F.Y.E Eliminating Video Games - Used Games 25% off in-store, YMMV...

stringycupps1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I went to my local F.Y.E., and saw a couple of decently priced Wii games (like Mario Galaxy 2 used for $15).  It rang up for $11.25, so I started talking to the cashier.  She said they were eliminating video games and all used games were 25% off.  I also signed up for a free trial of their club for an added 10% off.  Got Galaxy 2 for $10.12.  I have a month free then will cancel it next week.  They had a fair number of games for every system, but I stuck with Nintendo games.  All had original artwork and manuals except for Windwaker.  Windwaker didn't have a physical manual but had instructions for digital manual.  I went back and grabbed:

Wii U

Hyrule Warriors $33.74

Windwaker HD $26.99

NSMBU: $26.99

Wii

Skyward Sword (complete with bonus CD) $16.37 

Super Paper Mario $10.12

NSMB Wii $10.12

3DS

Pokemon Y $20.24

EDIT: Please let us know if it works at your store too!  I might try another store in the area on Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this at my local F.Y.E. as well a few days ago, so I'm guessing it's nationwide. They also had "10% off new games" signs and "50% off select games" signs.

Saw plenty of new games but couldn't figure out the 50% thing, no games were marked any differently so it might have just been outdated signage.

:(

All the FYE stores closed over here a couple years ago. I really liked them for music. Can't be too sad though, I went crazy during their liquidation sales.

Might check my closest store tomorrow and see if these signs are up. Would love to get some Wii/Wii U games for cheap.

I know what I'm doing first thing in the morning... thanks TC.

Did you happen to notice if they had much of a Vita section?

I know what I'm doing first thing in the morning... thanks TC.

Did you happen to notice if they had much of a Vita section?
Alas no Vita games whatsoever. Mostly PS3 games. I bought all the Wii U games. Also bought AC 4 BF Wii U as a gutted new copy for $10. Was marked as $10, so I didn't post in the original post.

Might check my closest store tomorrow and see if these signs are up. Would love to get some Wii/Wii U games for cheap.
No signs at this store... I didn't even know until the cashier told me. I was prepared to pay $15 for Galaxy 2 as that wasn't a bad deal alone. Just ask the cashier when you get there. Both her and the manager were super nice and helpful. She even showed me how to cancel the membership so I could save tonight and not get charged.

Alas no Vita games whatsoever. Mostly PS3 games. I bought all the Wii U games. Also bought AC 4 BF Wii U as a gutted new copy for $10. Was marked as $10, so I didn't post in the original post.

No signs at this store... I didn't even know until the cashier told me. I was prepared to pay $15 for Galaxy 2 as that wasn't a bad deal alone. Just ask the cashier when you get there. Both her and the manager were super nice and helpful. She even showed me how to cancel the membership so I could save tonight and not get charged.
You aren't in Texas are you? Don't want to waste going to the only store near me for no reason (it's a 35 minute drive)

FYE is going to die. I put them after Sears for corporations that will go bankrupt with the next 18 months.
Surprised they are still in business.

Every single one I go into is run by kids that really dont give a shit, their prices are high as shit and can be beat by bestbuy and amazon, used prices suck for most stuff except cds and dvds that there are millions of sitting around, trying to look their movies is a pain in the ass being on wire racks you can only walk by and see the ones in the front, and in general it feels like media play and spencers had a bastard child called fye.

Picked up Magical Starsign (DS) for $10 today.

They had a copy of Lost in Shadow (Wii) for $8, but I've never heard of it, online reviews seem favorable though. I may go back for it and AC:Black Flag.

I can't remember if the store in my mall has video games, but I'll definitely check today. I know when I last went in there to ask if they carried Amiibo's they looked at me stupidly.

The F.Y.E. At my mall was doing a grand opening and is doing the 10% off new items 30% off t-shirts, and 50% off clearance items. I was luckily to find a new copy of skyward sword for 29.99 but man 16.37 is even better. I brought it down to 22.92 including tax and the discounts. They had a bunch of wii and other used games and new games there, might make a second stop again tomorrow to find any other good deals.

Also online they have buy two used games get the third one for  dollar. Not much to look at for ps4 and ps3 but wii u has a decent selection. promo code is spring3

Isnt FYE the place that tries to bait you into getting their membership and then starts charging ridiculous amounts of money to your credit card for magazine subscriptions? Happened to my friend a few years ago. They kept charging even after cancellation and he had to dispute all the charges with his bank.

Mine doesn't carry and hasn't carried games for a long time... but if they do end up closing I'm going all out on anime blurays

Surprised they are still in business.

Every single one I go into is run by kids that really dont give a shit, their prices are high as shit and can be beat by bestbuy and amazon, used prices suck for most stuff except cds and dvds that there are millions of sitting around, trying to look their movies is a pain in the ass being on wire racks you can only walk by and see the ones in the front, and in general it feels like media play and spencers had a bastard child called fye.
To be fair though, people have been saying this for at least 10 years yet they are still around, although a decent number of locations did eventually shut down.

