CAGcast #402: Iron Nose

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Wombat explains about how he blew a chance to be a superhero, Shipwreck guarantees a future game will be good, and Cheapy plays Bloodborne and Heroes of the Storm.  Also, we discuss Lego Dimensions and trips to exotic locales.

Download (1 hour 12 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS
https://audioboom.com/boos/3071193-cagcast-402-iron-nose

Get $5 off your order (with free shipping) at http://www.harrys.com with coupon code cagcast

Grab the free CAGcast app for iOS and Android! 

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Outro

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to say again that Wombat's bloody nose situation is indeed not unheard of. My experience is pretty much exactly what he described: lots of bloody noses when I was a teen and younger, and still get them periodically but not quite as often now. My worst time of the year for them was actually around this time, in early Spring. It honestly was never that bad to deal with, just a mild annoyance. Also, I got a version of what he was talking about with cauterizing the nose - I had silver nitrate rubbed on the inside of my nostrils. The doctor claimed it would stop them completely. It did not. At all. I believe I got another bloody nose within a month, if not even sooner.

Great show.  How many square feet is Shipwreck's basement?

I would love a Heroes of the Storm Beta Key.

(Concerning cagcast 401)

Hey cheapy,

When I click the show notes nothing happens,

anyways you intro''d  with my favorite song I used to play Super Mario Kart with, the Speedracer song. However, when I click the linkage it keeps directing me to #402 Intro high energy. I don't know the version of that speedracer song, so I can't find it on youtube.

Couldn't agree with Wombat more. The game part of Disney Infinity 2.0 is pretty basic and boring. The first one was a little better but not by much. It struck me when I played Skylanders Trap Team with my nieces how much better of a video game it is. They offer a variety of things to do to mix up gameplay. Even the story and humor is better.

The shipwreck gaming basement sounds like it's coming along nicely. I would like to see a video tour when it's finished.

"Bread's done" is probably better off a mystery to people since I just looked it up where it came from.

Wombat, just last month I was talking to an ENT and he mentioned pretty much your exact situation - rapid temperature changes combined with the dry air of winter causing nosebleeds. Get a saline mist inhaler and keep the skin in there from drying out, that should take care of it. Also, cauterizing does hurt but it's very short term pain. Zap and it's done. It helped me for a few years. That said, I hope you don't have a deviated septum. I did, and I once had a nosebleed so bad that they had to call an ambulance for me. It was like the battle with the Crazy 88 in Kill Bill. It looked like a crime scene. I ended up missing 2 weeks of work from it and had to have surgery. Good luck.

First Tuesday of every month just go onto the sony site and put all the freebies into your basket. Even if you don't download em, youll have em if you ever wanna play em later.

Say hi to the 1st boss and use the bold hunters mark to escape. Meeting a boss for the first time gives 1 insight point which allows you to level up. Key to the first boss is using the gun right before hes about to hit you then walking up to him for a stab and moltov him when he gets low.

Hardest bosses in the game will be the 2nd and 3rd bosses and everything after that is pretty cake with all the leveling and ability to summon people to coop with. 3rd boss is actually easy when you figure out the easy way of avoiding his swipes. Ive killed em without him touching me. Story mode stuff is all pretty easy. Theres a few bosses in the chalice dungeons that made my hands sweaty though. Chalice dungeons are the best part of the game along with the npc stories and interactions.

Somehow Shipwreck's going to build a sub basement under his current one.

Iron Nose!

nose.jpg

Heh, now I know why Wombat makes a point of not saying things like "Xbox On" or "Xbox Turn off".  During all the Amazon Echo talk mine tried to understand Cheapy's "Blahblahblahblahblah" and then played a random shuffle of Boston thanks to Wombat.

Also, I think the point Wombat was trying to make is that the game re-releases are akin to studios putting movies like Avatar & Frozen back into theatres with an extra 10-15 minutes of footage so they can get even more money for something that is a small step above the original product.

Instead of saying "Xbox" to activate voice commands with the Kinect how about saying "Cortana" instead? That would be more in line with what Microsoft is doing on Windows Phone and Windows 10. It would cause less accidental activations. And on Xbox it would be cooler because so many are already Halo fans.

Great show guys.  Thank you Ship for posting your PowerPoint on the basement project.  My brother and I enjoyed mulling it over.

Laptops still have their uses. But there's no need to freak out about the specs, considering most people are using tablets. As long as it works like silk, that's what matters at this point. I mean Windows 10 isn't even being promoted as an OS for high end computing like what the specs for the next Witcher game are.

Cagcast 402: 8/10

Good show this week. I think the show is better when you guys don't talk about video games. I like the esoteric, deep and meaningful banter between two jews and a ginger. At least Cheapy tries to be cultured by going to Broadway shows. But I agree the seats are the worst. Also trying to watch independent movies at Cinema 1-2-3 and Lincoln Plaza is pure hell for the same reason.

Shipwreck shouldn't go the SD card route on the Dreamcast, the hacking the network adapter yields better results with a old hard drive.

He'll be fine with the VGA box. I heard the Framemeister has problems with systems switching resolutions like the PS2, Sega Saturn, and the Dreamcast. In most cases, Shipwreck will be okay.

"ship, you should watch Going Clear"

"I'm not going to watch that."

Some people have an innate curiosity about the world, like to learn about new things, read books, watch documentaries, and enrich themselves. Others focus on their basements.

To each his own, I say!

Thanks for bringing Lego Dimensions to my attention. I know my family will be sinking money into that beast. We try and get all the minifigure collections as it is. If they were smart, they'd make the game along the lines of Lego City Undercover.

I'll enter my name for the Heroes of the Storm beta key, as well.

Do Cheapy and Wombat have trouble pronouncing "Colon"? Solon is pronounced exactly the same way.

The only thing left for Shipwreck to add to his basement is a room full of recreational drugs.

Ship I don't know why you are going through so much work for SCART. Why not just run an emulator on a nice pc?
There's no such thing as a perfect emulator. Sound, especially, can be troublesome on a lot of games.

For the average person, sure, emulators will scratch the retro itch just fine. But some people want the perfect unaltered experience, and original hardware is the only way to get it.

bread's done
Back