* * * * * 5 votes

Evil Within (PS4/XBO) $15 (360/PS3) $30 at Target with Cartwheel App - Expires May 2

#151 jtfox21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:48 PM

there are 2 "versions" of the game
1. the slipcover with the Fighting chance DLC
2. the 9/10 game informer score on the box. No DLC.

there may be a 3rd with the slipcover and no DLC.. but I've only seen those two. It was the same way with the Wolfenstein the new order, one with the Doom beta on the cover, the other had the 9/10 Polygon box.

Whoever got their Target to match Amazon warehouse deals... you bastard. :applause:

There is a third. It's a slip with no stickers what so ever. Call it vanilla. It's the one I got... thought the DLC would be inside based on it not being the GI one... but no luck.

#152 lqlegit  

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:18 AM

Long time CAG fan, finally made an account. Thanks for all the money I have saved.

1st target said I could only use the PM or cartwheel, not both.

2nd target the lady give me the 29.99 PM from target online and then I showed her the cartwheel coupon. She turned and asked another worker if I could use both and he asked her if the PM was from target online, to which she replied yes. So then he said sure and she gave it to me for 14.99 plus tax. As I was leaving she said it was like I was cheating the system, I just smiled and left lol.

#153 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6177 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:05 AM

So... am I the only one who feels this game is a bit too much? I literally couldn't make it thru the first ten minutes because it offended me so much.

It felt like the worst parts of Hostel and Saw had been thrown in a blender and then I was asked to control the lead character.

I understand there are some who enjoy the darker nature in this... but there has to be some such as myself which think this is just going waaaayyyyy overboard.

I believe that sometimes it's more effective to use small amount of gore... versus making it the focal point?

Yeah ... it's a bit over the top ... actually the latest Mortal Kombat is a bit over the top too ... definitely not for kids or the faint of heart or stomach. I gave up on trying to get this deal, too many employees that won't stack it and it's for a game that, while not bad, isn't probably worth all the driving and effort. Might grab a GOTY version on BF though if the DLC is any good.

#154 praneeth03  

praneeth03

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:42 AM

Tried but got rejected - thanks anyway OP

#155 Raider209   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Raider209

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:36 AM

Snagged a ps4 with the slip cover and dlc Thank you op !

#156 SteveGo   What's my name? CAGiversary!   1217 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:04 AM

So... am I the only one who feels this game is a bit too much? I literally couldn't make it thru the first ten minutes because it offended me so much.

It felt like the worst parts of Hostel and Saw had been thrown in a blender and then I was asked to control the lead character.

I understand there are some who enjoy the darker nature in this... but there has to be some such as myself which think this is just going waaaayyyyy overboard.

I believe that sometimes it's more effective to use small amount of gore... versus making it the focal point?

Pussy.

#157 jtfox21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:19 PM

Pussy.

That or I'm smart enough to realize that you areally desensitizing people with content like this... to the point it will affect people's judgement and normal thoughts.

Most people can differentiate real life from the digital world... however I firmly believe there is a percentage of the population already riding a fine line... it's things like these that start the hamster turning the wheel... and once that wheel starts who knows where it will take them.

Not to mention I have a six and three year old living under my roof... kindve tough to play through a game that I can't have on the television due to the fear that they'll walk in the room.

Tampon.

#158 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:34 PM

That or I'm smart enough to realize that you areally desensitizing people with content like this... to the point it will affect people's judgement and normal thoughts.

Most people can differentiate real life from the digital world... however I firmly believe there is a percentage of the population already riding a fine line... it's things like these that start the hamster turning the wheel... and once that wheel starts who knows where it will take them.

Not to mention I have a six and three year old living under my roof... kindve tough to play through a game that I can't have on the television due to the fear that they'll walk in the room.

Tampon.

:roll:

If someone has violent tendencies, a video game isn't the problem. 

Just a quick scroll through this page shows a lot of violent people killing others PRIOR to any video games.

http://en.wikipedia....rampage_killers

Look at the GTA style stuff, long before the game was even invented... but GTA gets blamed for road rage/vehicular homicide and multiple other violent acts.

Video games are the easy way to point the blame.

Hell i've killed countless millions in FPS games.... not one person in real life.

#159 pacmanlives   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

pacmanlives

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:44 PM

Thanks!

#160 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2400 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:15 PM

This type of game isn't fit for anyone that is mentally unstable.

That said, jtfox, was just pointing out that people who are on the edge should avoid these type of games since they may already have trouble discerning society's acceptable norms.

And, on the other hand, backlash has the facts right about violent crime being around well before the first video game was invented.

In conclusion, you are both right to an extent.

Now let's get this thread back to your normally scheduled CAG sale.

#161 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:25 PM

So I ended up going back yesterday, I had to get some new work boots and decided to exchange my copy, case was cracked and the artwork had a tear on the spine. Ended up getting one with the Dlc and slipcover, had to ask to get the display case one and there was only one copy left without Dlc. I know have four evil within slipcovers lol

The girl doing the exchange is looking at the cover like ohhhh this looks like a scary game, I wouldn't like this lol

#162 jtfox21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:39 PM

This type of game isn't fit for anyone that is mentally unstable.

That said, jtfox, was just pointing out that people who are on the edge should avoid these type of games since they may already have trouble discerning society's acceptable norms.

And, on the other hand, backlash has the facts right about violent crime being around well before the first video game was invented.

In conclusion, you are both right to an extent.

Now let's get this thread back to your normally scheduled CAG sale.

Agreed. I'm not saying the video games are the cause of the behavior... but they can influence a person... especially young people who are impressionable.

