Used Sony Playstaytion TV System $49.99

Nice price, thanks OP.

Got the hacked version of PS4 Remote Play working on my (non Sony) phone. If I hadn't, I'd grab one.

Nice price, thanks OP.

Got the hacked version of PS4 Remote Play working on my (non Sony) phone. If I hadn't, I'd grab one.
Yea cause the pstv and remote play on your phone are TOTALLY the same thing.... :roll:

Good price, it has been around that new though. After the latest update to the ps4 and the pstv, the new 60fps mode for remote play is great, gameplay is much smoother now than it was and really hard to notice any lag now on my setup (wired).

Last edited by a moderator:
How annoying... in their email flyer for today it says "Free shipping" next to the $50 PS Vita, but it's not on the site. If I cared enough about getting one I might complain, but instead I'm just gonna let that $5 kill the deal for me. There'll be lots of deals on these to come.

I picked up one of these things during that Amazon sale not too long ago (bundle for $50) and I really like it, but without Netflix it will never stay plugged into my TV very long, which is a shame.

Yea cause the pstv and remote play on your phone are TOTALLY the same thing.... :roll:

Good price, it has been around that new though. After the latest update to the ps4 and the pstv, the new 60fps mode for remote play is great, gameplay is much smoother now than it was and really hard to notice any lag now on my setup (wired).
It's the same thing for me, since I'd only use the PSTV for PS4 remote play.

The Xperia remote play app also got the new high frame rate mode; no lag on my 5ghz wifi.

I picked up the Lego Movie/DualShock 3 bundle for $53 (including sales tax) from Amazon.

Sold the memory card and lego movie voucher for $10 each. I look at it as if I paid $33 for the DS 3 controller and got a free PSTV. I never use it because the remote play sucks. Hardly ever works because it thinks FiOS is "too slow."

My Vita TV is a Rainbow Moon machine.
To you and the poster below, is Rainbow Moon really worth getting into? I've heard mostly negative things about it (namely massive grinding -- even for people that don't mind grinding in other JRPGs).

----

On another note, I love my PSTV. Grabbed it during the Amazon Lightning sale mainly for PS4 streaming. But now have about 30 games just for it (some are PS1 games that I could no longer play after my PS3 died).

Between PS4/XB1/Xbox 360 and this, I've been stuck in an endless money pit and huge backlog on all systems as well as my iPad. This. This is what CAG has done to me. LOL.

Hey awp.  I've played Rainbow Moon and it does have a decent amount of grinding.

How is the PS4 streaming?  Spot on for playing my PS4 stuff more remotely?  I'm looking at my PS4 basically being next door.  I'm also looking at it for playing PSP stuff as well as Vita.

Oh and has anyone heard about Sony updating the firmware to run the PS2 to PS3 ports like Atlus has or are we SOL?

I would love to play Persona 3:  FES and "Trapt" on the PSTV.  Or is the PSTV too weak to straight out run these with any modification?

To you and the poster below, is Rainbow Moon really worth getting into? I've heard mostly negative things about it (namely massive grinding -- even for people that don't mind grinding in other JRPGs).
I think that I only grinded twice. Once was near the beginning of the game. The other time was to fight a boss who turned out to be an optional boss (The next few hours of the main quest were easy). For the $5 I paid for it when it was on sale, I think it was totally worth it.

How annoying... in their email flyer for today it says "Free shipping" next to the $50 PS Vita, but it's not on the site. If I cared enough about getting one I might complain, but instead I'm just gonna let that $5 kill the deal for me. There'll be lots of deals on these to come.
Couple months back as a gold box deal. Sold out in about a minute before they unlocked more about 20 mins later.

Hey awp. I've played Rainbow Moon and it does have a decent amount of grinding.

How is the PS4 streaming? Spot on for playing my PS4 stuff more remotely? I'm looking at my PS4 basically being next door. I'm also looking at it for playing PSP stuff as well as Vita.

Oh and has anyone heard about Sony updating the firmware to run the PS2 to PS3 ports like Atlus has or are we SOL?
I would love to play Persona 3: FES and "Trapt" on the PSTV. Or is the PSTV too weak to straight out run these with any modification?
Don't think the PS2 games will ever happen. This is basically the same inards as the Vita. So it would have to happen on it before they would ever consider it for PSTV. And if I'm not mistaken, only PS3s with the PS2 chip were able to run those games. Unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

Streaming works great if both the PSTV and the PS4 are wired. Or if you use Powerline adapters to "wire" them, which is what I did. WiFi can vary. I've heard people who have had great experiences, others that have horrible experiences.

I think that I only grinded twice. Once was near the beginning of the game. The other time was to fight a boss who turned out to be an optional boss (The next few hours of the main quest were easy). For the $5 I paid for it when it was on sale, I think it was totally worth it.
Thanks. Other opinions and the incredible number of currency add-ons on PSN scared me off. Might have to give it a try.

Thanks. Other opinions and the incredible number of currency add-ons on PSN scared me off. Might have to give it a try.
The add-ons supposedly make the game easier, but I have not seen much of a need for them yet. I did not buy any. I also really enjoy tactical games, and other than XCOM, I have not played one in a long time.

I'm only about five hours in to Rainbow Moon so far, so I can't really comment on the grinding. I did start on hard difficulty which assumes you're going to be grinding some.
Anyway, I can't Steam PS4 games wirelessly, but wired works great.

I picked up the bundle from the lightening deal a while ago for this price.  It's worked out great for me so far having never owned a PS1, PS2, PSP, or PS Vita.  I picked up a bunch of PS1 games I never played before a few weeks back for 90 cents each.  I also played through the PSP Savage Moon tower defense game which I enjoyed through it looked much worse than the PS3 game I played years back (though this is to be expected).  I played through Tales of Hearts R and am currently playing Persona 4 Golden which I like a lot.  I had never played a Persona game before and I ended up buying the 2 Persona 2 games and Persona 3 when they were on sale two weeks ago.

Also of note for those that want to use the PS TV for streaming the PS4.  I took it to my in-laws to experiment with it (they're about 50 miles away) and my niece played through both chapters 1 and 2 of Life is Strange on my PS4 streamed through my PS TV from their house. 

Don't think the PS2 games will ever happen. This is basically the same inards as the Vita. So it would have to happen on it before they would ever consider it for PSTV. And if I'm not mistaken, only PS3s with the PS2 chip were able to run those games. Unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

Streaming works great if both the PSTV and the PS4 are wired. Or if you use Powerline adapters to "wire" them, which is what I did. WiFi can vary. I've heard people who have had great experiences, others that have horrible experiences.
I think he's talking about the digital ps2 classic versions that work on all ps3 systems through software emulation...but I don't think the vita or PSTV are powerful enough to handle decent ps2 emulation, so it's not likely to happen.

I'll buy a new one at that price...maybe. Just not enough content on it. Maybe I'll finish Persona 4 Golden on it otherwise what's the point? Also the place I want to use it doesn't have Ethernet. Does WiFi significantly impact the connection? My router transmits 100mb/s.

How does remote ps4 play work with Netflix? Can you? And if so are there latency issues?

Hey awp. I've played Rainbow Moon and it does have a decent amount of grinding.

How is the PS4 streaming? Spot on for playing my PS4 stuff more remotely? I'm looking at my PS4 basically being next door. I'm also looking at it for playing PSP stuff as well as Vita.

I would love to play Persona 3: FES and "Trapt" on the PSTV. Or is the PSTV too weak to straight out run these with any modification?
Buy the digital versions of the PSP version of Persona 3 and the Vita version of Deception IV which is the sequel to Trapt for your PSTV. Problem solved.

bread's done
Back