Daring

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
anyone interested in MKX?

CAG fight club, drop your name below. 

PSN: s1ngleShot98

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered it digitally a while back with the $100 get $15 promo as there was not much I wanted at the time.

That being said I completely agree with you 8bit, the fact that the DLC roster was revealed before the full retail roster was revealed really pissed me off. Even without the DLC though the roster is 25 strong which I cannot really complain about and so I do not mind them making more DLC, that is just fighting norm; my problem was how early it was all revealed. Oh well.

I actually watched all 2 hours of the cutscenes compiled together from the last Mortal Kombat's Story Mode to get me back in the universe throughout this week at work during downtime. I finished it up today and am even more stoked than before for this. I am leaving for vacation tomorrow and then wont be back until Wednesday and then have a bunch going on Wednesday night and then Thursday night and so unfortunately I wont really get to sink my teeth into this until the weekend after release.

I wish I could get the mobile game right now since the Injustice one was pretty solid but so far it is just on iTunes.

I love having a release like this where I am genuinely excited for it, knowing it is coming from one of my hometown developers. Chicago pretty much sucks ass now for full retail console releases other than the little bit from High Voltage and then of course NetherRealm's stuff. Been contemplating going for a couple different jobs at NetherRealm actually but would much prefer to just get out of the Midwest entirely. Sorry got a bit distracted there haha

Oh yea, psn= VashTheStampede_

I'm really looking forward to this.  

Ed Boon has stated that the netcode will be much improved over MK9 and Injustice.  My major complaint was that MK9 was atrocious online.  The lag was a real buzz kill.  

As for the Kombat pass yeah the $30 is pretty steep but I'm more annoyed about it being Day 1 DLC.  That's usually addressed via free patches on launch day (which they already have a 2GB patch coming lol go figure).  Although I do really like the Ronin Kenshi helmet that comes with the Kombat pass.  The ronin looks friggin' sweet.

Yeah the aesthetic stuff with the Kombat pass is pretty cool looking. I have so many games lately and so little time I will gauge by how sucked into this game I get as to whether or not I will buy the pass hah

I did notice on one of the rotating marquee signs here in the city the one for this game actually says on the bottom, "Made here in Chicago" woohoo for custom advertising! I hope this game does sell well though, I am still shocked that MK is still a household name. For so long there is felt like it was going to die but I give mad props to NetherRealm for turning the series around.

keep in mind broly, its actually 24 character roster as i wouldnt consider goro part of the base group since he is only preorder only with "ill become dlc later"

im in the mindset where if they just have shit ala carte, like $2 per character or .50 per skin, they would sell a shit ton more of dlc and probably make more money then packaging it all together for $30. i never bought any of the dlc for 9 either, as that was over priced and this is even more over priced.

i just wish people would stop forking over so much money for so little content so these devs realize its not ok to price gouge.

i love MK and will always favor the gameplay over SF and wouldve got the plat in mk9 if it wasnt for that ridiculous kung fu is stronger trophy.

That is true, but still 24 characters in a roster is still a VERY complete game I think.

I am not arguing the DLC as a whole though hah I completely agree that the pricing model is a bit ridiculous and I too would probably buy more if the DLC was not all clumped together with a single purchase and instead could be pieced out like you suggested.

From a financial standpoint though I see their difficulty. Large AAA titles and big studios, which NetherRealm isnt huge but still a fairly large company, are having a hell of a time recouping their investments with titles lately. The climate in gaming is changing and with small studios able to produce quality games with just a few people, large studios are suffering because the money just isnt there unless they really make it big. From that viewpoint then I honestly cannot blame them. They give us 24 solid characters and basically say hey, if you want EVEN more and would like to support us, here are some bonus fun fan service characters you can buy for extra.

I am totally conflicted because as a professional I can understand but as a consumer it rubs me the wrong way.

The roster may be 24 characters but you also have to factor in the 3 variations for each fighter.  The gameplay is very different between them so the game feels like it has a lot more dimensions to it than what it appears to have on the surface.  I wouldn't be surprised if they had an extra unlockable character or two since NR studios has hidden a lot of secret characters in the past.

My fight pad just came from Amazon.  Now I wish I never sold my MK9 tournament stick.  

