Old stock (SF vs. Tekken SE, Terraria PS3) popping up @ Target stores

Romeo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
In the Vita thread I noticed members talking about old games popping up out of nowhere, some I've never even seen sold there before. The games were years old and super mint, leading me to believe it's either a reprint or warehouses are shipping out old stored stock.

This week I noticed a wall full of older games, some CEs, all as mint as can be. Took a photo, linked below. I did not scan each so prices will vary, especially if the individual stores choose to sell these as a clearance of full MSRP.

YcTLqz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep these have never left my target. I assume they were just hanging in the back room in a location that was marked emptied but still had product and forgotten until they did inventory yearly. Used to happen at my store sometimes.

Wierd that some of that stuff would start showing up in stores. I run the video game section at my store and we have a whole section dedicated to having all our old games out on the floor instead of just sitting in the back unsold. It's alot of the same stuff I see in that picture minus all the cool CEs, but we've never recieved old games. Its only ever discontinued games coming off the planograms from the regular PS or Xbox aisles.

This may be stores just clearing out their backrooms, and not necessarily stores getting shipments. I remember when I worked for Target, out electronics backroom had stuff stored in it for years and it never got pulled out.

This may be stores just clearing out their backrooms, and not necessarily stores getting shipments. I remember when I worked for Target, out electronics backroom had stuff stored in it for years and it never got pulled out.
When I first started working 9 years ago we found some old N64 games in the back. Nothing super cool, but it shows how long stuff has sit there.

Are stores getting the CE of Terreria? I did see a bunch of older games in my store but looked like it was just stuff left over from the B1G1 free sale on backstock games.

i ordered a terraria CE for ps3 off target.com about a month ago and it arrived with the sticker seal broken and box damaged. also i saw some in stores that were the same way previously

I too saw sf x tekken ce & others all MSRP full price. Waste of time going after them right now.
it varies from target to target, i know the sf x tekken ce was priced at 30? but those codes arent good anymore so its not worth it anyway

Saw a few of these awhile back during their b1g1 50% off deal and picked up a collectors Lightning returns(PS3) and tekken tag 2(Wii U) during that sale. Never gonna play lightning returns though lol.

My Target had a Terraria CE, didn't know what the hell it was when I saw it. Never heard of it. I also saw a Lightning Returns (PS3) Steelbook Target exclusive in addition to a Thief (PS4) Steelbook Target Edition as well and both were $19.99 each.

I just love the fact there are Modern Warfare 3 and Fable 3 games at the top of the shelf.  I mean wow how long do they keep games like that?

Terraria is a fantastic game, I own it on just about every platform. However, the PS3 CE doesn't have the game on disc, but instead just includes a voucher for it. Really disappointing, considering that the 360 CE does have the physical game in the box. I own the PS3 version digitally, but would have bought the CE if it had the physical game.

Terraria is a fantastic game, I own it on just about every platform. However, the PS3 CE doesn't have the game on disc, but instead just includes a voucher for it. Really disappointing, considering that the 360 CE does have the physical game in the box. I own the PS3 version digitally, but would have bought the CE if it had the physical game.
if you a collector though the PS3 one the way to go since they made a lot less copies and each one is individual numbered the 360 version is not

Thanks for the heads up OP, first target we went to had 1/20th the stuff in your photo, but still picked up a few things, got a couple of extra ps3 ce terraria to maybe flip or trade, heading to another store later, maybe see if any gems can be found. Also, wondering if target will PM gamestop price, in the photo you have COD presitge, might be able to get it PM'd and use the red card for an extra 5% off.

my store had the same stuff out since that sale on NOP games they had a while ago. fifa 11 and ncaa 13 were the highlights.

edit: forgot about the $30 psp dual packs.

Amazed some of these games lasted this long w/o going on clearance or even being donated to the local goodwill. They have Fable 3, Socom, PSP dual packs and even old DS shovelware. Those are just going to sit in the store for a few more years before someone finally gets the clear to donate it.

Can someone tell me if the Terraira CE PS3 download game card has expiration date? Thank you. Deciding whether to get it or wait for PSN on sale and purchase there.

bread's done
Back