There are plenty of things that are a bit too perverted for society as a whole... my wife loves that Damn show American Horror Story... I however feel it has no place on television because of its nature. There's a reason why things have had to become more and more extreme... it's because you are no longer getting the shock value from the other things that have become "normal."

Agreed though... back to the sale.

#163 PanzerNinja   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

PanzerNinja

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:58 PM

Struck out twice at two different Targets. Once on the game alone and again when I had a couple of other items. Both times I was told I couldn't price match and cartwheel.

#164 TLFerrill   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:48 PM

Worked for me. Got the last copy.  Just had them pm and then said I had a coupon.  Girl said "wow, you got a good deal".

#165 Wombat   CAGcast or nothin CAGiversary!   2386 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:20 PM

Deal worked for me, thanks OP!

#166 ShirtSizeXXXLXT   Fluffernutter 4LIFE CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

ShirtSizeXXXLXT

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:36 PM

Thank you to the OP on this deal.  Yet again I have gotten an absurdly ridiculous deal thanks to you guys.  A $60 game for $15.  Unbelievable.  I will also say for those who aren't having any luck obtaining the deal because the Target worker is saying, "One discount or the other only."  That is bullshit!  I would kindly ask to speak with a manager.  9 out of 10 times I'm willing to bet they'll make it right for you.  Fight that shit. 

#167 kiddy_pride   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

kiddy_pride

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:42 AM

I went to target to buy evil within ps4 version (I don't have ps4).

but with the cartwheel the price went from 59.99 to 29.99 T____T

so I said never mind and left.

so whoever got it for 14.xx was lucky!

#168 eepeep  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:46 AM

Deal worked for me.  I added a bag of M&M's that qualified for a 10% off cartwheel offer, so after the manager approved the price match and left, I just handed over my phone with my cartwheel scan coupon and the Customer Service Rep scanned it automatically.

Here's a tip that might be more helpful..., you can just load your cartwheel app with a bunch of different offers first before adding the game.  (i.e. Add the Evil Within game last, which buries it at the bottom so that it doesn't appear on top of your scannable Cartwheel Coupon barcode).  The other offers don't have to be things you're actually buying.  Load up on DVD discounts or snack discounts or whatever.

Just make sure that the FIRST item you added is the one you're saying the cartwheel discount is for (like my bag of M&M's), they're not going to say "no". 

#169 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:15 AM

I went to target to buy evil within ps4 version (I don't have ps4).

but with the cartwheel the price went from 59.99 to 29.99 T____T

so I said never mind and left.

so whoever got it for 14.xx was lucky!

you have to PM it to their online price first. For whatever reason the in store price doesn't match the online price.

*then* you use the cartwheel code. 

Eepeep, good idea for those that may have a problem getting it for $15.

#170 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1282 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:50 AM

Here's a tip that might be more helpful..., you can just load your cartwheel app with a bunch of different offers first before adding the game.  (i.e. Add the Evil Within game last, which buries it at the bottom so that it doesn't appear on top of your scannable Cartwheel Coupon barcode).  The other offers don't have to be things you're actually buying.  Load up on DVD discounts or snack discounts or whatever.

Just make sure that the FIRST item you added is the one you're saying the cartwheel discount is for (like my bag of M&M's), they're not going to say "no". 

This is what I did as well. I think you got the order a little switched up though. When I did it the last offer I added appeared at the top and the evil within one I added first was at the bottom.

#171 eepeep  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:24 AM

This is what I did as well. I think you got the order a little switched up though. When I did it the last offer I added appeared at the top and the evil within one I added first was at the bottom.

I tested this before I posted.  At least for my version of the Cartwheel App (Ver 1.8 (480) / iOS ver 8.1.2 / iPhone 4S), the first item added always posted to the top under the Cartwheel barcode.    All subsequent items were then added chronologically underneath the barcode.

If there was an App update, the functionality may have changed, and you may be right.  

Either way, as long as anyone can get the gist and can replicate it, they should have no problems getting this deal (or any future Cartwheel deals) if they encounter an uncooperative Customer Service Rep.  

#172 LoveLost   Snarf!!! CAGiversary!   718 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:51 PM

I went to target yesterday for this deal and the lovely gal at the electronics section told me about the price matching and cartwheel code. Of course I already knew and had no problem getting the game for $15. Thanks OP

#173 juggaman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

juggaman

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:45 PM

Turned up the charm and got the game price matched + cartwheeled + red carded...out the door for $15. Great deal. 

#174 achilles410   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

achilles410

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:49 PM

Looks like they updated thier site so the game is 59.99 again

#175 libcrazenite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

libcrazenite

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:24 PM

Amazon's price went back up as well.

#176 gordo789   Freebasing Deals CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

gordo789

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:23 PM

well shit. I was hoping to try and see if they had more in stock at my local store. It was out when i tried last week. 

#177 Shadic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:57 AM

Thanks OP.  Picked this up last thursday pricematching + cartwheel. It's the type of game that $15 feels about right.

The game seems alright..haven't got too far into it.

#178 jroc007   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:02 AM

Can you price match amazon then use the cartwheel?

#179 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:32 AM

if anyone here missed the deal for PS4, PM me.  Thinking of selling my copy (not super into it) and would love to help a fellow CAG out.

#180 Shadic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:41 AM

if anyone here missed the deal for PS4, PM me.  Thinking of selling my copy (not super into it) and would love to help a fellow CAG out.

Gamestop will give you 13.xx for it if you're a PUR member. After playing it more, I really wasn't feeling it. Seemed too rigid and unforgiving for a game that throws a lot of cheap deaths at you. Eh. got 2 dollars worth of fun out of it.