PNY GeForce 970 v.s. EVGA 970?

MutantMike

CAGiversary!
I have an Alienware x51 R2 w. a 760 card

Looking to upgrade to a 970 and all set but was just told I would be wise to get the PNY 970 card due to size and cooling

Anyone know about this or the differences in the cards, performance wise?

Here is the exact one I am looking at

PNY GeForce 970  VCGGTX9704XPB

there are a ton of different 970s from both pny and evga with different clockspeeds, but really you should just get the cheapest one because the difference between variations of 970 isn't usually worth the added cost.

the pny gtx 970 u linked is a reference card,  most people opt for non-reference card due to better cooling performances, which can help with overclocking.

Last edited by a moderator:
^

Also usually the evga/gigabyte/msi cards are overclocked out of the box.  I believe the stock cards are at ~1100mhz where as those cards wind down to ~150mhz when idle and up to ~1400mhz as necessary, and thats just the factory settings

Last edited by a moderator:
^

Also usually the evga/gigabyte/msi cards are overclocked out of the box. I believe the stock cards are at ~1100mhz where as those cards wind down to ~150mhz when idle and up to ~1400mhz as necessary, and thats just the factory settings
yeah, but you have to go by exact models, since there is like a 15 different models of gtx 970 from all the manufacturers.

for gigabyte is the g1 edition, if you want to overclock , and msi is MSI GTX 970 GAMING edition , which is red and black color. with evga, you have to go with the ones that came out in 2015, since the version prior versions before 2015, have poor cooling if you overclock.

bread's done
Back