* * * * * 5 votes

Evil Within (PS4/XBO) $15 (360/PS3) $30 at Target with Cartwheel App - Expires May 2

#61 jimijumper   Banned Banned   2834 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

jimijumper

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:35 PM

Thanks OP was able to get in on the $15.XX deal no prob. Price match, then Cartwheel...

#62 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2400 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:23 PM

Got the deal. Thx

#63 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4743 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:49 PM

Damn... In at $15. Outstanding! Thanks, OP!

$15 is decent though its been near this price before. Was $25 all around the holidays so $10 four months later isn't that big.

#64 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1469 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:01 PM

Been waiting for it at this price! Unfortunately my Target was out of stock...

#65 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

$15 is decent though its been near this price before. Was $25 all around the holidays so $10 four months later isn't that big.

Pretty sure it was 25 only during black Friday sales. It was 20 at Amazon recently (has been 30 for awhile) and was 20 used on game fly.

So might not big the biggest deal but it's still the cheapest yet.

#66 MastrMeatWad   The microwave demands sacrifice CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

MastrMeatWad

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

I was gonna jump on this. Good deal but by the time I get to it I may be able to buy for 10 or less.

#67 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   4386 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

I'll check it out when I go to the store today.  I'm sure the Jr Detective there will try to stop me from stacking a price match with a cartwheel discount. 

They don't have to override this to get it to go through correct? 

#68 MrSmiley1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:19 PM

I got the store in Kalamazoo Michigan to price match the $30 price from best buy for the PlayStation 3 version. the cartwheel app stacked so I got that one for $15 plus tax

#69 Kidorangepanda   Arcade PCB Addict CAGiversary!   391 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Kidorangepanda

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:19 PM

Thanks OP, after the employee stopped bitching about stacking the cartwheel with the price match of their own website, I was allowed to pay and leave.

#70 gordo789   Freebasing Deals CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

gordo789

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:44 PM

went to my Target last night to try this and they were all out of the damn game for PS4.  No other local targets for me to try :-(

#71 freshgamer  

freshgamer

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

I was able to get in on this deal. Glad mine came with the slipcover.

#72 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2977 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:22 PM

I'll check it out when I go to the store today.  I'm sure the Jr Detective there will try to stop me from stacking a price match with a cartwheel discount. 

They don't have to override this to get it to go through correct? 

The price match will require a verification from a team lead/manager of some sorts. Then, AFTER you have received the price match, you can present your phone for your cartwheel discount and that will apply automatically.

Just remember everyone- while the Target's registers will allow the stack, there is verbiage in the price match policy that states it shouldn't be this way.

#73 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   4386 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

The price match will require a verification from a team lead/manager of some sorts. Then, AFTER you have received the price match, you can present your phone for your cartwheel discount and that will apply automatically.

Just remember everyone- while the Target's registers will allow the stack, there is verbiage in the price match policy that states it shouldn't be this way.

Yea, I didn't have any issues this time, probably because the Jr Detective who shuts me down wasn't there today.  I actually had a very pleasant experience.  Had the electronics person bring the game up front while I grabbed some other stuff I needed.  When I got up there the woman working at CS had already looked up the price match for me and had it ready.  While we waited for the Manager to come over she asked me what type of game it was and if it was about zombies like The Walking Dead TV show.  Which kind of made me laugh since she was probably over 70.   LOL  After the manager approved the price match she scanned the cartwheel and I was out the door.

Thanks for posting this OP.

#74 RocksLikeToast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

RocksLikeToast

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

Confirming this worked.  The girl at the checkout kinda laughed when the price dropped and asked if I was on some kinda pricehunter reddit community xD 

#75 freshgamer  

freshgamer

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

Its better than nothing, gamestop is still charging 39.99 pre owned. So for $15 brand new, its a good deal.

#76 DubTownG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:13 PM

Ended up caving and went to get it from my local Target. Got one with the Fighting Chance DLC. Suggestion for anyone going in to do a price match, ask for Amazon. The guy helping me found it on there for $24 (current price of a used copy from Amazon Warehouse Deals) so with the Cartwheel coupon I ended up getting it for $12 (plus tax) out the door. Obviously this is highly YMMV.

#77 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:23 PM

I was able to get in on this deal. Glad mine came with the slipcover.

I think they all come with a slipcover, I got a copy when it released and had to return it due to a cracked case and those had the slip and the fighting chance pack. The one I got last night came with a slip but no fighting chance pack and mentions something about game informer score 9/10 right on the actual game case...............

I'm heading out by anther target tomorrow, I might bring it to that one and see if they have any ones with the fighting chance pack(still haven't opened it). I wouldn't go out of my way for it but I'm not gonna be playing it tonight and I'm a be right next door tomorrow so might as well try.  

