General PC Problems Thread

detectiveconan16

CAGiversary!
Feedback
46 (100%)
I'm surprised there isn't on this site.

For one I had a hell of an afternoon trying to get a HP Photosmart 7520 to print. The other day I got it working on wireless, and when I used it again, the printer won't do a damn thing, even with upgraded drivers. If I turn the printer off to save energy, the computers note that the printer is offline!

What I found was a hotfix in the regedit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\ and add a new value SNMPLegacy and set it to 1. It got this 2014 printer to work, despite being a "legacy" fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off - If you are going to do this - You need to list

What OS you using? Which version 32 Bit or 64 bit?

Second - Your specs.

Third - Log files associcated with your error.

There are better forums and sites to do this at.

You talking about Printers on a site devoted to cheap gaming.

On another note - I'm running Linux Mint 17 - XFCE - 64 bit - My printer drivers auto connect and work with 1 click or command.

flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA42J2CU4866?icid=WP_12_04272015

What do you guys know about this computer? Was it a piece of shit when it released? I find it suspicious that this is a supposedly $600 computer that they are selling for $100 considering no other computer on that site is discounted that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA42J2CU4866?icid=WP_12_04272015

What do you guys know about this computer? Was it a piece of shit when it released? I find it suspicious that this is a supposedly $600 computer that they are selling for $100 considering no other computer on that site is discounted that much.
That's a decent machine for the price. I would smack Linux Mint 17.1 XFCE 64 Bit on that bitch and get to work gaming on it.

bread's done
Back