Foreign PSN accounts

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Hello,

I've read before that people have been able to create foreign PlayStation Network accounts for regions outside the U.S. by creating separate login profiles at startup. Is the only thing required a valid mailing address for that region and is it as simple as using google to find one? Have some DLC for a region that is NOT the U.S. and was wondering the best way to use it.

Thanks!

Yeah, pretty much. If you make an account through the official website, then you won't even need to enter a valid mailing address. You just need another email account to sign up.

Have some DLC for a region that is NOT the U.S. and was wondering the best way to use it.
While you can make a foreign PSN account and redeem the DLC for that region, it very likely won't work for your disc. I have found that you can usually use Canadian DLC for USA disc, but not DLC from Europe.

European DLC can also be mixed and matched with each other, so for example you can buy a disc in UK, one DLC from Italy and another DLC from France, and they will likely work with each other.

I have found the above to be the rule. It varies by game, and there are of course exceptions to every rule.

While you can make a foreign PSN account and redeem the DLC for that region, it very likely won't work for your disc. I have found that you can usually use Canadian DLC for USA disc, but not DLC from Europe.

European DLC can also be mixed and matched with each other, so for example you can buy a disc in UK, one DLC from Italy and another DLC from France, and they will likely work with each other.

I have found the above to be the rule. It varies by game, and there are of course exceptions to every rule.
in other words..

BLES dlc works with BLES game versions

BLUS dlc works with BLUS game versions.

bread's done
Back