Xbox 360 System Update for Preview Program Members – Now Supporting 2TB Hard Drives

My pants just got tight thinking about that.   No more scavenging space on my internal or slapping flash drives externally on the system.

2TB drive is under $100 without much issue, so that's a nice price to pay for going to 2.5TB total on a X360.  Double that for 4.5TB total space.

I would hope that any external drive that works OK on an XB1 would work OK on a X360, though slower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this live now for preview members?  I plugged in an external drive I have and when I went to format it it still says that a max of 32gb will be available.

Thank god. Can finally get my Rockband/Rocksmith stuff back on with all of my purchased games. I just went through a couple of months ago and deleted backlog stuff since I was down to the last 5 GB or so.

Finally got the updates on the console I registered over the weekend.  Nice to finally have the ability to load everything up on a couple large HDD to easily bring stuff from system to system. 

Can anyone recommend any good 2TB drives to use? Would like to pick a couple up and consolidate my games onto a couple drives.

Finally got the updates on the console I registered over the weekend. Nice to finally have the ability to load everything up on a couple large HDD to easily bring stuff from system to system.

Can anyone recommend any good 2TB drives to use? Would like to pick a couple up and consolidate my games onto a couple drives.
I'm using as 4TB Western Digital MyBook on my XB1 and the 2TB version of it on my Wii U, both have been working since the end of last year without any issues to date. There's other drives to look at, such as the Seagate Expansion drives and Hitatchi Touro drives.

I'd suggest using a 3.5" external HDD with an AC adapter, so you won't run into issues with a power problem from the USB port on a USB 3.0 drive, which is the issue with the Wii U. A USB 3.0 drive will need a Y-cable to plug into two USB 2.0 ports for interface and power, as USB 2.0 (500 mA) doesn't provide the higher amount of power (900mA) that USB 3.0 drives without AC adapters need.

Thanks, I will have to check some of those out.  I have a 5tb Seagate that I have been using on my XB1.  I know some people do not like that brand but it has been solid for me so far.

It will be nice to put everything on one drive that I can move around easily.  Hopefully these drives will be quicker than the original hard drives that come with the console. Once I got some games.installs and DLC on them they slowed down very fast.

bread's done
Back