund Rampage 3, and lets see where it takes us. Postal 2 was almost there, to be made, but very few donated. We really do need your support. Anyone who thinks we are Hollywood should know we are independent... money is tight... and Postal 2 is a movie, just like Rampage, that it is difficult to get financed by traditional means because they are perceived as unmarketable, offensive, politically charged things. They're art... financiers want something that will be on-the rails to make them money. We make these films just to make more movies, the money goes right back into the next movie. No financier would touch Postal 2 or Rampage 3, thats why we fund them ourselves. But we need your help.

Thanks for reaching out.

I was logged in to Twitch actually :p Was watching the stream too.

Anyways, I'll be honest, his only movie I've liked was Postal, but it's one of those things where the series matches his... style...? enough that it works. I've watched most of his movies, all else I'd buy the DVDs when they hit the bargain bin just for laughs, but Postal is the only one that hasn't been thrown out/sold after one viewing. Can't say Rampage 3 excites me at all, I just want to see a Postal 2 get made. I didn't even *know* there was a kickstarter for it and I follow RWS on Tumblr, probably Twitter too. There needs to be more advertising on this stuff, all else social networking. The fact that I didn't even know a kickstarter existed for it is a terrible sign.

I was logged in to Twitch actually :p Was watching the stream too.

Anyways, I'll be honest, his only movie I've liked was Postal, but it's one of those things where the series matches his... style...? enough that it works. I've watched most of his movies, all else I'd buy the DVDs when they hit the bargain bin just for laughs, but Postal is the only one that hasn't been thrown out/sold after one viewing. Can't say Rampage 3 excites me at all, I just want to see a Postal 2 get made. I didn't even *know* there was a kickstarter for it and I follow RWS on Tumblr, probably Twitter too. There needs to be more advertising on this stuff, all else social networking. The fact that I didn't even know a kickstarter existed for it is a terrible sign.
Running With Scissors was actively advertising it on their forums, Twitter, etc. We don't have money to advertise, all the money gets put into the film. This is where people like you come in. We need fans of the games and the films to actively post about it online to gain momentum. When people don't, films get cancelled.

Try not to judge Boll TODAY based on the video game films from 10 years ago.

It's like saying I won't watch Apocalypse Now just because Francis Ford Coppola once directed hokey B-films produced by Roger Corman (Dementia 13, The Bellboy and the Playgirls, The Terror) - sometimes you have to work your way up to where you want to be... when you have complete control... Have you seen "Assault on Wall Street" ? Any of the Rampage films? If not, I suggest checking them out before you make a sweeping statement. Assault is one of his strongest works. Here: http://video.xbox.com/en-us/movie/assault-on-wall-street/ed2b350d-403f-43d7-95f9-760c11780259 - that was very low budget, too. It came out really well.

I would appreciate it if you would give us a chance. Postal 2 could potentially have a shot to be resurrected, I have actually been rooting for it, but I'll tell you this - if Rampage 3 doesn't get made Postal 2 coming back would have a 0.1 percent chance. Please support, thanks. Each film is a daisy chain, linked as far as financing goes. If you break the chain, how can we afford to make the next film? And sorry about Twitch, I got your message on there I believe, and responded. It was probably a systemic glitch on their end. I'd email their support if that continues to be an issue, hopefully it is fixed though. There should be a "popout" button for chat under the gear icon that might help you see the chat better.

Will be streaming again this weds. Hope you can tune in. I understand your reluctance because some of the video game films admittedly are pretty bad, not for everyone, but things have been changing (Postal's production was the catalyst for this quality turnover) and if we can make more movies, they are only going to get better from here.

Amiibo and some games will be given away this weds. Next weds I think I should have some promo goodies from those films everyone loves to hate, signed by Boll... until then

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back