My own family stole my games

needler420

Banned
A bunch of my stuff was stolen by my dad or sister. Over $500 my dad said he will owe it to me back.

All that is missing.

NES

Zelda

Mario bros 3 x2

Metroid

Crystalis

Metal Gear

Kings Knight

Deadly towers

Robo cop 3

super mario bros

TMNT

TMNT 2

GameBoy

Mega Man  Wily wars

super Rc pro am

SNES

Zelda Link to the Past

Dragons Lair

Super mario world

PS1

Final Fantasy 7

Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy IX

Resident evil  1-3

Mortal Kombat 4

PS2

Final Fantasy X

Resident evil code veronica X

Dragon Quest VIII

PS3

Rage

N64

Mario Party 2

Banjo tooie

PSP 3000 mint condition ( system)

Lunar silver star harmony

Ys oath in Felghana LE

Persona 1-3  #2 was LE

as well as a lot of 1st print issues of walking dead which I was planning on selling myself to fund a PS4.

Someone probaly got a good deal with my things.

Never been burned by my own blood before. Like I cant even afford the 2 N64 games back. I got those for like $5 bucks each and still wanted to play banjo tooie. Persoan 1-3 and mint PSP 300 $200 right there alone.

Sad day for me because I know what I got most of that stuff for years and years ago. Can't afford lots of those at todays prices.

At least I should be owed $500 at sometime but all this is gone for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_mmwb801liK1qcxw91o1_500.gif

Dang dude that sucks. You have any other stuff there that you can't move that is somewhat small? You can store it at my place maybe? And I'm being serious, he lived somewhat close to me, we met up in person a few years ago for a trade.

It's sad when you can't trust your own family. I know how it feels. I had it happen 4 years ago. :grouphug:
Yeah whats gets me is I cant get my dad to admit it and I suspect it was him since I know he hit rough times and opened an ebay account in the two years I was gone.

He's going to get me a current gen console in the future to make up for it. Still not fair I have to wait for it though. What can I do though. I would have just helped with money had I been asked rather then lose things I cherish and have to deal with the issues of now.

Dang dude that sucks. You have any other stuff there that you can't move that is somewhat small? You can store it at my place maybe? And I'm being serious, he lived somewhat close to me, we met up in person a few years ago for a trade.
I have aquired way too much to store my stuff any where else. My dads house is the only place big enough for it. The apartment I lived in the last two years would have held 15% of my stuff. Not to mention I had a roommate. If something goes wrong there they arent going to make up for it like family. So I did trust my family more.

Im not worried about anything else being taken. Im even going to be paid back at some time in the future.

Its not all bad because my dad is going to pay be back on what the prices were worth not what I paid when I originally got them. So when he gets me a new current gen console in the future then I feel even.

Megaman for gameboy was one of our trades and was taken. So was Rage PS3 was still unopened lol.

I have aquired way too much to store my stuff any where else. My dads house is the only place big enough for it. The apartment I lived in the last two years would have held 15% of my stuff. Not to mention I had a roommate. If something goes wrong there they arent going to make up for it like family. So I did trust my family more.

Im not worried about anything else being taken. Im even going to be paid back at some time in the future.

Its not all bad because my dad is going to pay be back on what the prices were worth not what I paid when I originally got them. So when he gets me a new current gen console in the future then I feel even.

Megaman for gameboy was one of our trades and was taken. So was Rage PS3 was still unopened lol.
I still have the FF12 game and guide. Haven't played/used either...But I got em!

you did say they will pay you back, but what sucks the most is no matter how much money they give you they will never afford your trust again.  Sucks that it happened, hopefully you can acquire them in the future if you are able to.

I feel for you dude.

I had something similar happen, my sister and her husband stole my guitar and some games. It was a sad day, not only because my stuff was gone, but because I lost a family member that day. The dipshit pawned the games a mile from my old house, but I never found my Fender Stratocaster, amp, and accessories.

It just sucks.

Man that sucks. My brother once stole a few of my games (Devil May Cry, MGS2 Sons of Liberty and Final Fantasy X) and 2 VG systems (Xbox and Dreamcast) and traded them for weed and pair of Nike Jordan Sneakers. No joke. This was when I was still living at home like 13 years ago.

Pretty much 98% of my game collection is still at my parents' house. Until I end up getting my own house it will stay there just because it would be too hard to put it in an apartment and them move it a year later.

My parents also at least know to never touch any of my collectibles or games. If they accidentally knocked over a statue or something at some point I wouldn't hold it against them, but they would never intentionally sell or trash my stuff.

My girlfriend is the same way. She would never challenge my collection and tell me to get rid of it or to put away my statues because she knows that may not go down well for her.

So... if you suspect your dad of taking your stuff, what makes you think he'll re-pay you in any way?

I get that when you're on hard times, you do things you normally wouldn't but it doesn't exactly speak for his character when he steals from his own family. It would be one thing if he at least, asked you if you could help out in anyway.

Pretty much 98% of my game collection is still at my parents' house. Until I end up getting my own house it will stay there just because it would be too hard to put it in an apartment and them move it a year later.

My parents also at least know to never touch any of my collectibles or games. If they accidentally knocked over a statue or something at some point I wouldn't hold it against them, but they would never intentionally sell or trash my stuff.

My girlfriend is the same way. She would never challenge my collection and tell me to get rid of it or to put away my statues because she knows that may not go down well for her.
That's what I thought. I kind of blew it up of anger more so from the mistrust of family. The stuff will be reimbursed so its not a lost cause. More of a family issue then my house being robbed or something. Buy yeah my mentality was just that.

I had the same thing happen to me back in the 90s.  I was spending the weekends at my brothers, so I left the majority of my gaming stuff at his house since I had very little time to game between school, extracurriculars, etc.  And he had a big screen TV (compared to my meager 13"), which was a big deal back then.

I had things come up and had gone almost a month without going over there and in that time his basement allegedly flooded (despite being very little rain that past month) and all of my stuff "got ruined." NES, SNES, Genesis + Sega CD, Game Gear, Gameboy and a shit load of games... everything I bought with my own money working a paper route... all gone because he "threw them away."

In my defense, I was only 13 at the time and still pretty naive, so I gave my brother the benefit of the doubt.  Years later, it would come out that he was(and is still to this day, over 20 years later) dealing with a major drug addiction.  In all likelihood, he pawned all of my shit for drug money, even though he never admitted it.

It stings when your own family will do that stuff to you, and sadly that was just the beginning of his bullshit.  Drug addition is a bitch, especially when they refuse to get help.

But at least your dad came clean and offered to make good, so it's a relatively positive ending.

His dad didn't fess up, did he? All I got out of it is that he was going to buy him a new system.

Sucks that this happened to you, hope it works out for you.

bread's done
Back