* * * * - 4 votes

Amazon & BestBuy: The Wolf Among Us (PS Vita) $9.99

bestbuy PSVita sale

#31 x_RadicalAura_x   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

x_RadicalAura_x

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:20 AM

Saw this earlier today and jumped on it! Already played through the PS4 version and now I will happily play the PS Vita version too with alternate decisions from the ones I originally chose. The additional plat is a nice perk too!

Awesome game. I enjoyed it as much as Telltale's TWD S1 and S2, if not, more.

#32 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:27 AM

As for all of the comments about which thread deals like this should be posted in, I usually just check the front page. So, I greatly appreciate when deals like this show up there instead of inside of being buried in the "appropriate" thread. I used to check out the iOS deals thread and others regularly, but as soon as I go a day or two without checking it I almost dread having to comb through the last few pages trying to catch up. Finally I just decided that if it's a really good deal it'll hopefully show up on the main page and I stopped combing through threads unless I happen to have time to kill.

Same here.

I'll normally check a few of the mega threads.. but most of them are a complete CF if you do not stay on top of them. 

#33 gundie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   437 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:06 AM

Ordered one. Thanks OP!

#34 cystm   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:19 AM

Didn't think it warranted it's own thread, but if you have a Nebraska Furniture Mart nearby they have this for $5.

#35 blah29   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:46 PM

I would so get this.. but I keep reading how bad the QTE parts make it really hard to finish on the Vita version. I will wait till I can get it on PS4 for this price or less.

#36 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   2058 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:32 PM

I would so get this.. but I keep reading how bad the QTE parts make it really hard to finish on the Vita version. I will wait till I can get it on PS4 for this price or less.

Get it for vita. Touchscreen to explore and move is much more pleasant than moving a cursor around. You can switch to face buttons for QTE's, so it's not like they'll be any more or less annoying than on PS4.

#37 TomHoang  

TomHoang

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:30 PM

Hey guys, this same deal is now live on Amazon!  I would post the link, but this is my first forum post :P

#38 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36751 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

Hey guys, this same deal is now live on Amazon!  I would post the link, but this is my first forum post :P

http://www.amazon.co...s=wolf among us

#39 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5358 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

I have this on my PS3 backlog, wouldn't mind it for the Vita just for the portability.  I heard the Vita versions of Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 had more hiccups/glitches than the console version.  Is this the same case with the Wolf Among Us on Vita?

#40 TomHoang  

TomHoang

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:36 PM

I have this on my PS3 backlog, wouldn't mind it for the Vita just for the portability.  I heard the Vita versions of Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 had more hiccups/glitches than the console version.  Is this the same case with the Wolf Among Us on Vita?

I played the Walking Dead Season 1 on Vita, and it actually seemed smoother than the already glitchy/slow PS3 version.  So if anything, it may be an improvement.

#41 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:26 PM

I played the Walking Dead Season 1 on Vita, and it actually seemed smoother than the already glitchy/slow PS3 version.  So if anything, it may be an improvement.

I disagree with it being an "improvement" by any stretch. Perhaps you played it off disc? (I believe both the 360 and PS3 were messed up when playing these games off disc). The download versions for PS3 were fine, and I think the Vita version was indeed bit choppier - certainly enough to notice if you played them both back to back. 

That being said, any issues the Vita version had were relatively minor to me. It held it's own quite well. The touch/swipe controls are also a cool alternative to standard control pad controls - although I recall a few sections that didn't respond well for whatever reason, but it's not like the dualshock controls were perfect either.

#42 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:30 PM

Finally. I like rewarding Best Buy for originating deals, but that $35 minimum is a killer when I'm a prime member and didn't really want anything else. 

#43 were8kosh  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

I notice that the 9.99 one online is different then the 19.99 store one. store one says vita tv on box. not sure if same game or updated.

#44 Big Poppa Pump   CAGzilla CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Big Poppa Pump

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:10 PM

Thanks, I added the link to the OP.