Netflix, Amazon and Spotify killed Circuit City, Borders and Virgin Megastore. I can't believe Barnes and Noble are still alive with Blu Ray movies listed for $40. I guess high schoolers and hipsters need a place to hang out on Friday nights.

FYE is going to die. I put them after Sears for corporations that will go bankrupt with the next 18 months.
They should have been gone 18 months ago. Whenever I am at the mall I go in but I cannot remember when I actually bought anything. With online music and DVD/Blu rays fading I cannot see how they will make it. I saw they are no longer releasing any of the Simpsons seasons on disc anymore due to the collapse of movie sales on disc.

Netflix, Amazon and Spotify killed Circuit City, Borders and Virgin Megastore. I can't believe Barnes and Noble are still alive with Blu Ray movies listed for $40. I guess high schoolers and hipsters need a place to hang out on Friday nights.
Have you actually been in a Barnes & Noble? What "hipster" would be caught dead in there? More like families and blue hairs, at least last time I had a gift card to burn.

I'd much rather see Best Buy go under. At least my FYE has a decent, and varied, selection of movies and music. The local BB is a dump filled with overpriced junk.

Lmao...so their clearance prices are the same or higher than common sale prices? Gonna have to try harder than that.

And BTW if they're eliminating games, what else do they have to sell other than overpriced blurays and used cardboard displays?

I'd much rather see Best Buy go under. At least my FYE has a decent, and varied, selection of movies and music. The local BB is a dump filled with overpriced junk.
What? Bestbuy.con has all the movies but it is a dying form of media and they know that. Best Buy adapted not FYE.

I live in Bensalem. Are you sure they'res an FYE here?
Isn't the nearest FYE in Franklin/Philadelphia Mills which is technically Philadelphia?
Neshaminy Mall right near Sears. There is also the one in Plymouth Meeting that sells games. The FYE in Montgomery Mall hasn't carried games in years and Willow Grove closed a few years ago.

That's the complete opposite for me. Kinda apparent too seeing how it's fye going under and not BB. BB is generally competitive while FYE never was. They bathed in upmarked CD's and DVD's and never looked back, refusing to adjust with the times. They're an exemplary business class case study in marketing myopia and person-ecology theory failure.

Their irrelevance is epitomized by the simple fact that you never see them listed on the likes of CAG or one of the many "daily deals" articles found on IGN and Kotaku. You may not like BB, but that's clearly not the case with many people as their ads posted here are consistently commented on, remaining at the top every week.

The only FYE near me usually has a decent CD and vinyl collection and I've gotten lucky in not overpaying for some of the albums. Games-wise I've never paid attention to the selection other than noticing that they had Retron 5s in stock when they were hard to find. I'm a little surprised this store and the Suncoast Video that's connected to it have stayed open for so long considering how much they overcharge on new common albums. I don't like Best Buy because most of their employees suck but they easily have the best deals on movies, music and games too often. 

That's the complete opposite for me. Kinda apparent too seeing how it's fye going under and not BB. BB is generally competitive while FYE never was. They bathed in upmarked CD's and DVD's and never looked back, refusing to adjust with the times. They're an exemplary business class case study in marketing myopia and person-ecology theory failure.

Their irrelevance is epitomized by the simple fact that you never see them listed on the likes of CAG or one of the many "daily deals" articles found on IGN and Kotaku.

Well, maybe it's just my local BB that sucks (though they seem overpriced online too), but I find better deals at the nearest FYE than I typically do at my BB. My BB is a mess, barely restocks itself, and the shelves are in disarray. Regardless, it's only a matter of time before BB goes under too. Anyone who thinks BB is currently doing well is only fooling themselves. They had a $10 million net loss in 2012, they were forced to close over 50 major brick & mortar stores in the last few years, and anyone who reads Business Insider knows that BB is constantly struggling each and every year.

I noticed that BB and FYE used to have even better deals when there was more competition, like when Coconuts and Circuit City was still around. But with places like Amazon and even eBay, it's easy to see how all of these places are either hurting or going under.

What? Bestbuy.con has all the movies but it is a dying form of media and they know that. Best Buy adapted not FYE.
I was primarily talking about my local BB and FYE. If we're talking strictly online, then I never buy from BB, not when Amazon nearly beats them on every item. I'd hardly say BB adapted to much of anything, not when they were selling HDMI cables for $1000 as recently as 2011.

My local fye doesn't even sell videogames, i only go in there to look at there anime section and toys Lol. Bestbuy is a hit or miss for me there customer service is just flat out bad imo, also there store selection sucks so most of the games i get with gcu is from there website.

The altamonte mall in Orlando,Florida fye had the 25% off used games. They also had some used games with yellow stickers that were 50% off. And I believe I saw a 10% off new games sign.

I live in Bensalem. Are you sure they'res an FYE here?

Isn't the nearest FYE in Franklin/Philadelphia Mills which is technically Philadelphia?
Neshaminy Mall. Thats where I went. Might technically be Trevose but its in Bensalem Twp. FMills doesnt sell games anymore and Oxford Valley closed a few yrs back

bread's done
Back