State of Decay XBOX ONE ($20.90 After Discount)

SpraykwoN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
455 (100%)
So, I plan on purchasing State of Decay for the XBOX ONE, but I am torn between the physical or digital release.  

It seems like a better value if you already own the 360 version to buy the digital release since you save $9.90 off the price.  That is more than if you were to buy the physical version from say Best Buy.  Any thoughts?  Both editions look to be the same (digital/physical) and I haven't spotted any incentives other than the cheaper price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not one to be a prick about non deals in this section, but you didn't even ask if there is a deal somewhere. It is completely off topic lol.

If you have GCU then the price is 23.99+tax so only a couple more dollars and you can play and trade or resell or have a nice case sitting on your shelf for about a $4 difference.  I'm going physical personally but I also never owned the 360 version so the physical copy is actually cheaper in my case.

i think you should get the pc version, it is the best version

Don't post a question in this thread

Or else we'll smack you upside the head.

It's deals only, you little jabroni

Your punishment is watching My Little Pony.

Don't listen to the haters op. I don't have time to read all the mega threads with all the off topic chatter. I would have never seen this deal without your thread.

In for 10. Imma flip em on ebay and retire!!!!!

EDIT: Dammit I didn't notice the shipping......it kills it.

I'm not one to be a prick about non deals in this section, but you didn't even ask if there is a deal somewhere. It is completely off topic lol.
Valid point, and in all honesty I forgot to switch forums when I posted this. But there is a deal there for previous XBOX LIVE members that purchased the 360 version lol

Valid point, and in all honesty I forgot to switch forums when I posted this. But there is a deal there for previous XBOX LIVE members that purchased the 360 version lol
what if my xbox live membership expired? do i still get the discount?

So, I plan on purchasing State of Decay for the XBOX ONE, but I am torn between the physical or digital release.

It seems like a better value if you already own the 360 version to buy the digital release since you save $9.90 off the price. That is more than if you were to buy the physical version from say Best Buy. Any thoughts? Both editions look to be the same (digital/physical) and I haven't spotted any incentives other than the cheaper price.

Actually, this week's Best Buy ad (at least online), says "Pre-Order State of Decay Today to receive The Prepper's Pack as well as The Australian"

The Australian is a big knife that is apparently exclusive to Best Buy. No idea what The Prepper's Pack is, but it's not identified as Only At Best Buy the way that knife is.

If you dont have xbox live Gold, then why have an xbox one at all?. Pointless

It seems like a better value if you already own the 360 version to buy the digital release since you save $9.90 off the price. That is more than if you were to buy the physical version from say Best Buy. Any thoughts? Both editions look to be the same (digital/physical) and I haven't spotted any incentives other than the cheaper price.
There is an incentive to going digital if you already have the 360 version on your gt. The female Arabic character along with her awesome sword are EXCLUSIVE to returning digital players. I asked in a tweet. There may be a handful of other bonuses but I can't remember offhand.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SangestheLurker/status/572423645605306368?s=1

EDIT: According to the official FAQ (listed in my later post), this info is obsolete and/or their Twitter support didn't know what they were talking about. It now seems the ONLY differences for those previous owners of the 360 edition is whether you get the Day One edition which includes the "Prepper's Pack" or if you're late to the game you lose out, either way Day One phys or digi both net you these bonus items.)

There is an incentive to going digital if you already have the 360 version on your gt. The female Arabic character along with her awesome sword are EXCLUSIVE to returning digital players. I asked in a tweet. There may be a handful of other bonuses but I can't remember offhand.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SangestheLurker/status/572423645605306368?s=1
They need a breakdown of what comes with what version. I will most likely get the digital since it is cheaper and if you are correct, you get different free shit.

Tada! https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/year-one-survival-edition-faq.47685/

Day One Physical edition = Day One Digital edition, you're still getting the "Prepper's Pack"

Q: Any benefit to getting YOSE right at launch?

A: If you get your copy of YOSE right when we launch (either digital or disk), or at least within a few days, you’ll get the Prepper’s Pack:

New super cool folding axe weapon
New modified SKS firearm…and it has a grenade launcher
The Prepper SUV
Annnnd apparently they changed their minds about upgrading from a 360 digital version to a physical version:
Q: Okay, I can't get the discount if I buy the disk, but can I still get Gurubani if I'm using the same LiveID and gamertag?

A: Yes! You've got to be online so the machine can ping Xbox and make sure you did in fact buy the original, but you can get her and her weapons!
(Wouldn't it be nice if the people these companies have that are there to address questions actually knew what they were talking about? I'll revamp my original post)

Tada! https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/year-one-survival-edition-faq.47685/

Day One Physical edition = Day One Digital edition, you're still getting the "Prepper's Pack"

Annnnd apparently they changed their minds about upgrading from a 360 digital version to a physical version:
(Wouldn't it be nice if the people these companies have that are there to address questions actually knew what they were talking about? I'll revamp my original post)
So basically, no matter which version you buy, whether digital or physical, you will get the same shit regardless, just different unbreakable knife skins.

So basically, no matter which version you buy, whether digital or physical, you will get the same shit regardless, just different unbreakable knife skins.
Correct. And just as long as you play the new game with the same gamertag you played the original game on, you'll still get the exclusive new character and her own exclusive items.

The only difference at this point is if you nab a Day One edition or not. The digital game has a cut-off date sometime in early May, like the 12th, maybe? I know I saw it somewhere on their page or FB but it doesn't appear to be in the FAQ I linked to.

bread's done
Back