Just bought a 3DS. Physical games or digital?

BxJoka814

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
As the title stated i just purchased a 3DS, I'm trying to decide if i should go all digital or physical. I have GCU just never really paid attention to the DS games Best Buy had on sale. How often do the games go on sale? How often does Nintendo have sales in the eshop? 

Physical for 3ds. Digital games are tie to your system. No way to sell the games, which hold thier value fairly well, when you done.

The only thing to buy digital are things that can't be bought in cart form. IMO of course.

Much better chance of selling off pieces of your collection than hoping someone wants all those games.

Again ymmv on this depending on how you want to approach it. Hardly any sales on digital or Nintendo store cards.

Digital games are tied to your Nintendo Network ID now now, not the system, so it's completely transferable.

Physical for 3ds. Digital games are tie to your system. No way to sell the games, which hold thier value fairly well, when you done.

The only thing to buy digital are things that can't be bought in cart form. IMO of course.

Much better chance of selling off pieces of your collection than hoping someone wants all those games.

Again ymmv on this depending on how you want to approach it. Hardly any sales on digital or Nintendo store cards.

Digital games are tied to your Nintendo Network ID now now, not the system, so it's completely transferable.
Only reason I was leaning towards digital was to avoid carrying games around. But It makes more sense to go physical with GCU if Nintendo hardly has any sales. Thanks!

I go physical with all my Nintendo stuff. I lose all my digital content whenever I sell my console since I dont buy a new one right away to transfer it over.

Only reason I was leaning towards digital was to avoid carrying games around. But It makes more sense to go physical with GCU if Nintendo hardly has any sales. Thanks!
They make some nice cases that are pretty small. Mine holds 8 games plus the xl. I'd say twice as thick and roughly same length. Very portable. Leave the cases and inserts at home where they stay mint. Really, 3ds carts hold value well.

I prefer digital myself, but I tend to buy most of my 3DS games at retail due to cheaper prices (sales, GCU, etc). I rarely sell games back anymore, but it is also nice to have the option. I enjoy having digital games on my system though as it's much easier than carrying around a case with a bunch of games in it, carrying those little cases around also makes me feel like a small child. 

Nintendo sadly just doesn't put their first-party games on sale often and when they do they are rarely great deals. I picked up Kirby Triple Deluxe a couple of weeks ago at $26 (I think that was the price) I had like $4 and some change left over in my account so I snagged it, which was an alright price, but if I didn't have the credit in my account I could have gotten it for about the same price at Best Buy with GCU. 

It's a shame too, I have gotten a large amount of my Vita games digitally and for a great price as well. On 3DS most of my digital retail releases have been due to being free through a promotion. I have a 32 GB micro SD card and only have about 4 retail releases which take up between 1-2 GBs each. I would love to get Persona Q digitally, but not for $50. 

I prefer digital myself, but I tend to buy most of my 3DS games at retail due to cheaper prices (sales, GCU, etc). I rarely sell games back anymore, but it is also nice to have the option. I enjoy having digital games on my system though as it's much easier than carrying around a case with a bunch of games in it, carrying those little cases around also makes me feel like a small child.

Nintendo sadly just doesn't put their first-party games on sale often and when they do they are rarely great deals. I picked up Kirby Triple Deluxe a couple of weeks ago at $26 (I think that was the price) I had like $4 and some change left over in my account so I snagged it, which was an alright price, but if I didn't have the credit in my account I could have gotten it for about the same price at Best Buy with GCU.

It's a shame too, I have gotten a large amount of my Vita games digitally and for a great price as well. On 3DS most of my digital retail releases have been due to being free through a promotion. I have a 32 GB micro SD card and only have about 4 retail releases which take up between 1-2 GBs each. I would love to get Persona Q digitally, but not for $50.
Yea thats whats stopping me from all digital. I tend to get Best buy gift cards here and there having GCU definitely helps. I'm gonna go physical and just carry 1 or 2 extra games with me

Yea thats whats stopping me from all digital. I tend to get Best buy gift cards here and there having GCU definitely helps. I'm gonna go physical and just carry 1 or 2 extra games with me
I have a carrying case that holds three games and I always have one in my cart slot. It works fine for me, I never find myself in a situation where I am swapping out more than a couple of games when I am not at home anyway.

I have a carrying case that holds three games and I always have one in my cart slot. It works fine for me, I never find myself in a situation where I am swapping out more than a couple of games when I am not at home anyway.
Yea thats what I figured too. Hell I may even just be playing one game the whole time im out anyway

Yea thats what I figured too. Hell I may even just be playing one game the whole time im out anyway
I recommend Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, it's my favorite game on the console and what is usually in my cart slot.

Right now Best Buy has Code Name S.T.E.A.M., Majora's Mask, and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS at $5 off each, with GCU it's a pretty good deal considering it's rare to see Nintendo's first-party games go on sale often. Majora's Mask and Smash Bros. are both excellent, Code Name S.T.E.A.M. never interested me, but it looks decent.

Anybody know whats up the scarcity of Ocarina of Time? Was it a limited release?
First party Nintendo games fade away and go up in price often. Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Star Fox 64 3D have also became scarce and rather expensive. It's cheaper to download those games on the eShop now.

First party Nintendo games fade away and go up in price often. Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Star Fox 64 3D have also became scarce and rather expensive. It's cheaper to download those games on the eShop now.
Oh ok gotcha. Guess thats whats i'll be doing because i wanted Star Fox as well.

I've seen Star Fox at Toy's R Us not all that long ago. You might want to check TRU if you have a local store around you.
Oh ok I'll check there. Thanks for all your help, if you have any accessories that you like i'd be open to suggestions.

Oh ok I'll check there. Thanks for all your help, if you have any accessories that you like i'd be open to suggestions.
Do you have the New 3DS or the original/XL? I only have a standard carrying case that holds 3 games as far as accessories go. If you have the older XL though the Circle Pad Pro is worth getting.

Do you have the New 3DS or the original/XL? I only have a standard carrying case that holds 3 games as far as accessories go. If you have the older XL though the Circle Pad Pro is worth getting.
New 3DS, I'll most likely pick up a case that carries 3 as well.

bread's done
Back