Seriously? Im seeing you can buy 5 easy fatality inputs for .99 cents, or 30 for 4.99. I also see you can unlock everything in the krypt for 20.00. Its not enough they nickel and dime their fans for 30 more dollars for extra characters, they try to sell this shit? Wow. Kind of makes me glad that i didnt buy the game. Even though im a pretty big MK fan, the game + season pass + controller is just too much money to spend for one game. A game that i dont even think has Jade, how could they not have Jade in the game? Maybe ill get it down the road when its 40 or less for the game of the year edition.

picking this up in an hour!!

edit: holy online lag batman!!!
Is it really bad for you? I'm playing through story mode first and hoping another patch is released soon before I get online to play.

I like the fightpad but I'll be pissed as hell if I can't even use it online if the game is unplayable. I'm holding off on the season pass until I know this game will have a stable online community.

Is it really bad for you? I'm playing through story mode first and hoping another patch is released soon before I get online to play.

I like the fightpad but I'll be pissed as hell if I can't even use it online if the game is unplayable. I'm holding off on the season pass until I know this game will have a stable online community.
some were bad yeah. maybe it was the other guy. i have my ps4 hardwired with like 50mb down and 10mb up, so i shouldnt have any lag.

.A game that i dont even think has Jade, how could they not have Jade in the game? Maybe ill get it down the road when its 40 or less for the game of the year edition.
kitana has a staff weapon variation so shes basically jade, just not jade.

some were bad yeah. maybe it was the other guy. i have my ps4 hardwired with like 50mb down and 10mb up, so i shouldnt have any lag.

kitana has a staff weapon variation so shes basically jade, just not jade.
It seems like the netcode impressions are sporadic. Some people are saying it's playing just fine and others are having lag input issues. The consensus so far though is that it's much improved over MK9 and Injustice.

Seriously? Im seeing you can buy 5 easy fatality inputs for .99 cents, or 30 for 4.99. I also see you can unlock everything in the krypt for 20.00. Its not enough they nickel and dime their fans for 30 more dollars for extra characters, they try to sell this shit? Wow. Kind of makes me glad that i didnt buy the game. Even though im a pretty big MK fan, the game + season pass + controller is just too much money to spend for one game. A game that i dont even think has Jade, how could they not have Jade in the game? Maybe ill get it down the road when its 40 or less for the game of the year edition.
No one is forcing you to buy these things. Are they ridiculous? Absolutely, but they aren't a requirement. I'm looking forward to picking up my copy of MKX after work, I am hoping that Best Buy has some of the game pad's in stock too. I'm assuming that the cheap easy fatalities will not work online because that would suck if they did and completely ruin the online play, which is apparently very lagging right now.

I picked up my copy this morning and have been having fun so far.  I will be sending out some friend requests to people that posted their PSN id's.  My id is in my sig pic.

You know i look at that target deal, buy MKX get season pass for 10 bucks more, thats a pretty good deal. But what kills me is i missed out on Goro, which really stops me from getting the game. Is there anyway to get Goro still? When will he be released for non pre order people? Never thought a pre order bonus would stop me from getting a game, but it is right now.

You know i look at that target deal, buy MKX get season pass for 10 bucks more, thats a pretty good deal. But what kills me is i missed out on Goro, which really stops me from getting the game. Is there anyway to get Goro still? When will he be released for non pre order people? Never thought a pre order bonus would stop me from getting a game, but it is right now.
I guarantee you he will be released as DLC for everyone eventually. Best Buy has some great deals on MKX with purchase of season pass and GCU makes the deal better than Target IMO.

No one is forcing you to buy these things. Are they ridiculous? Absolutely, but they aren't a requirement. I'm looking forward to picking up my copy of MKX after work, I am hoping that Best Buy has some of the game pad's in stock too. I'm assuming that the cheap easy fatalities will not work online because that would suck if they did and completely ruin the online play, which is apparently very lagging right now.
The only retailers that carry the gamepad are Gamestop and Amazon fyi

Yea, after playing this game all day, I reallllly need a stick that works on my PS4.  Sadly all my sticks in the house are 360 so I think I need that Chronus thing to get it to work on PS4.

It looks like Netherealm didnt really care about the outlash about the DLC being on disc for MK9.  Goro & Jason are on there, and so far there are two characters with full movesets that arent playable or even on the DLC list (maybe waiting for Kombat Pack 2")

Yea, after playing this game all day, I reallllly need a stick that works on my PS4. Sadly all my sticks in the house are 360 so I think I need that Chronus thing to get it to work on PS4.

It looks like Netherealm didnt really care about the outlash about the DLC being on disc for MK9. Goro & Jason are on there, and so far there are two characters with full movesets that arent playable or even on the DLC list (maybe waiting for Kombat Pack 2")
yeah fighting sindel, rain and baraka in story mode but not have them on the character roster is a huge WTF

we need to get a CAG king of the hill fight night going. itll help with that terrible 1000 respect point trophy too

Got home from vacation last night around midnight and loaded up MK (had it digitally preordered) and although I only played a tiny bit I am really digging it. Raiden has always been a main of mine and I am REALLY digging the Ethereal Mileena. I just always love teleporting characters. Ermac seems solid as does Kenshi.