#78 token2k6   LG FUAD CAGiversary!   4513 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:25 PM

Craziest experience ever. Had a guy reach back and grab one of the last ones with a slip cover. Headed up to the CS counter. The guy was cool about price matching, I wasn't thinking/quick enough to get it up on my phone and he gets the iPad. I hadn't mentioned anything about Cartwheel at this point and he asks me if I have the app, I said yes. He then shows me the screen, not a usual one, where it shows the game, $29.99 but the word 'CARTWHEEL' in red text below it and thats it. 

He then tells me that it'll take the 50% off reducing the $59.99 to $29.99. I then explained that he should adjust it to $29.99 first then scan the CW to take 50% off that. Still not having it on my phone and trying to see it differently, I just kept rambling until he just said OK and PM'd it down and scanned CW. Pretty great deal!

#79 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

I think they all come with a slipcover, I got a copy when it released and had to return it due to a cracked case and those had the slip and the fighting chance pack. The one I got last night came with a slip but no fighting chance pack and mentions something about game informer score 9/10 right on the actual game case...............

I'm heading out by anther target tomorrow, I might bring it to that one and see if they have any ones with the fighting chance pack(still haven't opened it). I wouldn't go out of my way for it but I'm not gonna be playing it tonight and I'm a be right next door tomorrow so might as well try.  

They dont all have slipcovers, my Target didnt have any.  Just the regular cases.

Anyways, no problems price matching a PS4 copy at my Target tonight.  Thanks again OP, $14.25 out the door after Redcard discount.

For anybody looking to quickly play through, Amazon is giving a $13.48 TIV for the PS4 version.  Lock it in tonight and you have over a week to send it out.

http://www.amazon.co...trdrt_list_asin

#80 Davivascaino   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1622 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Davivascaino

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:00 PM

got one for ps4, but no slipcover.  :wall:

#81 RunningMan  

RunningMan

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:11 PM

Thank you, as others said, price adjusted via manager for target.com, then rang up 2 other random items, then gave cartwheel, clerk didnt bat an eye when the price dropped.

#82 KingofOldSchool   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5092 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

KingofOldSchool

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:14 PM

Great success. I actually got this without an resistance like when I tried to PM and do a deal like before. It came with the Fighting Chance add on as well.

#83 freshgamer  

freshgamer

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:14 PM

Wouldn't let me. I was told one or the other.

damn that sucks.

#84 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3531 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:58 PM

Told kid a register could I price match and use a cartwheel coupons he basically said with no questions asked how much it be and just price adjusted.... I really should have said 5$ and laughed my way out the door. 15 is a good price 30 with Season pass isn't too bad.

#85 nightmare452   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

nightmare452

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:16 AM

Got shut down at my Target in Gaithersburg MD. Guy said he would not even try to both price match and use the coupon. Oh well, less backlog games I guess.

#86 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2362 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:26 AM

Just left Target successful with the PM and Coupon without any questions. The guy who got me the game out of the case already knew what I was doing so that was good. Sadly didn't get the slipcover copy but it's better than nothing!

Also while I was there, I decided to look at the Clearance section and HOLY SHIT this Target (Clifton, NJ) literally had over 50 copies of Kinect Disneyland Adventures for $8.98...just wow

#87 DarkGamer11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   545 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

DarkGamer11

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:36 AM

Got one. However, had a weird experience with Cartwheel. The lady PMed the game, but then when she scanned my Cartwheel it took my coupon off instead, essentially removing the PM. She used a "Store Coupon Discount" of $5 X3 to get the price down to $15. Just an oddity I thought I would mention.

#88 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5876 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:42 AM

Told kid a register could I price match and use a cartwheel coupons he basically said with no questions asked how much it be and just price adjusted.... I really should have said 5$ and laughed my way out the door. 15 is a good price 30 with Season pass isn't too bad.

If you did, he might have called over a manager or senior associate, and they would've said only one or the other. So good thing you didn't get greedy.

#89 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3334 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:50 AM

For anyone trying to plat or 1000gs this good luck as akumu difficulty will test you in every possible way then some.

#90 bruceg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1538 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:56 AM

They dont all have slipcovers, my Target didnt have any.  Just the regular cases.

Anyways, no problems price matching a PS4 copy at my Target tonight.  Thanks again OP, $14.25 out the door after Redcard discount.

For anybody looking to quickly play through, Amazon is giving a $13.48 TIV for the PS4 version.  Lock it in tonight and you have over a week to send it out.

http://www.amazon.co...trdrt_list_asin

Yeah, the ps4 version was harder to find and copies didn't all have the slip cover.  All the other versions, though, were more plentiful with the lenticular cover.