#45 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8360 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:50 PM

I guess you could always just not care?  But the CAG community does always enjoy descending into exactly the kind of "circle-jerk" we find ourselves in now.  Big Poppa Pump posted a deal and we now have over half the thread talking about "ethics in deal-posting."  I refuse to argue about this anymore.  Instead, I'll let a couple of genetic freaks do the talking for me.

That fat dude is a genetic freak? :p

#46 SInX4Lyfe   4.23.12 CAGiversary!   1188 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:57 PM

I disagree with it being an "improvement" by any stretch. Perhaps you played it off disc? (I believe both the 360 and PS3 were messed up when playing these games off disc). The download versions for PS3 were fine, and I think the Vita version was indeed bit choppier - certainly enough to notice if you played them both back to back. 

That being said, any issues the Vita version had were relatively minor to me. It held it's own quite well. The touch/swipe controls are also a cool alternative to standard control pad controls - although I recall a few sections that didn't respond well for whatever reason, but it's not like the dualshock controls were perfect either.

i had the one digitally on ps3 and i thought the vita one was better... i also have the digital version on my vita didnt try physical copy yet.

#47 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3029 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:17 AM

Good Lord; this game is CHOPPY AS Fuck. I can barely play it. Forget about the damn QTE's.

#48 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3029 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:21 AM

I just got killed with an axe in the first five minutes because the choppy ass game didn't register my QTE input.

#49 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1877 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:39 AM

Good Lord; this game is CHOPPY AS Fuck. I can barely play it. Forget about the damn QTE's.

Ya, unfortunately, that tends to happen with the Telltale engine (Jurassic Park on ps3 was a huge mess in spots with similar problems...like dying 10 times in a row because a QTE was too choppy to play).  The ps3 version of The Wolf Among Us was actually pretty smooth, but things were occasionally skippy (like the intro video with the theme song, oddly enough).

#50 Madzane  

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:40 AM

So this was interesting. First off the BB website said it wasn't available for store pick up ( it had three) and then the cashier denied my GCU discount because the game was cheap enough already. Anyone else run into this?

#51 SInX4Lyfe   4.23.12 CAGiversary!   1188 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:43 AM

So this was interesting. First off the BB website said it wasn't available for store pick up ( it had three) and then the cashier denied my GCU discount because the game was cheap enough already. Anyone else run into this?

Wow... I hate reading stuff like this lol. I never ran into it but you should def go back and complain about it and get it applied, anyways i thought it automatically applies when you purchase? I dont buy instore just online so i wouldn't know.

#52 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1877 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:54 AM

That's insane.  It comes off automatically.  Wouldn't a cashier actually have to get an override to remove the discount?  The only way they can really deny your discount is if you're trying to stack (like if you do a PM, you don't get the discount).  But if you were just buying one copy of the game, nobody should have been able to deny you your discount much less a cashier.

#53 Madzane  

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:19 AM

Handed her the card, she scanned it, few button presses, nada. Only got it a few months ago too and only one copy for the Vita backlog. Back to customer service....

#54 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:22 AM

Betting the cashier had to PM the price to $9.99 for some stupid reason.

GCU should automatically come off without them doing anything, at least thats how it works for me when I use it in store. Scan my card and discounted price comes up.

I'd go back and complain. $2 is $2. 

A while back when BB screwed up the newspaper ad for Dying Light, they couldn't figure out how to "correct" the price and get me the $8 off. (long story, I used a $20 rewards code so it got all screwed up) but instead of $8.. I got $10 due to them not being able to do simple math. 

But then again.. it's only $2. Is it worth the time/hassle? up to you.

#55 Shadow Enz   Shadow of a ghost CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Shadow Enz

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:06 PM

Contact Best Buy Support on Twitter, tastefully and with tact. They are VERY helpful. Get Store # off your receipt and the cashier's name. Trust me.

#56 Madzane  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:55 PM

Thanks for the replies. Well dwerp. Got it sorted out with customer service, apparently this store has issues with gamers club if you don't scan the card before the transaction. The checker just fumbled through without caring to really check what was wrong.