I am excited to get to sink my teeth into this more this weekend!

What's the quickest way to get coin? Also is this game pronounced Mortal Kombat X as in the letter X or is it just 10? I remember at E3 the called it X as in the letter X. 

What's the quickest way to get coin? Also is this game pronounced Mortal Kombat X as in the letter X or is it just 10? I remember at E3 the called it X as in the letter X.
delete the patch. lol. now we know why they nerfed how much koin you get... so they could tempt people with the $20 to instantly unlock it bullshit. you got like 5 times amount of koin pre patch

Working now. That was strange. Did tuturial. Got trophy and nothing. Tried quite a number of times. Finally gave up. Just went back to it now and it works. Strange.

I got home around midnight and went to download the game and everything and it was taking forever obviously being 30+ GBs. It had installed enough for me to start though but the only options open were training and single battles. The patch was already installed though it just had more to go for the main game. It had better be working by tonight then! I know the PC version has been having its share of real hiccups it seems.

So is this game easy to play using the standard PS4 controller? What i mean is the Dpad good enough to pull off moves without fail, does the LS also work pretty good? I think i would rather use the dpad myself. I remember i had problems pulling off moves in the MK game for PS3 that had kratos. But the PS4 dpad seems like it would be a big improvement.

So is this game easy to play using the standard PS4 controller? What i mean is the Dpad good enough to pull off moves without fail, does the LS also work pretty good? I think i would rather use the dpad myself. I remember i had problems pulling off moves in the MK game for PS3 that had kratos. But the PS4 dpad seems like it would be a big improvement.
I would say it gets the job done. Not going to be at a competitive level but for casual fighting sure.

Yeah, I also noticed that if you don't install the patch only two characters will be available, Sub-Zero and Scorpion.
I love MK so I'm all in with this game but the DLC paywall being on disc and mandatory internet connection is pretty scummy to me. Hopefully they use their profits and reinvest on improving the netcode.

As for the dpad, my left thumb gets sensitive after using the DS4 dpad for awhile. The fight pad is more properly aligned and didn't give me problems like the ds4 did. As Chief said, if you are more of a casual player, the controller is fine.

I would say it gets the job done. Not going to be at a competitive level but for casual fighting sure.
the fatal 8 mk tourney was using controllers and they tore shit up. you can still be competitive and use a controller.

also some stuff being lockd out is possibly a glitch. when i installed the game and patch, story, online and krypt were all red and unselectable. i did one living tower and it all unlocked. so maybe it just wasnt done installing, but theres people on pplaystationtrophies.org that are saying it isnt unlocking at all no matter what. even a day after installing the game. i made a thread about you can read here: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/mortal-kombat-x/264268-so-why-online-krypt-story-unselectable.html

so this invasion boss battle is happening right now and this is fucking ri-goddamn-diculous. the enemy is fucking relentless and it has armor so even if you hit them it doesnt phase them and thy just keep attacking. once you finally break the more, youre basically have 1 hit left.

d-pad may actually be an advantage as the right triger can be use as the block button. its more diffcult on a fightstick as its not as comfortable to hold down a button to block compare to RT.  

back to topic,

any cags' want to play or start a fight club, add me. 

PSN: s1ngleshot98

I main Quanchi (and a noob at it)

I started off with Ethereal Mileena but after using Kenjutsu Kenshi I have totally ditched my Tarkatan Mistress haha

Though after seeing this I am most definitely intrigued... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxvY9c__Usw

I started off with Ethereal Mileena but after using Kenjutsu Kenshi I have totally ditched my Tarkatan Mistress haha

Though after seeing this I am most definitely intrigued... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxvY9c__Usw
great kombo if your opponent stays still and doesnt block. lol

great kombo if your opponent stays still and doesnt block. lol
Hahah well blocking is a big 'duh' but yeah that setup is like 2.5 seconds long which is likely to get interrupted. Either way it just put Khan more on my radar to test out and mess with those buffs and everything.

Like I said though I am LOVING Kenshi though so I will be focusing on him for a while.

the set up buff characters like kotal and one of quan chi's just seem like too much work. i was doing ermac since he was one of my mains from 9 but ive shifted to kung jin and i like his bojitsu set up.

bread's done
Back